Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
My old 1974 International Pickup was seemingly rather rare. The build sheet on it said it was number 25 of 29 and it was used in official IH literature about the 1974 trucks, but all in all a half-ton IH pickup wasn't terribly rare.

My 1970 Mercedes is one of 1,919,056 W114/5 chassis cars. Obviously not that rare at all in that regard but it is a coupe, specifically chassis code W114.023. There were only 10,527 of those made from 1969–1973. I guess ten-thousand cars sounds like a lot, but compared to 1.9 million it's really not, and in 1970 there were just 2425 W114.023 produced. Given that it has red paint, black interior, manual transmission, air conditioning and, stereo radio and crank windows, it's likely the only one like it.

My 1998 Integra Type-R is numbered 134, only 998 were made that year. In it's color, championship white, it's 1 of 1,318. In all years of production, it's 1 of 3823. Of the 3823 ever made ever; If you are looking for one that was never molested, never stolen, never turned into a track-rat race car, and still owned by the original purchaser? It might just be the only one left.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

leica posted:

Just wait a decade or so when all the little ricers form that period are going through a mid life crisis and you can let them fight over the ITR at auction. Then laugh all the way to the bank.

Somehow I think my money would have been better invested in a Roth IRA, but I can't drive a Roth IRA.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Rhyno posted:

I'll find out where you live eventually.

You can forget about using that plate. State gave me new ones, that's an old pic.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Powershift posted:

The nsx and euro accord and civic were all sold in lhd as acuras though.

I beleive that quite literally the only reason the ITR was sold in the US was because RealTime racing wanted a competitive car for SCCA World Challenge Championships. Enough were built in 1997 to meet the homologation rules. A number were peeled off the production line and sent to RealTime, the rest sold at dealerships. The car was enough of a hit that Honda/Acura did a second larger run in 1998. Then nothing in 1999, then back for both 2000 and 2001 in Yellow or Black only.

The car was more than just competitive, it was completely dominant for six years in a row. From 1997 to 2002, the Integra Type-R sat at the top spot of the podium in SCCA World Challenge (TC class), and by that point it was so saddled with extra ballast weight and increasingly smaller diameter intake restrictors that it basically fell off the face of the racing earth in 2003.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 20, 2014

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

blk posted:

Oh god I love the Impulse, please contact me if you ever want to sell it.

If you are seriously looking for an impulse, I know a guy trying to sell his.

• Locked thread