Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

No Safe Word posted:

what not to do?

You really can't over-estimate the value of a negative example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
"Bloodlines"?

WTF is this horse racing?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Did the Browns just literally trade up one spot to take Justin Gilbert?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Schwack posted:

Dunno, this doesnt seem incompetent. They traded very little to get a good CB.

They trade a 5th rounder for no reason whatsoever. That's the incompetent part.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Big Beef City posted:

I love it.
"The Browns came in and asked me a few things. I had a good feeling!"

That sentence doesn't make any sense.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Schwack posted:

Unless they thought the Vikings might be targeting CB too.

If they thought the Vikings were going to draft him then my point not only stands, but is significantly enhanced.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Belichick takes JFF just to prove he doesn't need first round picks because he can just conjure them out of thin air at will.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
JFF to the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Oh my god we're actually going to get Clowney AND Bridgewater, aren't we?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Welp, Carr it is then.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I'm actually not all that hung up about Carr. It's unfair to compare him to his brother. I mean, Jesus, look at the Mannings.

..by which I mean the obviously superior, multi-SB-winning Eli over his lowly brother.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kirios posted:

Clowney's great but come on, would a Chargers fan want to see Ryan Leaf's brother at quarterback? Or the Browns have Brandon Weeden's brother at quarterback? What about the Raiders? Would you like JaMarcus Russell's brother at quarterback?

It's strange. It's horrible. I thought I was done with seeing someone with the last name Carr as a Texans quarterback. This is a terrible nightmare.

Edit: Whatever, you guys will say yes to that question in a heartbeat, and it will be easy for you to do because you'll never have to deal with this situation. gently caress this Earth...Clowney's great and all but Bridgewater was the guy I wanted the most out of anyone and the Texans squandered it. It's difficult to be that happy about today...it was almost the perfect draft.

It's actually pretty easy, tbh.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kirios posted:

The city of Houston will be furious with another Carr on the team and he will get booed from day loving one. He will have zero chance in Houston. It's completely unfair to Derek Carr for him to come here. This is a town that CANNOT handle another Carr at quarterback.

Hardly anyone in the younger fanbase even remembers Carr.

The only thing anyone is going to care about is that it isn't Schaub, and they'll be too busy drooling over Watt+Clowney to care.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

regulargonzalez posted:

drat you Houston fans can moan. I hope they *don't* loving draft Carr and instead pick up Taylor Martinez in the 4th.

Literally one Houston fan is moaning about Carr in this thread.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kirios posted:

Great, Houston's going to become a running joke with the Carrs now.

We've been a running joke since we came into the league so

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

R.D. Mangles posted:

and this is a city that literally named its airport after george hw bush

No one actually calls it that, though.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Drafting Carr would give me a pretty good excuse to do another song for the Farthouse so I'm actually pretty down.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Carr 2: Carrmageddon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Now I hope we draft Carr because I'm writing lyrics already.

• Locked thread