Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm confused as to why Sam would create a media circus when jason collins already got minutes this year and the core temperature of the earth didn't explode

ain't like basketball doesn't have alpha males

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah there's no way 49ers are keeping Boldin/Crabtree after this year

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Boldin maybe, but yeah. Kinda doubt it. I'm actually starting to think several players are going on the trading block after camp.
Boldin's salary jumps from 500k to 5.5m, he seems like a natural cut. The 49ers have to pay Kaepernick and I think adding two younger WRs cements their direction going forward.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"You really have to feel bad for AJ McCarron" - todd mcshay

no. no I dont

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tom Savage really is the Ryan Nassib of this draft

he's such a 2013 Draft QB it's uncanny

hype for days and then pppphhhhhbbbtttt

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bengals tiiiime

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I want to believe the actual reason McCarron is falling is because the Oklahoma game exposed him as a QB who will take too many unnecessary risks at the NFL level and doesn't have the physical traits or the intelligence to compensate for it

The draftniks keep going "he doesn't do anything badly, he's a game manager", he's really not a game manager if you watch that game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope they show William's baller stiffarm

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Andre Williams

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A possible 3rd for Bryce Brown??? holy gently caress bills you're so stupid

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Just so i'm not sas flowcharting it, I loved Bryce in 2012, in 2013 he lost his timeshare to chris polk and his YPC really dropped off until he had the one single 70 yard carry against the Bears

He has great speed for his size but concentration lapses as a pass catcher and obviously the fumble problems, plus he runs too laterally for a combo back, he should really be a one cut runner but instead he dances along the line

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ozu posted:

I like the Evans pick a lot actually. Stephen Hill getting cut y'all.
If Mornhinweg has input on the picks he usually finds good guys for his system, Shaq has a really low ceiling and dropsies but could eventually be a Cotchery-type player

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Man KaDeem Carey really fell off

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fuuuuuck the Steelers got a great project guy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ozu posted:

Martavis Bryant is literally Stephen Hill.
Except he's not a 2nd round pick lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Atticus Finch posted:

That's 6 QBs? The Brady Six...
Really? That's a shame, I was hoping Houston would pick 6

It'd be so fitting

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dont forget the NFL sent a green room invite to McCarron

Imagine if he was there, in that green room, thursday night, friday night, all of today

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

quack quack to KC

mcmagic posted:

Idzik drafted two WR's with zero upside over Martaviois Bryant. Clueless.
Bryant is a complete project

Shaq I think has the chance to be a #2 in the league

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Browns are fine, the Burleson injury won't actually cause him to miss games, just camp, still got Cameron, got Benjamin, added Hawkins from the Bengals, very mediocre group but they got nothing on St. Louis when it comes to lovely receivers

Still wonder if a trade will happen for a WR over the next couple of months, or if they'll wait for June cuts, some teams have ended up with some gluts at receiver

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MonsterWalk posted:

shut the gently caress up.
Rude

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

for the browns, as much as he sucks sucks sucks, stephen hill has the size/speed to fit johnny football and he probably gets cut with the Jets' additions. he SUUUUUUCKS

brandon lloyd probably doesn't make day 1 roster for SF, that's a possible june cut

Giants' drafting ODB says they dont consider reuben randle their guy going forward, that's another possibility

Harry Douglas of the falcons had a career year, he'll never match those numbers, Falcons have Julio and Roddy, would be a good time to sell high in a trade

just some options

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hahahaha the rutgers QB not even the Patriots wanted

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why are you guys acting like Savage will actually start?
Because he will

that's probably the main reason

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gosh who will start, Tom Savage, proven poo poo player Case Keenum, or perennial journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick, what a tough call

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i hope McCarron is still on the board in the 7th

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

oh nice just found out about the bryce brown trade. I hope chip understands that guys in the nfl are not only fast, but also super huge and you can't just go all in on speed alone.
I'm confused by this post because bryce brown was a 7th rd pick so it's not like chip spent a high pick on him

Vintimus Prime posted:

Surprised McCarron is still on the board.
I'm not

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Azhais posted:

So what kind of fetish is a "pamphile"?
masturbates to The Office

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bill o Brien comes from the Bill Belichik school of :geno: answers to questions

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dusseldorf posted:

Ok, so it has been official for a while that McCarrion is on the board when John David Booty was already picked.

How can you be a shittier game manager than John David Booty?
He's not a game manager

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bill o Brien just implied a good QB should be articulate lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dusseldorf posted:

He is a dude who can perform decently well on a team surrounded by absurd talent.
He is a dude who had an offense tailored away from him because of his deficiencies, relying on a running game behind a monster line and keeping his pass attempts down

when Oklahoma put pressure on McCarron to actually take over the game, he showed his true colors as an overly aggressive passer, except that he doesn't have the physical traits, the pocket awareness, and the intelligence to pull it off

People call McCarron a game manager because he is physically average-to-mediocre, but true game managers like chad pennington had good talent and high football intelligence

I've tried to think of qbs that looked like game managers in college but went on to try to play over their head as aggressive slingers in the pros and failed spectacularly, but I'm blanking. I mean I'm not thinking of successful ones either. mike kafka comes to mind as a prospect who was touted for his smarts and protecting the football but when he came into the NFL, he didn't show that at all. Geno Smith is another QB who protected the football in college, threw it away, got rid of the ball under duress, looked like a game manager, but came into the NFL and threw 21 interceptions this year, forced many throws

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 10, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shut up about bloodlines

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Good backup but Basil will hate this pick because it implies Alex Smith will be a long-term starter in KC

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

AHAHAHA BENGALS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Poonerman posted:

he's a winner when surrounded by ridiculous talent
Well he is surrounded by AJ Green, Tyler Eifert and Gio Bernard

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MourningView posted:

AJ McCarron was a good college player who was wildly overrated by the general public and gets wildly underrated here as a result. He was way better than the typical Alabama caretaker QB. He can be a decent backup.
Both McCarron and Murray are long-term backups basically, though I think its funny that fans of both teams actually think either is going to start this year

Their selections in the 5th round cement Dalton and Smith in Cincinatti and KC for the next 5 years

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean it's practically collusion between the two teams, considering both their QBs need a long term deal, both their fanbases are breathing down their necks wanting a new starter, neither team wants a new starter, both QBs will have similar contract extensions in the $15M/yr range

And now they pick, one after the other, backup QBs to cement their starters in place

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chip keeps spinning in his chair lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Abbrecadabra goes to GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MourningView posted:

You would think after AJ Feeley teams would stop falling for that.
Or Kolb

• Locked thread