Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Intruder posted:

To: Kalli and MourningView, DeMarcus Faggins is a real player and was really lovely on the Texans, not a Rivals pun, Kirios didn't deserve a probation
Okay, so it wasn't just me afterall. :lol:

"I think that was the dudes actual name...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Ozu posted:

Marqise Lee to the Browns.

That'd make sense even if Gordon wasn't getting suspended.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

commy gun posted:

That'd make sense even if Gordon wasn't getting suspended.

I bet on Marqise Lee getting drafted over Derek Carr at +120 a few hours ago and I just checked again and now Lee is -195 holy poo poo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Intruder posted:

To: Kalli and MourningView, DeMarcus Faggins is a real player and was really lovely on the Texans, not a Rivals pun, Kirios didn't deserve a probation

:laffo:

That is an unfortunate name

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lol I was looking at Kirios's post and was trying to figure out what last name could be turned into faggins

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DOOP posted:

:laffo:

That is an unfortunate name

Well it's pronounced Faye-ginns (like rhymes with Ted Ginns)

I'm sure he had to clarify that many times throughout his life though

Although gently caress him he was horrible, let them pronounce it wrong I say

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That was from like february wasn't it? Dude also posted he was 240 pounds with 4% body fat which is just ridiculous. I thought the Rivera portion of last nights press conference was interesting where he talked about him needing work on his blocking but being a willing blocker who always went in.

I really hope we can double down on the position and pick up Matthews today.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Intruder posted:

Speaking of bad gay jokes, I hope Michael Sam gets drafted while Matt Millen is on ESPN, so Millen can make a meatheaded gay joke and get fired.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It never processed for me, but Roger Goodell is a ginger.

Also, whatever chance JFF had of succeeding in the NFL just took a poo poo. A Cleveland steamer poo poo.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Crossing my fingers like hell for Matthews. As a Gamecock, I also wouldn't mind seeing Bruce Ellington on our roster. It seems like his stock has risen a lot over the past few months, so I'm not sure when he'll go.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Haha, perfect positioning.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Is that a giant hologram? Is that from 1991?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AsInHowe posted:

Is that a giant hologram? Is that from 1991?

It's stained glass like a church.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Browns can't go 24 hours withou tragedy.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Volkerball posted:

It's stained glass like a church.

It must be positioned inside, and some screenprinted stained glass or something. Stained glass usually consists of lots of little glass pieces.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Intruder posted:

haha yeah whoops. I'm having it reversed right now.

I kinda thought that might be his real name but it got reported as a pun and I barely watch the Texans so I figured his name was, like "Faddins" or something. My bad! Thanks for the heads up.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

BlindSite posted:

That was from like february wasn't it? Dude also posted he was 240 pounds with 4% body fat which is just ridiculous. I thought the Rivera portion of last nights press conference was interesting where he talked about him needing work on his blocking but being a willing blocker who always went in.

Yeah that was from Feb. It was better than the pic of him smiling with Ricky Proehl though.

Dude may not be a blocker yet, but he will learn. He will learn.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

-Matt Millen-Approved Draft Picks

Didn't he draft megatron and suh? I mean,can't be that bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Incidentally I was saying at the time of the Richardson trade that a Gordon trade would make a lot of sense for the Browns for EXACTLY THIS REASON

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10908822/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-faces-season-long-suspension

Welp. Looks like Johnny gets to try to make Greg Little catch things. Can't wait to see Jordan Cameron see like 200 targets because of this.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Quest For Glory II posted:

Incidentally I was saying at the time of the Richardson trade that a Gordon trade would make a lot of sense for the Browns for EXACTLY THIS REASON

That was before he led the league in receiving so no team was going to take that risk.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

Browns can't go 24 hours withou tragedy.

Pot is the devils grass.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That was before he led the league in receiving so no team was going to take that risk.
I don't know if I'm being wooshed or not but Gordon was averaging 97 yards a game up to the trade deadline and he could've been moved in the winter.

I would've gotten something for him with his value as high as it was ever going to be and the threat of strike 3 always looming

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 9, 2014

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Coldforge posted:

Better not be Carl Bradford. Seahawks :argh:

I hope neither of you draft him, keep him in az

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You said after the Richardson trade. Wasn't that like week 5? Gordon had only played 3 games by that point.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You said after the Richardson trade. Wasn't that like week 5? Gordon had only played 3 games by that point.

Week 2

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh. Then he had played zero games.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MourningView posted:

I kinda thought that might be his real name but it got reported as a pun and I barely watch the Texans so I figured his name was, like "Faddins" or something. My bad! Thanks for the heads up.

You'd think people would be more familiar with middling to terrible cornerbacks drafted in the 7th who play for an expansion team

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MourningView posted:

Hahahahaha

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

You'd think people would be more familiar with middling to terrible cornerbacks drafted in the 7th who play for an expansion team

Especially moderators on a sports forum. They could never stump the schwab. :colbert:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
GDT is up. Let's get cranky

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Sorry, you're right, it wasn't at the time of the Richardson trade but it was later on. I wish archives worked, oh well. Anyway, they kept Gordon and it bit em.

Gordon and Blackmon together could form the greatest WR tandem to not see the field.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Seahawks made a decent trade, now to see how they use it today...

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

MourningView posted:

His cousin, Bilbo, is the third-string kicker for the Browns.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

So my introduction to the Broncos pick was a highlight reel of all his gently caress ups :eng99:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

MourningView posted:

Seriously, I just want to take a time out to thank you for just realizing a mistake and undoing it. This is why I love TFF.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Comfortador posted:

Seriously, I just want to take a time out to thank you for just realizing a mistake and undoing it. This is why I love TFF.

I think he did it at least once before when he probated somebody for calling Eli Elisha, before finding out that's Eli's birth name and reversing it and apologizing. MV rules

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
"Hey, Johny! Uh, that generational talent WR we were talking about on the phone? Yeah, he's suspended for the year. Welcome to Cleveland, man!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Picking Jimmy Garoppolo is really loving stupid.

• Locked thread