Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Hi, my name is Dan and I am a biek-a-holic.

You might remember me from such films as

Burnout Empire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SozFqgYXxSY

and

But First, Let Me Do A Stoppie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0HAOcRcogU

However, it has been a long, arduous road to get to this point.

From my first set of protective equipment

and the first bike

and the second bike

and the third bike

and the fourth bike

and the fifth bike

[not pictured, maxim xj1100]

and the 6th bike and first dirt bike

and the seventh bike

and the eight bike

[not pictured, cr250]

I did sell the GS850 which is a plus but I am still left with

god damnit i own a lot of lovely bieks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
Dan, Layer Dan?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What message would you impart upon the CA peoples?

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Pope Mobile posted:

What message would you impart upon the CA peoples?

The message I get is that cheap bikes are the best bikes.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
No amount of lovely bikes will fill your empty withered husk of a soul in any meaningful way

but god drat it will fill up a garage

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Not pictured: the array of helmets to fit EX250's unbelievably square head

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I know what you're going through, except I have no garage. The Ulysses, R1150R, DT175, XL175, and XS750 are all distributed between 3 different friends' garages/carports.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I asked EX250 how many bikes his wife set the limit at and he said "4".

LOL

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

nsaP posted:

I asked EX250 how many bikes his wife set the limit at and he said "4".

LOL

Clearly the answer is polygamy :smuggo:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
What about the go-carts and ATVs?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Snowdens Secret posted:

What about the go-carts and ATVs?

He lives in a redneck barter economy where he trades guns and snowmobiles for bikes and ambien, he traded the carts for the yz85 iirc.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Ya traded the carts away and the kid sold all three for 150 a pop lol

And the bike limit is four, the old lady just never learned to count. Same reason I have an 8 inch dick

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 388 days!
drat man that yamaha is pretty cool, I didn't know they made any bikes based off a pallet jack

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i have scientifically determined that this is the best thread in CA

hopefully it'll be appreciated enough to not just lock everything else

like i legitimately hope that because one time i locked every thread on the first page of dorkroom and it took nearly ten minutes

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

hey this is a p good thread

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Traded the kx85 for motherfuckin quadzilla:

Fixed my CR250

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CECBX4wgWhA

Then it broke and im still fixing it

and I guess my 9th bike

It snows sunday so no more bikes until spring but I can still get my fix

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Finally, great art is appreciated

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

EX250 Type R posted:

Traded the kx85 for motherfuckin quadzilla:

every single time i hear sirens here around dusk and turn my radio on to see what's up, it's some dumbass who blasted across a street that intersects a trail without looking and got their poo poo wrecked up like an idiot

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

CreppyMonkey posted:

i have scientifically determined that this is the best thread in CA

hopefully it'll be appreciated enough to not just lock everything else

like i legitimately hope that because one time i locked every thread on the first page of dorkroom and it took nearly ten minutes

Creationism isn't science.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I have one bike. :)

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
buy my vfr

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nitramster posted:

buy my vfr

No

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I was talking to type R but you're right 96 is too new for him anyway.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

All of my bikes with one exception are newer than 96 so suck it

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1SUwIem36g

Last ride of the season yesterday

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What is this "riding season" of which you speak?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Pope Mobile posted:

What is this "riding season" of which you speak?

I don't know, 360 days of riding here.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

its the time of the year where it is very dark and very cold and not just because im piss drunk and sleeping in a snow bank

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

EX250 Type R posted:

Last ride of the season yesterday

Stud that bitch up

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

And blew, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came!
Winter is good because it means I finally catch up on all that stuff I want to do my my bikes but never get around to because I don't want to pull the bike off the road.

At least that's what I tell myself

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I kind of like riding in the rain. The nice thing about this area is that when it gets really cold (or at least below freezing), it generally dries up. So it's super cold, but not icy. I am not going to ride in the ice and snow, but the rain and the cold aren't that bad.

MOAR RIDING.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I just picked up some fly racing battery heated gloves, holy poo poo what an amazing invention - definitely riding on every day there's no snow…

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Lynza posted:

I kind of like riding in the rain. The nice thing about this area is that when it gets really cold (or at least below freezing), it generally dries up. So it's super cold, but not icy. I am not going to ride in the ice and snow, but the rain and the cold aren't that bad.

MOAR RIDING.

I'd like to ride on rainy days, but currently my only jacket is perforated leather and that's not going to cut it for Portland-area rain once it gets going. Once I get the scratch together for a decent waterproof one piece commuting suit, I'll probably commute by bike almost the whole year.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

rut roh shaggy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmxUgyIKYjg

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I was surprised to find this still "alive" so I guess it is time to start using it.

