Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Szurumbur posted:

Once again, lovely/incompetent/uneven Polish translation, this time in Injustics: Gods Amongst Us - there'll be spoilers for the story mode. The very first scene, during the Superman/Joker exchange: Joker's line are all translated into a kind of a slang language, which might make a bit of sense, I guess - but so are Superman's, which is just silly. Also, Joker calls Batman "copybat", which is translated as "psychobat".

Later on, the heroes destroy Watchtower, which is an important structure. Luthor observes the explosion and asks his suit's AI "Watchtower?"-"That's right/Affirmative (or something to that effect)". The translated version is "What about Watchtower?"-"That's right.", which is a translation that must have been made without knowing the context of the scene. Not to mention that a little earlier "Twelve seconds" was translated as "Thirteen seconds".

Oh yes. This applies to translations in general but especially for games, as there are often lines translated without context and even then, badly.

So for example in Prince of Persia Sands of Time, as the princess goes "Hey check this out!" and proceeds to show the prince some sick parkour moves, in Czech it was: "Hey go inspect this from the outside"

Other things like "Face off" being translated as "Without face"

The banter in Gears of War stopped making sense when they used any slang.

And I remember some strategy game where I was convinced the "translator" was just straight up loving with everyone. Objectives urged me to do things not possible in the game, and there was a sentence or two where they just straight gave up midway.

"Go to enemy base and"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Szurumbur posted:

It certainly does, but if they want to take such liberties, they should have also dubbed the game:)

You guys still do that "one guy dubs over the entire movie in a monotone voice" thing? Because that's the most hilarious thing and if you did that with games, I'd be fluent in Polish in no time.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Dream sequences in Baldur's Gate 2

Baldur's Gate in general had some pretty good writing (up until the Throne of Bhaal) for a high fantasy RPG. But those dream sequences took the proverbial dead horse and drove it home where they have beaten it until it was run to the ground.
Not only it was a boring text dump, but when Irenicus goes on to "show" you your potential, it's just tiny little sprites falling over or something. It's like when your 5 year old cousin wants to tell you about the awesome movie they saw, using explosion sound effects exclusively.

To be fair tho, by the end of the game I was out for revenge for those cutscenes alone. I became the lord of murder just because of some elf mage sperging about gods in my dreams. gently caress Imoen.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I merged into one of the other dreams towards the end there, but my point stands - those dreams kick arse.

I'm so sorry.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I've spent more time reading about how hm1 & 2 suck itt, than playing both to completion.

What I'm saying is enemies in this thread have terrible AI

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

A major thing dragging games down is the lack of cheat codes. Now it's dlc

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Alouicious posted:

pros: good graphics, solid gameplay, enjoyable writing

cons: doesn't remind me of when i was 12

4/10

In two sentences explain why I shouldnt be able to spawn a tank in my rpgs

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

David Cage is the thing dragging his games down.

There are two (three?) attempted rape scenes in Beyond Two Souls. All of those have no impact on the story whatsoever. None. This man felt it's necessary for a story about a girl modelled and mocapped by Ellen Page and her ghost protector to include two rape scenes which are then immediatelly followed by another scene where she's six (due to his clever nonlinear narrative). And I'm not being sensationalist here, it's not implied, it's full blown sexual assault.

You help give birth to a baby via QTEs.

But hell maybe he was just trying something new, what about Heavy Rain, his previous game? Explicit rape attempt but don't worry it's just a bad dream! Random rape guys lol what a dream! No it also has nothing to do with the story.

You will have to strip at a gunpoint tho. You're playing as a woman remember?

What about a bad sex scene in a very VERY bad time for the main characters storywise, done via QTEs? Yup. Dave's got you covered.
For the record the timing is bad because the main character's child is being held by a serial killer under a sewer grate slowly drowning and your goal is to find him before it's too late

Alright now those games have plenty other bad and nonsensical things happening but you can handwave that because you didn't really expect any better from the medium. But not this kind of poo poo. These games were given awards for the concepts they were dealing with. But once you start playing you'll find you're playing dolls with a creepy guy who's asking you if you maybe want to rape barbie now?

