Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

revmoo posted:

Can we add a rule to this? No car that's worth less than 10k.

How do you quantify that? I bought my car for under 10k but running condition are generally worth more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There were 2,854 Bricklins built and around 1,100 or so left. 780 of those were built in '74, which is the year I own. For what it's worth.

I assume this thread is talking about AI posters as opposed to AI poster's parent's uncle's friend's former college roommate.

BoostCreep fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 9, 2014

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tommychu posted:

So do they just put it in the glove box or... :wtc:

Seriously what the hell part of the car is 'horse cock' supposed to refer to?

The shift knob, obviously. Just google "1g horse cock".

On second thought, don't do that.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So this thread has devolved into "who has a car that some other people might not have". Basically we will never be able to decide who has the "rarest" car unless very real rules are set in place.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd go with something like this, in order of importance.

1. Number of cars originally manufactured globally.
2. Number of cars remaining globally.
3. Truly weird or rare factory/dealer options like those crazy Harlequin VW Golfs or the 3000GT Spyder convertible.
4. Special editions or truly rare packages, like Numbered Limited Editions such as the Cosworth Vega or the Galant VR-4.
5. Limited runs of mass produced cars with optional engine or appearance packages, like the SS Cobalt in the OP.

Things that do not count:

"Toyota made a billion trillion Centuries for the rest of the world, but I have the only one in the US according to my cousin's friend who works at the shipping yard downtown."
"I own 1 of 12 brown 2003 Toyota Corollas that came with a manual transmission that has a factory tachometer, power passenger mirror, 14" wheels, red badges, and side impact air bags. It's like totally rare."
"Do parents cars count? My dad had a....."

So, for example, you may have 1 of 51 Porsches with a limited edition engine package, which is cool, but the Tucker is rarer since there were 51 of them in total ever made.

BoostCreep fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 13, 2014

• Locked thread