Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Oh man, that Esprit is so awesome. Totally on my car bucket list.

I have a couple things that are probably rare, Im not driving them yet so it doesnt really count, yet.

The first is my 1926 IH "speed truck". Its all there and its soon up on my getting running list. Its not rare in the sense of production numbers but its all original and complete. Wood cab and all. It "ran when parked" about 30 years ago, Im hoping it just takes cleaning out the old varnished gas because I cant imagine that anyone in the world makes parts for it anymore. I think I'm going to have to work with what I have and make parts as needed.

It even has a crank start. I was never ever going to mess with that but I found that it also has an electric starter.

But this car, needing a total restoration is really rare. Its a 1932 Buick Roadster. There were only 238 of these made that year. It had 105hp that year which was incredible compared to the Stovebolt Chevys and the first year of the Ford flathead. It would have smoked both of them in easy Buick straight 8 smoothness.

Im going to practice my restoration skills on a few more cars/trucks before I get to the Buick but oh man, it will be worth the wait. Ill be pulling it out of the barn this year sometime and I cant wait. It has some weird feature where you can pull a lever and adjust the suspension stiffness. I dont know anything about that yet but its what my uncle tells me about it.

I know Im kinda disqualified from the thread since neither of them are driveable yet but I cant imagine anyone in AI having something older than 1926.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread