Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I have a UZZ32 Toyota Soarer. They only made 872 of them, the 2nd shortest production run from Toyota.

Still nothing on some of the cars in this thread - but it's the best I can do :(. It has a unique suspension system though, which wikipedia claims is "the most advanced system ever fitted to a road car". (citation probably needed)

As far as I know it's the only road going car with a real active suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Motronic posted:

Woah....that's pretty cool. But is also seems ridiculously over engineered when you can get pretty much the same result with a gyro and hydraulic sway bar end links (like ACE on Land Rovers) paired up with some kind of adjustable shocks like TEMS.

When active suspensions were allowed in F1 (They first appeared in 1987 I believe on the Lotus 100T, prototypes may have existed before in other cars) they were similar to what that Soarer had, and were very obviously superior to conventional suspensions. What I don't understand is why it didn't appear on a sports car - the JZA80 Supra (same platform) or SW MR2 (with some re-engineering) would be a good candidates.

• Locked thread