Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Houston Texans

Failed to adequately address the quarterback position causing Andre Johnson to say he might want out, F (a million minuses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

Houston Texans

Failed to adequately address the quarterback position causing Andre Johnson to say he might want out, F (a million minuses)

However they got the kicker who did this.

EDIT: Yes, UDFA, but still. look at that loving onside kick.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intruder posted:

Houston Texans

Hey, Andre, come home to Miami.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Intruder posted:

Houston Texans

Lol Houston sports radio calling an Andre Johnson trade a win-win situation for both parties, especially if they can get a 3rd

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Hey, Andre, come home to Miami.

If you're disillusioned about playing for a franchise you don't believe in, I'm not sure Miami is the answer.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Intruder posted:

Houston Texans

Didn't get JFF or Carr, wasted Andre's prime for his entire career, F.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I doubt 'Dre wants to lose to the Texans so he should steer clear of Miami.

Please come to Miami.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

b0ng posted:

However they got the kicker who did this.

EDIT: Yes, UDFA, but still. look at that loving onside kick.

We got a Rice player? Gross.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

Kalli posted:

From guys mentioned this weekend: Vontaze Burflict, Elvis Dumervil, Anquan Boldin and Zack Miller all came up

And this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-LYiGZJ6lQ

Chad Johnson too, ran a slower 40 than some of the linemen.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I love the Abbrederis and Clinton-Dix picks by Green Bay. I don't really know poo poo about any of the other players.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

excidium posted:

One thing I did pick up on after watching some more tape is that Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning are going to own Ford with the hard count if he doesn't work on his snap discipline some. I saw multiple offsides penalties trying to get that extra step out of the gate, but those experienced guys will wreck him if he doesn't clean that up.

Do they play the cowboys this year? Romo hard counts are so good his OL and center often get fooled.

Vaya con Dios!!!
Aug 14, 2006

bhsman posted:

We got Andre Hal in the 7th? Hm, well, he's OK I guess. It's not like Indianapolis spent a high pick drafting a guy he shut down or anything.

Reading that article is like seeing a diagram of every football fan's rationalizations ever made. Dude could be good, but I thought it was funny how it starts off with "He's smarter than everyone!" and finally got to the point of "Ok so he is slow and small, literally cannot tackle at all (shows a clip of Hal getting bowled over by a QB, hesitating on runs, avoiding contact), has terrible ball skills (shows a clip of dude dropping like 15 easy interceptions), gets beat deep trying to cheat routes... etc etc, BUT HE'S SO AMAZE! His ceiling seems pretty evident.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Romo hard counts are so good his OL and center often get fooled.

holy cow

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Ehud posted:

I mean, it probably helps to have good human beings with leadership qualities on your team, but on the other hand I've given up on trying to make whatever point I set out to make when I started this sentence.

Tim Ruskell tried the LEADERS strategy in Seattle. It was not a good strategy.

Draft the best athletes you can find all the time.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Vaya con Dios!!! posted:

Reading that article is like seeing a diagram of every football fan's rationalizations ever made. Dude could be good, but I thought it was funny how it starts off with "He's smarter than everyone!" and finally got to the point of "Ok so he is slow and small, literally cannot tackle at all (shows a clip of Hal getting bowled over by a QB, hesitating on runs, avoiding contact), has terrible ball skills (shows a clip of dude dropping like 15 easy interceptions), gets beat deep trying to cheat routes... etc etc, BUT HE'S SO AMAZE! His ceiling seems pretty evident.

While I agree with you about Hal as a player, the article was written long before the draft

flipstyle
Dec 10, 2003
Tastes like burning
Dallas Cowboys - Overall Grade: B

1.16 - Zack Martin, OL - A+

Dallas was about to pick Shazier when Pittsburgh took him at 15. Instead of taking Manziel, who they had a high grade on, they went with the best player that could help the team. OL wasn't a need position but they didn't like the remaining defensive players more than Martin. He was considered one of the "cleanest" prospects in the entire draft. Martin can move to RT if/when they move on from Free. He should start at one of the guard spots. The offensive line was one of the top units last season and should be even better this season.

