Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Negromancer posted:

I have my broken st165 celica alltrac, which only had a thousand or so imported to the US.

The st165 is pretty rare these days but there were certainly more than a thousand sold in the US. Add a zero and you'll be in the ballpark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Negromancer posted:

You are saying over 10,000 st165 alltracs? From this page they only made 26,500 of them total from 86-89, and they were only sold in the US in 88 and 89. They also list that there were only 2,500 st185 alltracs imported to the US out of 26,000 total built.

Either way, don't really care that much. 10,000 just seems way high seeing as how few there are around now.

I hadn't seen those numbers and was basing it off of the ~30k produced figure that I'd come across years ago. I thought they would have imported a larger fraction to the NA market than they did.

Rarest st165 ever is the IMSA GTO Champion special edition. I think only 75 or so made their way to the US.

HotCanadianChick posted:

The important word you missed in his post is alltrac. There's tons of the FWD ones around, but the alltracs are considerably rarer.

Yeah, no, I didn't miss that. I own a couple of the FWD (st162) models, the All-Trac is my Grail.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 9, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Krakkles posted:

I'm not sure if it's just one or both of you missing this, but ST165 is the All-Trac (which is rare), ST16(0/1/2/3) are the non-All-Trac, there were a billion of them, versions.

That said, I'm not sure how many were actually sold here, but it wasn't a great deal. I'd guess the original poster was closer than TR.

Nobody has confused the st165 for the FWD models in this thread, I have no idea where everybody keeps getting that from.

Only 1000 All-Tracs sold (88-89) still seems really low to me, but I do admit that 10k is also way too high of a guess.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

alternate.eago posted:

Eric from the all trac forums has one. His is the one with the st205 hood grafted to the frame of the hood for his st165. Nice car. The only difference is stickers. Seriously stickers.

I remember when he got that, I was sooo jealous. IIRC the IMSAs were also sold as 1987 model years, making them even more rare and unique in the US market. That fact that the only change from the regular All-Trac is some vinyls is amusing, I thought they also had some small interior changes.

edit: really not trying to derail this thread into old-Celica-chat, I'll shut up now.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Wasn't there another AI poster who had a Delorean that wasn't Zordon or Panaflex? Or did you just get a new avatar and I am dumb?

• Locked thread