Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I loved last season's Vanessa flashback ep. This one did not disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Sober posted:

I get why Vanessa probably didn't take the WMD spellbook with her, but did she really have to leave behind that sweet tin case that housed the tarot cards?

Did she or didn't she take the book? I assumed it was a Chekov's Gun situation where they wouldn't even introduce it if she wasn't going to eventually use it before the season's out.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

That scene can definitely be read both ways, whether it was small-town superstition or Poole directly influencing their emotions.

Although they did establish earlier in the same episode that Poole can coerce people to do things with magic. She almost made Patti cross the threshold with her voice.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

As fantastical as this show is, the most unbelievable thing in this episode was the assertion that Billie Piper's bust is larger than Eva Green's.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

Pretty sure the whole point of Angelique is to shock/disturb viewers. The show is called Penny Dreadful, after all.

I HIGHLY doubt this. More likely it's a chance to shine a spotlight and normalize what would be considered an unconventional relationship. The show's creator/head writer is gay, after all, and has done a bunch of interviews on how dealing with his own sexuality has influenced him creatively.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

The fact that Eva Green gets her own episode every season is my favorite recurring tradition.

The acting on the show in general is pretty good, but I love that they recognized Green will always loving go for it and just give her the hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

You're fine skipping any scene Eva Green is not in for the entire series.

• Locked thread