Vic has a new favorite as of 02:40 on May 12, 2015

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Hel posted:

Didn't Omikron have the main character(which is you, the player) commit rape by deception a few minutes into the game? It's an established part of David cage games.

Technically you're asked by the npc to take over his body and become the pc giving you the control of his body. Which is p. creepy in this context but at the loving least it's consensual!

EDIT: And there are no QTEs for foreplay

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

But that's not what happens? The thing dragging this game down is she gets not raped on the pool table after playing Galaga.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

No you see it's as the exec producer said:

Ron Rosenberg posted:

"When people play Lara, they don't really project themselves into the character,"

"They're more like 'I want to protect her.' There's this sort of dynamic of 'I'm going to this adventure with her and trying to protect her.'

It only hurts because all you had to do is mash buttons and you failed as a senpai

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

WOMEN ARE PUT ON EARTH FOR US STRONG BOLD MEN TO PROTECT, HOWEVER, LET ME FANTASIZE FOR 60+ HOURS ABOUT HOW WOMEN WILL GET IN DANGER SO I CAN ACTUALLY SAVE THEM. I AM SUCH A HERO AND I DONT WANT LARA CROFT TO BE TORN UP BY A BRANCH OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND UNNNGHHHH GOOOD IM CUMMINNNNGGGG OHHH I LOVE PROTECTING FRAIL WOMEN AND FANTASIZING ABOUT HOW THEY GET HURT SO I CAN SAVE THEM AND GET SEX

*sploooooooooogeee*

Donkey Kong script leaked

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Jukebox Hero posted:

I know it's a little late, but re: Tomb Raider; I love how all the loving autistic robots come out when someone says the gore is disturbing. It has a whole bunch of excessive, realistic violence that doesn't amount to anything. 'You hosed up, now watch Laura fall off the zipline' is a lot more tasteful than 'WATCH LAURA LAND THROAT FIRST ON A SHARP STICK.' And, no, she isn't my waifu or whatever anime bullshit that guy wrote that allcaps fanfic I didn't read about, it's because it emphasizes her youth and vulnerability and then uses that to make the violence more shocking. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was the loving intent of it, but it worked too well and leaves me a bit queasy. I don't know, maybe I'm a loving pussy, the fatalities in MKX felt like they were going too far to me too. Eh, just my two cents.

It's alright, the autistic robots have feelings too.

It's just that they can emotionally disconnect when it comes to electronic videogames.

Vic has a new favorite as of 02:13 on May 13, 2015

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Actually the argument about whether or not women should bleed in videogames is awesome. Especially the part when everyone said what they like and don't like and then got all pissy about it.

NSFW NSFL graphic videogame content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6YSA1LmgY

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

DStecks posted:

You're clearly never gonna grasp that the gore in Dead Space is an act of humiliation directed at the player, where the gore in Tomb Raider is intended to nauseate the player, but maybe you have a hope of grasping that I was not making an unqualified declaration about all games ever

It's as if you were saying that a piece of fiction intended the exact emotional response you got from it.

I have a hope of grasping, but don't get your hopes too high.

This video portrays everything wrong with making people feel bad feelings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D1KzmRFNPs

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Just a reminder that some people in this internet forum thread think that people not being emotionally disturbed by seeing a virtual woman die from jumping induced physical trauma suffer from autism and thus should get out more.

You goons are alright.

Vic has a new favorite as of 17:32 on May 13, 2015

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Dr Christmas posted:

XCOM on impossible

Everything you said is correct and it really makes little sense playing past normal difficulty.

The AI doesn't become better, the game just lowers the odds of you succeeding doing the same thing. In effect you can only mitigate this by using more soldiers covering each other which means it only makes the game slower.

With how repetetive it gets after a while, being pro in this game means having a lot of time on your hands.

I miss the time unit system.