2.34 - Demarcus Lawrence, DE - B-

The Cowboys biggest need was to find a weak side edge rusher. Dallas had Clowney, Barr, and Lawrence as the top pass rushers in the draft. They felt the drop to the next tier was so much they made a trade to make sure they got their guy. It was a steep price to pay because they had to give up their 2nd and 3rd round picks. Lawrence has a good first step and has long arms to help him get to the passer. He also wins with speed. He might not start immediately but Marinelli has said they already have packages for him on 2nd and 3rd downs.

4.119 - Anthony Hitchens, MLB - C+

One of the objectives Dallas had coming was to add depth to the defense. We were decimated by injuries last year and we were bringing guys off the street to play. Hitchens becomes the primary backup to Lee. He's an immediate upgrade to the position. He was a very productive player at Iowa. Dallas likes his speed, his hard hitting, and ability to make plays. Hitchens should be a good special teams player and may start if Lee can't stay healthy. Dallas had a 4th round grade on him so they took him. Some felt he would have been available later in the draft so I can't give this a high grade.

5.146 - Devin Street, WR - B

This years draft had a lot of depth at WR. Dallas had a 3rd round grade on Street so they felt fine trading one of their 7th round picks with their 5th to move up and take their guy. At 6'3 he fits the size Dallas is looking for in their receivers. One of his strengths is that Pitt ran a pro style offense so he already has experience and has above average route running abilities. This allows him to play outside and still be a force in the slot. Street should win the 3rd WR spot away from Beasley and will give Dallas more options in the passing game.

7.231 - Ben Gardner, DE - C

Dallas likes Gardner's relentless motor and he was a captain at Stanford. Gardner fell a bit because of injury. He has really explosive numbers for a guy his size (39 1/2 vertical leap). He's exactly what you want in the 7th with his physical abilities. Could become a nice backup LE and 3-tech DT. Will probably start on the practice squad.

7.238 - Will Smith, LB - C-

Smith is another guy who adds depth/competition to the LB spot. He fits as a Will LB and will look to make his name on special teams. Might be a practice squad candidate.

7.248 - Ahmad Dixon, S - B-

There's no secret the safety position has been a need for Dallas since Woodson retired. Dixon isn't expected to start but he is another hard hitter that Dallas expects to become a good special teams player. I think he will make the 53.

7.251 - Ken Bishop, DT - B-

I really like this pick. Hayden was a nice find by the scouting staff but he was the least consistent lineman last season. The 1-tech needed to be upgraded. Dallas signed McClain in the off season but he hasn't played very many snaps the past two seasons. Bishop looks perfect for the 1-tech in the Tampa 2. He has enough strength to take on double teams but still has the ability to push the pocket. I don't know if he wins the starting job but I think he will be the primary backup.

7.254 - Terrance Mitchell, CB - C-

Dallas has 3 man corners that are trying to convert to an off man scheme. I think Marinelli will employ more man coverage but they will still have to play some zone. Dallas selected Mitchell because he has great short area abilities which is perfect for playing off man. I think he competes with Webb for the final CB spot.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I wanted Zach Martin or Aaron Donald so badly. The Cowboys are going to have one of the best o-lines in the league very soon and this pisses me off to no end.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

I wanted Zach Martin or Aaron Donald so badly. The Cowboys are going to have one of the best o-lines in the league very soon and this pisses me off to no end.

This is pretty much the only thing that will prevent Romo becoming a paraplegic in the forseeable future

flipstyle
Dec 10, 2003
Tastes like burning

Doltos posted:

We're going to need it since we play the NFC West this season and we get face Watt and Clowney when Houston comes to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Intruder posted:

CJ Fiedorowicz, like fellow Iowa alum Ricky Stanzi, loves America

I knew this name sounded familiar, this dude is from Johnsburg, IL he was in the papers every week gently caress Johnsburg

• Locked thread