Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Are pants only cosmetic in Cyberpunk? I get rid of any clothes that don't give a bonus, and I'm 35 hours in and so far all I have is upper body stuff, and I'm just running around town with my dick flopping around everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Meowywitch posted:

I think all clothes is cosmetic now. at launch, they weren't

I know this sort of adds to the "immersion" of the game, but I sure don't care what my character is wearing in a first-person game, even if you do get to look in the mirror occasionally. But anyway, they're not all cosmetic -- I have a vest, shirt, helmet and goggles that give various bonuses. But pants and shoes, so far, not a single one.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

ZeusCannon posted:

Tell me you modded cyberpunk without telling me you modded cyberpunk

It's vanilla Cyberpunk. Dick-floppage is an integral part of the experience.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Ah god dammit, Cyberpunk 2077 has one of those "don't let that car get away!" quests that's bugged as hell. I don't know what's causing it, but I keep failing the mission. The truck slows to a crawl, and the guy goes "AH YOU'RE USELESS! THEY GOT AWAY!"

But the car we're pursuing is right in front of us. It hasn't gotten away. Am I being spotted, maybe? Am I not supposed to be spotted? Because it's definitely not "getting away", that's not what's happening :mad:

edit: this quest is garbage. Three different times the quest ended early and I "failed" because "he got away." I still don't know what's triggering that. It also has this annoying thing where cars drive out in front of you, which makes sense because it's supposed to be dramatic, and difficult, this car chase, except that none of the other vehicles that get in your way are obeying traffic signals! So what, are they all working for the guy I'm tailing?

Then we finally reach the guy I'm tailing, and I kill him. This doesn't cause me to fail the quest, but the guy I'm next to is still shouting at him, and then he just dies. Nothing killed him, but he's now dead.

So what the gently caress. So I reload. Apparently I'm supposed to let the two argue and then he gets shot. BUT I also learned, you can kill the bad guy with one shot if you do it before he kills the guy who gave me the mission; if you try to fight him AFTER he kills the guy, for some reason he's super ultra mega powerful and annihilates me.

God dammit this quest is buggy as gently caress.

edit: oh I looked it up and everyone hates this quest, but they seem to mostly hate it for what comes after. I think the biggest problem with this is... you're not supposed to get too close to the tailing car or "it gets away." I presume you also shouldn't let it get too far away but I've let it get 100+ meters away and it doesn't seem to trigger the mission failstate. Even though you're there to help your client, you're definitely not supposed to protect him, because he is scripted to die, even if the person killing him is already dead. You're also not supposed to kill the guy who kills your client, but just let it happen and then talk to him. This is just an awful quest by design and is so incongruous with how every other quest I've played so far has been.

credburn has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Mar 16, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Meowywitch posted:

is this one of the clown guy's quests or is it a quest from the dlc?

I 100%ed the base game and either vaguely remember a quest like this, or maybe I'm just remembering wrong

I've only completed the first part of it, but in looking up how to accomplish this (turns out if anyone dies either by your driving OR the physics-ignoring vehicle you're tailing then it triggers the "they got away!" failstate) it later involves a crucifixion.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Hey, let me ask you, are you playing Tomb Raider 3 remastered? And are you doing it on console?

I ask because the save crystals were never on PC, and they were only in Tomb Raider 1 and 3 for consoles. I find it strange they decided to put them BACK in 3, but also they kept it in for the remaster, and also apparently the console version and PC versions of the remaster are different? What else is different besides forcing console players to endure the save crystals? Why didn't they just port the PC version to console, then?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Anyone who grew up trying to download warez from a geocities page on a 56k modem knows the actual link is the tiny almost hidden text in between giant flashing dick-enlargement banners.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Yeah this is one of the dumbest things about Fallout overall. Why is there still trash and skeletons everywhere. 200 years after an apocalypse isn't really a post-apocalyptic situation any more. It's a regular situation.

It made sense in Fallout 1 and kinda 2 where everything is just a huge empty wasteland with communities that top out at like 30 people. Even Junktown is free of debris and garbage, you know, in the places where people live, even if its walls and construction materials is made from junk.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Fallout 1 and 2 present a world that's just absolutely completely bombed away. Like a Road Warrior or A Boy and His Dog situation; just flat radioactive desert with pockets of civilization.

But while Bethesda's Fallouts go a different direction, it's hard to fault them because Fallout's artwork for like, loading screens and backgrounds for things and concept art actually look a lot like where Bethesda took it.

I prefer what the gameplay of Fallout 1 and 2 made the world look like, but it seems clear that the developers wanted a more detailed, junk-filled ruin of a world than maybe games could handle at the time.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Fast travel ruined Daggerfall.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

John Murdoch posted:

Case in point not that long ago someone was getting mad in the TES thread about how Bethesda stomped all over the sacrosanct lore of Morrowind with some minor Skyrim sidequest only for it to turn out they were completely wrong and just looking for something to get mad about.