Quick run down of the past two months:

Found out there is a mini super moto race track in Maine Read about it here in Supermoto Racer Magazine's Sept 2014 article

This track runs a lot of mini races and has a class that is XR100 specific.

I made plans to race my xr100 and began a slow process to gearing up myself and prepping the bike

At this point I have purchased/modified/installed/[appropriate verb here] the following:

New brake pads, 420 chain and sprockets (instead of heavier 428), new carb (was supposed to be a larger carb but its the same model as stock), new rear spring, and tools like a spring compressor and an adjustable flywheel pin wrench.

Then I was like hey I wonder what is on craiglist and I found nearly a whole bike except an engine for nearly nothing. So I snatched it up. Lots and lots of brand new parts still in the plastic baggies. The frame is in excellent condition and everything was surprising more complete than I would have expected.

That was on a tuesday.

Wednesday I looked on craigslist again.

I don't know who this craig guy thinks he is making these lists but he is a real jerk

So Wednesday I trade my LT500r Quadziller for a complete bike in some how worse condition than the box of parts bike I bought the night before.

I have begun removing parts and what not for replacement and/or cleaning. I ordered a compression tester but it didnt have a small enough adapter so I can't compression test until Thursday to check this latest engine. That engine, a 2002, will be going into the parts frame, a 2000, since that frame is in much better overall condition and isnt abused and spray painted and hosed up in general.

The shifter shaft oil seal is leaking on the 2002 engine and it looks like the shifter shaft might have a bend to it. I am still investigating the issue. I have several replacement seals on the way and I am nearly sufficently mentally prepared to split the cases and do the needful.

Also going to check the valves on both engines when I remember where I put the gauges.

I have two complete rear 16" wheels and one 16" front. I have a 16" rear with a kawi hub and a spare 19" front with a proper hub. I am going to attempt to remove the rear hub and install the front hub, relace, true, balance, etc.

So the deadline is May 10th right now. That is the first race at least. Gear wise I am all set. I used this as an excuse to get a 1pc leather suit but I am otherwise all set. I want to have both bikes ready to race so I can con someone into racing with me but all I really need is one for myself.

This is my goal.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

EX250 Type R posted:

I was surprised to find this still "alive" so I guess it is time to start using it.

Quick run down of the past two months:

Found out there is a mini super moto race track in Maine Read about it here in Supermoto Racer Magazine's Sept 2014 article

This track runs a lot of mini races and has a class that is XR100 specific.

I made plans to race my xr100 and began a slow process to gearing up myself and prepping the bike

At this point I have purchased/modified/installed/[appropriate verb here] the following:

New brake pads, 420 chain and sprockets (instead of heavier 428), new carb (was supposed to be a larger carb but its the same model as stock), new rear spring, and tools like a spring compressor and an adjustable flywheel pin wrench.

Then I was like hey I wonder what is on craiglist and I found nearly a whole bike except an engine for nearly nothing. So I snatched it up. Lots and lots of brand new parts still in the plastic baggies. The frame is in excellent condition and everything was surprising more complete than I would have expected.

That was on a tuesday.

Wednesday I looked on craigslist again.

I don't know who this craig guy thinks he is making these lists but he is a real jerk

So Wednesday I trade my LT500r Quadziller for a complete bike in some how worse condition than the box of parts bike I bought the night before.

I have begun removing parts and what not for replacement and/or cleaning. I ordered a compression tester but it didnt have a small enough adapter so I can't compression test until Thursday to check this latest engine. That engine, a 2002, will be going into the parts frame, a 2000, since that frame is in much better overall condition and isnt abused and spray painted and hosed up in general.

The shifter shaft oil seal is leaking on the 2002 engine and it looks like the shifter shaft might have a bend to it. I am still investigating the issue. I have several replacement seals on the way and I am nearly sufficently mentally prepared to split the cases and do the needful.

Also going to check the valves on both engines when I remember where I put the gauges.

I have two complete rear 16" wheels and one 16" front. I have a 16" rear with a kawi hub and a spare 19" front with a proper hub. I am going to attempt to remove the rear hub and install the front hub, relace, true, balance, etc.

So the deadline is May 10th right now. That is the first race at least. Gear wise I am all set. I used this as an excuse to get a 1pc leather suit but I am otherwise all set. I want to have both bikes ready to race so I can con someone into racing with me but all I really need is one for myself.

This is my goal.

Show us a picture of where of where you're at now?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

builds character posted:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=295123&highlight=setup

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

builds character posted:

Show us the pic of the bike in the basement the wife failed to notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

"Wow, the furnace really smells like oil today," she commented out loud as she walked obliviously between the furnace and a motorcycle.

• Locked thread