Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I guess I'm a sucker for rare-ish stuff. My last car was a 2009 G8 GXP; about 1829 total cars were built, of which only ~800 of the 1800 or so were manual, and then once you got down to options it was one of 42 or so (a common configuration relatively speaking. There's a couple GXP option combinations that are single digit numbers.)

While we had the GXP we also had a 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, of which only 600 were imported in 2006. My wife totaled it last fall and I replaced it with another odd duck, a 2008 Saab 9-7x Aero, which is a somewhat de-Chevyified Trailblazer SS with a nicer interior but keeping the LS2. Only 500 9-7x Aeros were produced in 2008, and between '08 and '09 only something like ~621 total were built before things went south.

Now I drive an '05 E55 AMG which ironically is the most "common" of all these cars (at ~2200 produced in 2005 and less than 8,000 over the 2003-2006 run) and my wife has the Aero. Pretty happy with both actually. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

13 INCH DICK posted:

Think he's talking about one of the options on the right over there.

Corinth is famous for its leather!

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Modus Man posted:

2009 Saab 9-7X Aero. 126 were built in 2009. 526 were built in it's entire production run. Fortunately, i'ts powered by an LS2 which is easy to get parts for!

Sup 9-7x Aero buddy? AI owns 1/300th or so of these trucks. I think final product was 500 in 2008 and 121 in 2009 - 100 black, and 21 in silver. So if your truck's silver you have the rarest baby of Moraine, Ohio.

Fucknag posted:

I've occasionally heard that referred to as the Trollblazer and I refuse to call it anything else.

Trollhattan? Yes. Troll? Definitely. There's some kid that lives in the next neighborhood over in a very loud RX-7 that now casts hateful glares at the Trollblazer whenever I stumble on him because we have found out numerous times he's definitely slower than it. Troll indeed!

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Modus Man posted:

Ah my numbers were a little off but yeah still rare. Unfortunately mine is not one of the 20 something diamond silver, I think they look real nice. Does yours have a crippled transmission or stabilitrak issues like everyone else?(yes and yes for mine) I wonder how many are still actually on the road. They are only 5 or 6 years old but I am sure a few have been scrapped already due those two issues and their low residual value.

Nope and nope, mine's fine other than a droopy rear left airbag and probably needing sway bar bushings. It got mad and disabled Stabilitrak once but $3 in brake fluid fixed that issue. Transmission shifts solidly. I was thinking about adding power to it (which would likely necessitate transmission service down the road) but I don't think my wife likes it enough to put pointless money into it. We will see! Last year I got her to drag race the Cayenne but I don't think she will race this thing.

blk posted:

How do you guys like the Trollblazer? I've joked with the wife about picking one up for her so we can have two badge-engineered Saabs in the driveway. I'd also like a 9-4x, but they are impossible to find and possibly terrible.

I like it a lot. As a body on frame SUV goes it rides well and has more than decent get-up-and-go. The 4 speed's not quite as awesome as a 6l80e would have been but whatever. The 9-7s came in 3 flavors, lovely 4.2 Atlas I6 that nobody should own, respectable 5.3, and the slightly more ballsy LS2 6.0. A guy I know bought a 5.3 recently for like $6k and is going to Ebay turbo the fucker because why not. I recommend you do the same? Their interiors (while not amazing) are significantly better than a Trailblazer and the trucks are cheaper to boot. Something to be said for that.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 14, 2014

• Locked thread