Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Ror posted:

I love the idea of fully vigilante firefighters and EMT, that would make a great show. They are constantly destroying stuff and causing other problems in the city but the local government and services are so gutted and impotent that they wind up becoming beloved anti-heroes. They will always respond to an emergency that is being ignored and tackle it with questionable competence.
That is basically the plot of Mother, Jugs, and Speed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother,_Jugs_%26_Speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
The ultimate stick weapon though was a switch. A good springy one with the bark stripped off.:discourse:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Arrath posted:

Okay grandpa
I learned from the best.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Lurkman posted:

Be aware it's traditional to go to a monster truck show on a Sunday Sunday Sunday.
Also, you will have to pay for the entire seat, but all you'll need is THE EDGE!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Robobot posted:

You know, I always thought a ram would beat a deer in a headbutt fight. I’ve learned something new today.
I thought it was because the ram brought a hammer to a knife fight. They're horns are more bashy bashy and the deer's are more stabby stabby.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I understand that sexism doesn't really have an honest rationale, but what was the reasoning behind "women can't run long distances"?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

Women are inferior and also weak and fragile. We cant have them doing stuff that might prove otherwise

Cocaine Bear posted:

How would Johnny Chain Smoker feel if he lost to a girl? Think of Johnny.

It really is that simplistic, huh. I thought they were trying to say there was some physiological danger to women or something. I way overthought it. lol

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

joat mon posted:

And he turned into a frikkin whiner after he checked the race manager

Later, Karma strikes:

Yet she married him the next year, which lasted 5 years
How has this movie never been made?! The race official chasing her down, the attack, the "breakup", etc all in the course of a single marathon. I'd watch it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

The (sexist) explanation I remember hearing was something along the lines of "Physical exertion might compress the internal (baby making) organs of the gentile female form. Therefore: no"
This is what I was hoping for, well hope is probably not the right word. I just find the absurd ways that people justify their prejudices fascinating. It really is the strangest form of magical thinking.