Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

revmoo posted:

Can we add a rule to this? No car that's worth less than 10k.

Are we talking now or (inflation-adjusted) original purchase price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Eh, gently caress your 10k nonsense.

I drive a Mazdaspeed Protege. First factory Mazdaspeed model, last hurrah of the Protege/323 platform before the 3 replaced it. Only 4500 made during 1 model year; 1,700 2003s, and 2800 "2003.5"s (with a different body kit and darker wheels). Mine in particular is an 03.5, and one of only 500 in Blazing Yellow Mica, the Best Color (tied for rarest color with Sunlight Silver Metallic).

It also has the distinction of being the most powerful Protege ever built, at 170hp from the factory.

Also, the platform is the successor to the BH chassis; because Mazda skips the letter I for whatever reason, it's therefore called the BJ. :gay:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ultimateforce posted:

Wow! 170hp!

I had a friend with a DX BJ Protege with a FS-DE swap from a Protege5 and his car was basically as fast as my MSP because of the weight difference.

And how rare is your 5.0 Mustang again? :smug:

We've been through the performance chat before, that ain't what this thread's about.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Thing is, American cars (at least until relatively recently) tend to have a lot more individual options, as opposed to total packages like imports tend to have (my MSP for example had no options to choose, it's a pretty big complaint about newer WRXs/GT86BR-S/etc).

I dunno about older Hondas though, any experience with those?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Modus Man posted:

2009 Saab 9-7X Aero. 126 were built in 2009. 526 were built in it's entire production run. Fortunately, i'ts powered by an LS2 which is easy to get parts for!

I've occasionally heard that referred to as the Trollblazer and I refuse to call it anything else.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Integra Type R was sold in North America, which requires all cars sold to be LHD. Japan and UK are RHD obviously, and I guess the EU allows both to be registered, so they got the sweet RHD models (NSX, Accord and Civic, all of which I wanna say are RHD only). Who knows why the only ITR was offered in LHD.

I'm sure there are differences to JDM/EDM versions, but that's true of the base models, too (especially the Accord, which is three different cars depending what market you're in).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Powershift posted:

The nsx and euro accord and civic were all sold in lhd as acuras though.

Not the Type Rs, though, afaik.

• Locked thread