Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Ignoarints posted:

After seeing all these neat project threads getting refreshed I got to wondering who drove the rarest car on AI. Any sort of classification you want, even if your 05 Honda Civic is 1 of 2 in the baby piss yellow with dark purple and orange factory seat color combo.

My claim to fame is I drive an 09 Cobalt of which there were only 100 made. :toot: It makes me snicker just thinking that sentence. More realistically, it's 1 of 472 SS sedans (1 of 100 in the paint code). Which is something like 0.003% of all Cobalts made - making it amazingly difficult to get really routine parts sometimes, even from dealers. It's an ok car. I specifically bought it because it looked like a plain Cobalt and only found out it was rare right before I bought it.

If I had to guess, perhaps I have the newest and rarest car here. But I'm probably wrong. The first time I heard how few were made I thought "wow, this is like having a rare toaster"

Who has something weird?

SS Sedans are great sleeper cars. Mine SS has the high rise and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Ignoarints posted:

Yeah I got pulled over a lot in my STi in the past. I wanted the polar opposite of that in looks, but within a limited budget this time around. And there she was - a silver Cobalt with a hidden turbo and pretty great (for fwd) suspension all factory. Easily my least favorite car color in one of the most boring looking car bodies on the market. No SS tail lights, wing, etc.

Pretty fast though, I was pretty shocked that it was (barely) a 13 second card from the factory, and an additional 50hp was a few bolt ons away. But it is what it is - a souped up cobalt.

Despite the fact there were only 472 ever made, I saw 5 others within 2 months in my city alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piE1R8u0pvU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Way2slow posted:

'92 GMC Typhoon (It's for sale!)

I am extremely jealous.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

nm posted:

That said, doesn't compare to a Colbalt TC/SS sedan. Note OP, they made some NA colbalt SSes in earlier years, so it can be hard to tell. The easiest is looking at the brakes.

The 2.4 NA makes good power once you slap an M62 on it. One of these days when I'm not broke I'm going to size down on my pulley. The SS/TCs came with Brembos but the SS/SC and SS/NA did not.

• Locked thread