Vic has a new favorite as of 10:30 on May 15, 2015

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

That might be right, I never checked what the actual differences in the difficulty levels are, but I know that the AI still plays the same. It won't change tactics or make subtle changes to how it approaches situations.

The AI doesn't run out of soldiers, can't lose funding, doesn't have to deal with research etc, so those aren't really bonuses in the same way as for example there are bonuses in Civilization games difficulties where both you and AI play by the same rules.

You can't do anything drastically different with your gear or team, only move slower from cover to cover making sure you don't explore too fast and trigger more than one enemy group.

There's no metagame, and once you finish it on normal there's little point of going back for me. It's a good game, just much shallower than original xcom.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, you can't say it's not impossible.

Impossible to have fun :colbert:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I sure wish there was less sex in my fantasy games - it's distracting and creepy because

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

Now that I've finished the game, a final assessment:

Don't 100% the game for fucks sake.
Bumrush the Scrotus camps, clear them all, that's the real moneymaker. (Again, don't 100% them)
Go into the final fight (there's a "warning: final fight" popup) with 3 Thunderpoons or fewer

:perfect:

Holy poo poo the ending chase battle is fantastic. If you've played MM and gave up because it's boring (??), do the core story missions. Don't worry about car upgrades, you probably have enough.

The best thing is that I somehow read this assuming you're talking about MGSV, and thought you already developed a lingo.

Because I would totally call those russian bases Scrotus camps

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Look I know that if we didn't exaggerate a bit it wouldn't be fun to read threads like this, but some dorks in this thread literally think any obstacle to progress is a thing dragging the game down.

The Skulls fight in MGSV for example because it keeps popping up loving everywhere. The game gives you several ways of beating those guys, one of which is literally hiding doing nothing and bringing a specific buddy into the fight. The game gives you so much leeway in every situation that complaining about Bad Game Design is like sitting in a restaurant complaining that the steak is poorly cooked because you have trouble eating it with a spoon.

"The thing dragging super mario bros down is the pits because you fall in them and die if you just run straight ahead. Oh I know about jumping, I just don't like to jump in my games."

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

This is the stupidest rebuttal but yes putting enemies that require you to dump a bunch of lethal damage into them in a game about stealth that encourages you heavily to utilize non-lethal weaponry is in fact bad design. Sort of the direct opposite of putting stealth sections in shooters, really.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It does not require you to use lethal weapons and in fact rewards you for non-lethal approach. It's weird how many people have problems figuring this poo poo out on their own, especially because I'm bad at videogames generally.

Dorks.

The real issue with the game is that you can't whistle for your jeep to roll to your location. I drop into the area with a jeep, hit the first guard post along the way, crash the jeep into some rocks, clear the guardpost and now my jeep is like 80 meters away from me. I'm sure as hell not going back to do this:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

The thing

dragging this game

down

is clearly

Quiet

wearing bikini.

drat you kojima, these breasts and butts have ruined this game about supersoldiers and robots for females across the globe. They're missing on so loving much.

I take everything back, let's talk about how the skulls fight is bad and boring.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

My point is that MGS series is schlock entertainment aimed at young men which is based on the tropes from the 80 - 90s B movies. Your hero sports a mullet and the women are sexualized. Your James Bond hero fantasy is what it is. Good job pointing out it's stupid and sexist, because it really is, dorks. Kojima is a hack. It's what those games are, not a thing dragging them down. Please be offended about butt some more.

Vic has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Sep 30, 2015

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh we're supposed to jerk off to it, that's okay then.

If your mind immediately jumps to jerking off when you see a polygon butt, the game's not your main problem and you probably shouldn't visit beaches until you get this sorted out.

Again, what

The thing dragging MGSV down is no butt wiggle sound cue from MGS for female soldiers.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

The thing dragging Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit down is that there's barely any combat and the stealth mechanics are atrocious. All you do is go from A to B. Oh and there's traffic so even if you somehow overtake your opponent (good luck with that it's pretty much impossible without cheating) you can crash into it. What this crashing does is that it destroys your car while your opponent slips by, so the game's unbalanced as gently caress. Then I got to the final boss and guess what. Yeah. A car. Good loving job it's as if they couldn't come up with something more original.

