Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Bugdrvr posted:

I remember reading somewhere that some math smart guy said there was some ridiculous amount of option variables to order the 1957 Chevy in.
Just because you could order a bench seat with a floor shift, ashtray delete with some crazy color combination that no one else would think to do doesn't make it 'Super rare!! Only one of two in the world!!!' it just means someone had an idea of the perfect car that not many people agreed with. Same with any car that you can build to order. The other day I PDI'd a base 911 with some woodgrain, light grey lower and tan upper interior. It was also fitted with a Burmeister stereo, clear tail lights, PDK and PCCB brakes. It was way more expensive than a base Carrera S but was just optioned up with a weird list of stuff. It's not rare, just oddly optioned.

Even back in 1994 BMW made a point of noting that over the course of an entire year they only built 4 E36 convertibles in exactly the same spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

blk posted:

How do you guys like the Trollblazer? I've joked with the wife about picking one up for her so we can have two badge-engineered Saabs in the driveway. I'd also like a 9-4x, but they are impossible to find and possibly terrible.

I never knew they actually made a production 9-4x.

Didn't realize the 9-7x was so rare - there's one on the next street over from me, to go with my 9-2x Aero and another one (sadly AT) also in my neighborhood in DC.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Octopus Magic posted:

Probably under the Porsche 959 clause.

They're eligible for 'show and display' as long as you go for the LHD Opel version: http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/sdlist040109.pdf

• Locked thread