Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
Out of my lot I'm going to guess than the Daihatsu Charmant 1.3 LE is the rarest, there's only about 5-6 Charmants of any description left in the UK and I'd guess less than a thousand worldwide (mostly developing countries). They were pretty rot-prone and worthless when they were nearly new, non-mechanical parts are near-impossible to find (even critical things like light units), they didn't sell in that many places and much of the remaining ones are likely to just end up as cheap drift cars which ultimately end up crashed. I'm not a drifter though, just somebody who appreciates plastic woodgrain and mediocre ride quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
Actually, I just looked outside and thought about this one.

It's almost certainly the only Nissan Laurel 1800-LPG in the UK, it was a high-mileage ex-taxi bought and imported by some guy in 2000 for reasons unknown (probably alcohol, it was for me). Nissan only sold the 1.8 of this model in Japan for commercial fleet use, directly to taxi drivers and driving schools, the engine was deemed too slow for actual consumers. Given that the newest one would be 1993, I suspect none of them are still in use commercially and were scrapped years ago. If there's any survivors they will probably just be the odd one which escaped to Russia as a budget used car and still survive. I'm only aware of one other survivor, some guy in Eastern Europe, not sure if he still has it. I look forward to busting it out in a future "who has the lowest power/weight ratio" thread.

• Locked thread