Also the game has terrible tank controls. It literally FORCES me to use the retarded control scheme. Thankfully I found a mod that lets me use the mouse exclusively but the game controls like poo poo nontheless.

Then there's that race 31 where I got completely stuck for hours because of the terrible terrible level design. There's no indication that there's gonna be a turn. How the gently caress am I supposed to know that?! So when I finally figured it out and reached the finish line, guess what? You start the whole race all over again. At that point I just threw the mouse across the room. I 100%ed it but the last few weeks caused me serious physical and emotional trauma.

Whoever designed this game should be tied to a pole and burned alive while their family is forced to watch.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Tiggum posted:

So, what was I supposed to be doing? Because I now know that dragonrend forces a dragon to land, and I don't know how that's supposed to help me.

I don't think anything would help you at this point, man.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

that green is really ugly, though. it's like ang lee hulk green.

You can change both the HUD and pipboy color settings in the menu. Changing the color of pipboy makes your flashlight the same color too.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Overwatch
Look I get it you wanna play hanzo/widow/mccree thats fine but when winston just stomps over you for 5 minutes youll just spend the game dead. But at least you have time to call me a retard for pointing this out.

Overwatch is fun but I have no way of avoiding these guys.

It's surprising how many people with tons of hours in the game dont seem to understand the basics. I dont mind fuckups but this is dedication to loving up.

EDIT: Also another thing dragging the game down: EU region. Are the hero names translated or something? Why are you telling me to attack 'jocker'? Do you mean junkrat? Who's Torbian? Watch out for 'gun'? You mean bastion?

Also whats with germans insulting everyone in german then laughing about it? I hosed my mom wheres the joke buddy?

Vic has a new favorite as of 15:35 on Mar 17, 2017

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I ended up neurotypically screaming at my screen, alt-f4ing and uninstalling AssCred Revelations because it took an hour from the point I launched the game to where I still wasn't playing the game.

Here's what happened step by step:
1. The game patched itself
2. Uplay patched itself
3. Uplay patched itself
4. I logged in and pressed the big play button on the game and nothing happened. Restart uplay.
5. Uplay patched itself
6. Game now launches - unskippable logos
7. New profile, Start story mode.
8. Unskippable events so far from AssCred 1. It's terrible.
9. I can play! nope. Press forward to trigger ingame cutscene as desmond in whogivesafuck cyberpurgtory. It's unskippable.
10. Black screen: Ubisoft Montreal... Ubisoft Bucharest... Ubisoft Kiev... (there's 5 more) fuckin present a cutscene with Ezio which you can's skip
11. Tutorial time. No sandbox to try out the controls. No you just have to press buttons as they show on screen. The camera is fixed you still aren't playing the game. You kill 3 dudes.
12. loving ingame cutscene about how there's a door.
13. Follow a templar - your first mission in a tiny area which requires you to follow a single path.
14. another drat cutscene
15. Now I'm being dragged behind a carriage hanging onto a rope and theres a qte in which i have to press left, right or forward. It makes no sense.
16. A CUTSCENE?!
17. Now I'm riding the carriage and I have to press left or right to damage other carriages. Me ramming them damages them but if they ram me it damages me. OK sure at this point i'm dumbstruck at how stupid this all is, but hey maybe... why am I losing health? When you run over pebbles it damages you? The last third of my health is gone, my carriage explodes due to pebbles on a country road during my carriage ramming session. Return to 15.

The hard drive clusters this piece of poo poo is installed on were marked as free not 10 seconds later. I had an hour to kill before I had to go catch a bus so I know how long this all took. I guess what I'm saying is the thing dragging this game down is ctrl is cancel in this game and it doesn't work.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Futuresight posted:

Regardless of memes being good or bad they come from generally unfunny randoms joking around on message boards, comment sections, and chat rooms. And they should stay there where they belong. Professionals should be doing better.

Exactly - the thing that makes memes obnoxious is really the way people use them. There's a joke behind a meme and that joke will totally work if you set it up in the context of what you're "writing". They might as well go with [insert joke here].

RareAcumen posted:

Loss.jpg will still crack me up no matter how many times I see it.

I agree

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

moosecow333 posted:

This is a point I think a lot of people overlook. Just because a bad/unfun mechanic can be explained by the story doesn't mean it should get a pass for being bad.

Another example of this, in my opinion, is the opening of MGSV. Sure, the scene makes sense in the scope of the story and events, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that it's literally a cutscenes that you're required to slowly play through in order to progress.

I'd get it if it recognized you've been through this once and the second playthrough gave you an abridged version. Snake crawls on the ground kojima I get it MOVE IT!

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Fallout 1

The game's terrible and nearly unplayable mess. 20 Years after it's release game breaking bugs weren't patched out. You have to constantly save in case your companions decide to stand in the doorway whenever you enter a small room with no other exit. There's no way to move them, except to kill them.

Another thing with companions is that you have to barter with them in order to move things in and out of their inventory. As in if you give them something they'll respond with "OK, that's a good trade" but when you want to take something away from their inventory, you have to give them something of equal value in return. The only way to do this is via your Steal skill but guess what. The NPCs move around randomly so if they move after you target them with your steal skill it'll interrupt the two second bend forward and wave your hands animation that precedes any loving action in that game.

The user interface is terrible and clunky and most of the time in the game is spent on waiting for different useless animations to play. You enter combat, that's two seconds. You exit combat, that's two seconds. You switch hands, that's two seconds.

Then there are bugs like the one in The Glow which just crashes the game if at any point there was an explosion in the map and you want to enter an elevator to the 4th floor. Just hard crash at that same point because you used a grenade on any of the three floors you had to go through previously (I looked it up, that's what triggers it). I kept several saves but eventually overwrote the one before entering the glow, so I had to start the game nearly from the beginning.

Another thing happened when the whole population of Adytum turned hostile on me because the game randomly decided my follower missed and hit a townsperson in a giant firefight to free the townspeople of a fascist group of militants. The whole loving town descended on me after killing like 6 armored dudes that opressed them. There's no way to know if an entity is hostile to you. I had to save and load countless times because I was playing a nonviolent character so all the encounters could end for me with one critical hit on me which would be 2x my max HP. So yeah a slog of a battle and then suddenly the whole town goes after my neck.

Also gently caress me for trying to play a pacifist build - sneak skill just plain old doesnt seem to work in any appreciable manner - of course you find that out by putting all your skill point into it hoping it'll pay off. It doesn't. The only skill you really need is speech and that's about the depth of that. Everything else you use once or twice in the entire game and some skills you won't even use at all. There's a very specific character build that's just better than anything else - that's just bad game desing.

The game's broken as gently caress but at least the story is good, right? Well the story is I'm a vault dweller and need to find a water chip because the vault is running out of water. I have literally no connection with the vault, they don't provide me with any gear or anything, in fact it feels like a suicide mission. So gently caress the main "quest" I'm gonna make my own story. You can't. The game just ends if you dont deliver the water chip in 150 days. Have fun starting over. Regarding the dialogue options, these are the dialogue options in that game:
"Who are you"
"What can you tell me about [town]"
"Do you know where I could find a water chip"

For about every NPC in the game.

I could go on but the best thing is after I finally completed the game for the third time in a row due to the terrible game design (had to start from scratch several times due to above) is the final showdown with the Master and the big smart mindblowing moment of you can talk down the final boss and win the game that way is: "Mutants are sterile" (You learn this by randomly clicking around in the Brotherhood of steel base and one same looking npc just tells you "Oh btw im a scientist and mutants are sterile. Wild huh?"). So this all powerful master of mutants who constantly communicates with the mutants telepathically goes "wow really? let me ask one of my scientists... no he says its ok" then you retort "have you asked a female mutant?" and the master is like OH WOW GREAT IDEA and asks and goes "you sure? nobody? nobody had mutant kids? NOOOOOOOOOOO IVE BEEN A FOOL" and self destructs the entire compound thus ending the loomin giant mutant threat.

gently caress you Bethesda

Vic has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Jul 7, 2017

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Fallout 4 is the best one in the series.

Every single fallout had a mcguffin that you could mention in almost every convo you have in those games. Have you seen a water chip, geck, my dad, benny, shaun? I'm looking for my water dad is no better or worse than the baby angle. Why are you hung up on that poo poo?

They literally don't mention your character's profession after the beginning and even there it's not explicitly stated. A soldier who's not good with guns? Inconceivable. Stupid lawyer? Lawyers are all geniuses!

The dialogue select being boiled down to 4 options max has nothing to do with how much boring poo poo are you gonna have the npcs ramble about. Y'all misremembering that the dialogue in the games went like pick a topic, then click continue until the npc is done talking about it. Back to main dialogue menu, do the same for topic b. In fallout 1 & 2 the tree was very rarely more than 4 options, and even then it was a list kinda thing.

I'm playing through the terrible Fallout 2, currently in Vault 15 wishing I was playing Fallout 4 each time I press F5 for quickload because I did character creating wrong and can shoot only once a turn. Also Marcus kills Ian Sulik with burst fire every second turn. There's no way to avoid this. I'm doing this because the terrible village elder is crying in my dreams about my village dying!

Gonna stab next post waxing philosophical on the ludonarrative dissonance in fallout 4 in the groin.

Inco posted:

Fallout 4 was written for the player character to be a cipher, with the character's motivation coming from the player themselves, but then they added the ever-present "kidnapped baby" plot. This might have worked, but Bethsoft didn't put in the effort to get me invested in this plot, so it fell flat, and it fell flat hard. Because they wrote the main character without a character (as you would a player cipher), but with a motivation separate from the player, the main character just felt super one-dimensional and boring as poo poo to me.

Hey idiot how about you bring me a water chip because I told you to.

Vic has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Jul 7, 2017

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Inco posted:

It's not even ludonarrative dissonance. Fallout 4's writing is the worst I've ever seen in a narrative-focused genre.

False.

Writing-wise the Fallout games are ranked as follows:
1. Fallout 4
2. Fallout NV
3. Fallout 2
4. Fallout 1
5. Fallout 3

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Pick a Baby Hater trait which replaces "Shaun" with "My immersion" in dialogue.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Fallout 4 is bad because your character is always a soldier or lawyer regardless of stats. Unlike New Vegas, where a character is so mentally retarded that they can barely talk and is effectively blind with a Perception of 1 makes a living as a package courier. Or Fallout 1 and 2 where you an entire community always pins their sole hope of survival on you no matter how weak, stupid, or ill-prepared for basic survival you are.

The cold storage damaged you in your head canon. Have fun playing a genuinely good game Fallout 4

EDIT: I unironically like they stole my child as a main quest line. gently caress you goons!

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Fallout 4 was a much better story than Heavy Rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Stuntman posted:

This is the "dragging games down" thread, you'll want take your crusade to the little things in games thread.

Shut up you're dragging games down. I've bitched more about Fallout than you probably will in your life!

Fallout 2 is a terrible game in which if you obtain a car which reduces the tedious jrpg like random encounters (your main source of xp) and your travel time. But if you accidentally leave the map after a random encounter with your car still in it, you lose the car forever.

Also in towns, if you have stuff in the trunk, the trunk can be separated from the car and appear randomly in other location you appear in. Like just a ghost trunk.

That happened in my unfinished playthrough like half a year ago. Right now Vic the trader refuses to talk to me. You can still use his repair skill but cant enter his combat menu.

Is this dragging this game down enough?