Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
My Range Rover Classic is a GDE, #101 of 409. The Great Divide Edition was a limited edition they built after Land Rover did their Great Divide Expedition in 1989.

For some reason the GDE Rangies seem to be more highly sought after than any other RRC of that era. They have a special bronze plaque in the door jamb, a slightly different interior, and a couple minor external mods for 'offroading'. They were 1990 models sold as 1991s. Mine was built in May of '90.

Video about the Expedition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsOC-URG4oE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

PhoenixWing posted:

I own an '89 Pulsar NX Sportbak. The car itself wasn't that uncommon originally, but, you could order it with a special hatch that would change it from the standard notchback style to a shooting brake. As far as I know only a couple thousand were ever sold as they were nearly $1500 on top of the asking price.

Never seen another one around before either, with or without the canopy hatch. Most seemed to have vanished or ended up in the junkyard.

I wanted one of these so bad when they came out. I thought that hatch was pretty drat sweet. I saw one in a local junkyard a couple years ago and it had the hatch. I stopped and checked it out for a while. Meanwhile my wife is standing there saying "It's ugly. What do you see in that?" I told her "Are we looking at the same car? It's awesome!" Too bad it had major front end damage. I should have just bought the hatch and found a decent Pulsar without it.

And, yes, my wife accompanies me to junk yards. She loves those places even if she doesn't know the occasional cool car when she sees it. She's a big help when tearing into a car for that part I need to get one of my vehicles running again.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

Kill-9 posted:

And, yes, my wife accompanies me to junk yards.

bandman posted:

Rarest thing posted so far in this thread.

Thanks.
She is a good one. Drives a Golf R, accompanies me to every car show, loves Top Gear, and has her own mechanics overalls for crawling under our cars to help out. I'm not trading in this rare model any time soon.

• Locked thread