Or a classic one that I think has cropped up on this thread a few times, people claiming Bethesda tried to make the Brotherhood the good guys in Fallout 4. Of course, the Fallout thread also gets into monthly arguments about how according to Fallout 1 the Brotherhood works like this, but then Bethesda screwed everything up by having them act like that, but then NV says :words:

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics do not take place in the same timeline or universe as any Bethesda Fallouts and New Vegas is the weird bridge between worlds. 76 exists in its own dimension also, where nothing matters and everything is bad.

edit: no wait there were Supermutants in Tactics also for some reason. HOW DID A DYING RACE OF MUTANTS WITH NO WAY TO MAKE MORE MUTANTS MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO CHICAGO AND ESTABLISH ANYTHING THERE

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Randalor posted:

Whatever do you mean? We were even told in Fallout 2 that Super Mutants are able to reproduce, it just took some time for the juices to get flowing.

What the goddamn holy hell are you talking about

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Cyberpunk tries to make a sweet scene where Johnny talks about how he and V have been through a lot, and he is starting to care about her but because of the nature of this huge open world where you can do most missions in any order, this is coming real quick after he joined me. I think you're meant to have this scene happen after you've been together for a while, but I sure haven't. It's been HEY GIVE ME YOUR BODY to We've Been Through a Lot in like two missions.

the_steve posted:

I could've sworn that South Park: Snow Day was supposed to offer couch co-op when it was announced, but apparently not, which was a bummer for my girlfriend and I since we were hoping to play. Especially since I had downloaded it under the assumption that the couch co-op was going to be there, so now I'm out $30 on top of that.

That sucks, because it definitely looks like a couch-coop game, it looks like it was made to be a couch coop game.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I think media needs to cool it with the "of the" titling for a little while.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Mr E posted:

I'm playing Wizardry 8 for the first time and am mostly really enjoying the game, but as I approach what I assume is the endgame and enemy packs get up to the max size of 9 + fighting multiple max enemy squads the fights are taking longer and longer. I can't imagine playing without a mod to speed up enemy movement because even with that on I can get up and go grab a drink or use the bathroom some rounds of combat before they're over. Not a great feeling to dread combat in a game that's 90% combat.

There's one particular battle, like the penultimate one or something, that took me forty minutes because of all the monsters, and also everyone had that canned-summon-monster thing. So like eight of us, plus eight summoned monsters, fighting an army, who also is summoning monsters. It really made it feel epic as gently caress though.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I had a battle in Jagged Alliance 3 that took three times longer than it needed to because it was a huge battle with tons of people on both sides, but unfortunately one of my computer-controlled allies was stationed near a guard tower on the far side of the map where there was no action to be seen. So every single turn one guy would slowly climb the entire guard tower, and then go into guarding... then the next turn he'd slowly climb all the way down the tower and guard. And the next turn he'd slowly climb back up. He did this the entire battle.

edit: I see Sea of Thieves seems to be getting popular again for some reason. I didn't check this out the last time it was relevant. I thought about giving it a go this time, but as soon as I check out the thread, I read that there's a "double XP weekend" event going on or something. That absolutely removes any interest I have in the game. I'm just not going to play with real life timeframes to maximize my xp gain, I can't imagine any way to more quickly utterly kill my interest in a game than setting up poo poo like that.

credburn has a new favorite as of 18:46 on Apr 16, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Far Cry: New Dawn has that bullshit where everyone in the outpost dies pretty reliably with a face full of shotgun except the very last guy, the boss of the outpost or whatever, who takes seven face fulls of shotgun and loses all of twenty percent of his health are-you-loving-kidding-me.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I'm playing Fashion Police Squad which is sort of a low-rez Doom 2016 with this gimmick that you're making everyone look better by attacking them with fashion-relation guns according to their weakness. The thing is, I've hit a wall of difficulty. I've reached the subway level, where there is platforming, narrow walkways, tons and tons of enemies that do AOE attacks, very little health, and it's a checkpoint system so I can't save scum my way through it. This level is not fun. It's bullshit. I don't want to play anymore. And I look online, and I see that almost every negative review was written at roughly the 2.5 hour mark, the same point I am. I think many people play until this point and then quit. I wonder if the game is fun again if you beat it?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Teardown is a lot of fun, but one thing that keeps kind of annoying me, is that after every mission there's a news flash covering your demolition, complete with pictures. But they're not pictures of my destruction; it's just a picture of a finished level. It looks nothing like my art.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
In Far Cry 5, you were allowed to be either a male or female. For the most part, the only difference was, if you were playing female the subtitles would change "him" to "'em " and really half-assed things like that. In New Dawn, the sequel-spinoff from Far Cry 5, they refer to the character as "they/them." The reason mechanically is probably just because there isn't a canonical gender for that character (or a name) but it also stands out because they are the only character in this world who uses non-binary pronouns. It stands out, in a world where everyone is he or she, and then one character uses nonbinary pronouns, kinda like they did if you played female (if you played male, the voiced lines didn't change but sometimes the subtitles did) I don't think this counts as representation, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Necrothatcher posted:

But it's got some insane censorship where the word "whiskey" is removed, ruining one of the most famous choruses of all time.

:lol: