Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They traded back a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens Reaction

1-17 C.J. Mosely, LB, Alabama

Never draft an Alabama defender. Especially don't draft an Alabama defender whose skill set is identical to a player you already have on the roster. Absolutely should have traded back in this spot.
D

2-48 Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU

Definitely had bigger needs but it's hard to argue against the value of this pick. My only major concern here is that he may not be a natural scheme fit and that the line is now loaded with young potential so someone's reps and development are going to suffer.
B

3-79 Terrance Brooks, FS, FSU

Big need, by far the best player on the board at this position, and probably someone who should have been taken 10 picks earlier. The only problem here is that Brooks' opportunity cost was a good WR or RB and this makes the second draft in a row that the Ravens have gone DL, S, and MLB in the first three picks.
A-

3-99 Crocket Gillmore, TE, Colorado St

Blocking TE that was way over drafted. Guy would have been available at the end of the fourth almost certainly. Reminds me a lot of the over draft of FB Kyle Juzzyck last year. Gillmore should be equally useless as a weapon but at least he can block.
D+

4-134 Brent Urban, DE, Virginia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9HV5O8Un6k
F-

4-138 Lorenzo Taliaferro, RB, Coastal Carolina

Blocking Running Back. A need but the player is way over drafted. Another guy that should have been there two rounds later. You'd think instead of drafting two glorified fullbacks we would take the RT we needed. You would be wrong. But how could you have knowm? You couldn't. You are not the grand sage, the unimaginable genius, that is Ozzie Newsome.
D

5-175 John Urscel, G, Penn State

Finally O-line. Too bad it's the 5th round, the wrong position, and there were better players on the board. Still probably a good depth signing or someone to eventually challenge for C since Zutah is seen as fairly meh.
C

6-194 Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

We needed someone to replace Tyrod and this is technically someone.
C+

7-218 Michael Campanero, WR, Wake Forest

Trade up for next year's 6th so he is a essentially a 6th round pick. Has the skill set to develop into a solid West Coast possession receiver though ironically his route running is currently really raw. First Ravens fan to go to the team as a draft pick. Considering the late round this is well worth whatever bust potential Campanero has.
B

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 11, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I would do ugly, ugly to make that Ravens/Rams trade have gone through.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

Feel free not to grade, but the ones you see shouldn't be interpreted as grades of the players; instead they're representative of how that person feels about the pick.

Exactly. Brent Urban is a really good scheme fit and works well as someone who could grow into Canty's role as he drifts out of the league or he could be garbage. Regardless of all that I felt the foundations of my mind cracking when the Ravens drafted another loving linemen. Thus:

F-

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Roasted Donut posted:

i think the jags quietly had one of the best drafts outside of lol bortles at #3 overall

I wouldn't even call it quiet. The Jags 2014 draft is like the valedictorian who died in a drunk driving crash just after graduation. So beautiful and filled with potential yet already lost to this world. You will be greatly mourned Jaguars rounds 2-7.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Asproigerosis posted:

Eagles

Marcus Smith

F-

What about Jordan Matthews?

F+

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
In my mind the Rams and Vikings have had two back to back amazing drafts. Landing Bridgewater and a pass rush could lead to Minnesota becoming immediate contenders.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think it was frequent injuries originally but then the Cowboys just lost faith in him and gave him no snaps.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

bhsman posted:

We needed a 'Y' Tight End and Fiedorowicz is the #1 blocking TE in the draft and had a 2nd-3rd round grade, so the reality of the situation is exactly the opposite of what you're saying here. :v:

I'm talking about projection, not production, especially considering that Iowa has a very conservative, run-based offense. Look at CJ's measureables and compare them to ASJ's and you'll see what I'm talking about.

CJ is not a bad prospect and probably fine to draft in the early 3rd but he is nothing like Jenkins and the comparison is silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

bhsman posted:

They're both 6'5", 260+ pounds, and run in the 4.7 range, et cetera. What's silly about the comparison?

ASJ is faster than that but was dealing with the foot injury the past few months. His production was also pretty impressive in 2012 and I believe in him more as a pass catcher, particularly in the Red Zone. Jenekins has an incredibly low drop rate for a TE. Fiedorowicz is a more typical blocking TE with a whole lot less in terms of athleticism. I think his vert was something like 30 at the combine.

They are physically similar but I'd say that ASJ is a lot less raw as a pass catcher. It's sort of like difference between Cam Newton and Logan Thomas but a much less significant gap.

• Locked thread