Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I have a 1998 Subaru STI Type-RA V-Limited. It's a WRC homolgamation model, I have #544 of 555 that were ever made (555 was the cigarette sponsor that year), as well I have the 'Ballerina pivot' shifter assembly which is 1 of 1000 made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

I have a 1998 Subaru STI Type-RA V-Limited. It's a WRC homolgamation model, I have #544 of 555 that were ever made (555 was the cigarette sponsor that year), as well I have the 'Ballerina pivot' shifter assembly which is 1 of 1000 made.

Just some pics. I forgot to include since we're counting options that this came with a driver-controlled center differential which basically stock means that you get a thumbwheel by the e-brake that controls how much the rear axles are allowed to spin relative to the front. It goes from fully opened to fully locked. I picked up a third party algorithmic controller for it which takes input from the TPS as well as a 2-way G sensor to put the diff in the best possible setting at any time. Other addons that you could customize when you bought the car includes the 13:1 steering rack on this one. It's great.

It also has a live readout on the dash of the center diff ratio that is being set by the algorithmic controller:

The front foglights are controlled by this ridiculous wireless remote which is velcro'd in place here on the dash. I don't know if it's factory but the fogs do say "Subaru" on them. Yes those other controls are for a factory intercooler spray which is pretty rad.

On the trunk:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

BoostCreep posted:

So this thread has devolved into "who has a car that some other people might not have". Basically we will never be able to decide who has the "rarest" car unless very real rules are set in place.

1. Must be a Subaru flat 4
2. ?

Just to get it started~

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Saga posted:

Does the STI still have the ludicrous BRIGHT button on the dash for that clock? The one Subaru fitted because a rheostat for the dash lighting which also wouldn't take up a square meter of dash space would be just too hard and also might actually be useful?

Mine doesn't but the way you describe it I kinda want one.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Until I saw that picture I thought the type-R's were all RHD? Where were they produced in LHD? Or are the Type-R's that you can get in LHD different from the ones you can import?

• Locked thread