Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Philippe posted:

The lady option in Fallout 4 is an afterthought and you know it.

In a funny twist it was but this meant the female voice actor didn't have a bunch of people cross directing her and her performance is way better than the blokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Barudak posted:

Spoiler, I uh, guess Every single rune bearer is multiphasal. If they've got a rune, they're two phases. Morgott is the only oddish one since his two phases occur in different dungeons entirely

I don't know how I missed that they were the same person it seems totally obvious in hindsight but I figured that they were brothers or something

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I love doom eternal but my god mauraders are easily the worst part of it. I didn't buy the dlc and I don't regret it tbh

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

BiggerBoat posted:

So, in DS3, did they change the parrying controls? Going with a Knight build per my son's request. He picks where to go and what to buy and poo poo. He's the navigator. But I can't parry a loving thing.

have you tried asking your navigator if you can parry

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't think fallout 4 would have felt nearly as lifeless or static to play in if the settlement building feature had been more fully fleshed out. When you mod the poo poo out of it to add a robust settlement building aspect and NPCs to populate settlements that feel like they have any kind of sense of weight it feels quite good. As it was it felt like they were assuming modders were going to fix their boring game (which they did so jokes on me I guess)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

jackofarcades posted:

I started bloodborne on my ps5 it runs in 30 FPS. Awful

For whatever reason 30fps doesn't seem to bother me in bloodborne nearly as much as it does playing nearly any switch game. It's still wild it hasn't been upgraded given that it's one of the most powerful arguments for owning a ps4

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I am giving DS1 another crack and I feel like however not encumbered I am I still feel like I'm fat rolling. It might just be because it feels a lot slower than every other from soft game I've played though. This is the only one with "souls" in the name I've tried fwiw.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dark souls 1 probably hasn't aged well in a lot of ways but I'm just picking it up as my first souls game after enjoying all Froms non souls souls likes and the way the target lock seems to switch automatically is driving me insane.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't even remember any of the companion quests. Every time I play NV nowadays I find a new companion I missed. I blow through that game like a fuckhead every time I play it just because it has a great story momentum. Not that you guys are in any way incorrect about any of your points I just have never noticed it. Was Boones quest something to do with his dead wife or whatever?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If you missed the radagon backstory that means you also missed turtle pope and that's the saddest thing I ever heard. Admittedly the big reveal in goldmasks quest was underwhelming. Just some dumb message on the ground.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

turtle pope absolutely gives you the entire backstory when you meet them the first time with no prerequisites.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It's a big space monster that lives in the tree.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

An Actual Princess posted:

it's the greater will

Hard disagree on this one, greater will is still In a galaxy far far away or the two fingers would have been able to communicate with it on a normal timescale. The spooky space monster is merely it's embodiment in this location. Anyway cleretic just watch some lore videos like everyone else that ran past everything did

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The one behind the roundtable main area is the main source of exposition and speculation about the greater will iirc, the beast stuff you mostly have to pull from item descriptions and the other random crones are more speculation generators I think.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

moosecow333 posted:

That sounds like one hell of a stretch. Does anything actually back that up other than them sharing one word in their name?

Lmao

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

having only gotten into fromsoft games since elden ring came out, and realizing all the non-souls games seem to be the best I sort of bounced off sekiro quite a bit but its starting to click and feel rewarding as hell despite the fact that I objectively suck at it even more than I do the more RPG styled games but boy am I annoyed as hell when I have been playing the game for 4 hours now and only just realised how to loot bodies

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm playing dark souls remastered for the first time immediately after playing Elden ring and the absolute lack of cognitive dissonance I have getting annoyed at dark souls for taking exhausted consumables out of my hot bar instead of letting them sit there on zero after the exact opposite thing annoying me about Elden ring is sure something

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Kirby forgotten land is amazing but I hate that there isn't a way to speed up dialogue boxes. Its driving me mad.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

my main grievance with totk so far is the mecha handles like total poo poo and feels vastly less powerful than just hitting stuff with my sword and having the mecha walk alongside me and attack stuff. i was so excited when i got it and it just was so awful to actually use despite being great conceptually and thematically

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

yeah its such a cool concept that doesnt feel as good as it should

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i did wind temple then fire temple and then that one :(

its very funny that the game doesnt force you to interact with the memories/geoglyphs in any particular order and also puts the spirit temple in a big ominous storm above faron like im absolutely gonna beeline that the second i notice it

Jezza of OZPOS has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Jun 4, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

im pleasantly surprised by how fun diablo 4 is and im sure a lot of things will be improved upon but one thing i cannot wrap my mind around is how they thought having a tetris inventory system with very limited space would be a good idea in a game in 2023 released on multiple consoles

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Bussamove posted:

Is it Tetris inventory if everything is a single slot? That’s just… an inventory.

not everything is the same size and the grid format is just an extra layer of unnecessary complexity on top of that even if they were. the annoying thing is the d3 console release fixed it perfectly well and now we are back to this for some reason

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

arent equipment two slots and gems 1 or did i just imagine that? either way its still tedious but if im wrong im dumb and still right

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Vic posted:

Man UK people should be thankful for americans taking over the reins of the english language.

its an incredibly unpopular opinion in australia but i agree

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i think if you couldnt pause sekiro youd wind up with rsi from beating it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Schubalts posted:

FF12's gambit system or Dragon Age 1's party scripting?

you can just shoot me i wont pick a favourite

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

off topic for the thread but ff12 is an incredibly underrated gem of a game

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

juggling my first run of DS3 with another run of bloodborne because i've never managed to finish it and i think the one thing that really drags these games down is that i suck poo poo at them and I constantly give up because they're hard and i'm bad. I'm contemplating throwing a first run of DS2 in the mix just because why not

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I sort of gave up my first go a decent chunk further just using my starting weapon upgraded as much as possible so I think you're ok for now. I'm currently playing around with the cleaver and kirkhammer and contemplating which one of those to throw upgrade mats into first. Kirkhammer is pretty fun but not having the gun for parrying when its in its big heavy form is a big downside for me since this is the first souls game that parrying has ever actually clicked with me. I also got pretty lost around about where you got upto and without spoiling too much there's at least one or two things you can find from there that are big upgrades that you can miss easily so take your time and look around.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

fallout games handled stat point distribution through intelligence and it kind of sucked but made up for it by making your character say dumb goofy poo poo constantly. for all its faults fallout 4 also had a perk called idiot savant that gave you a randomised chance of just instantly obliterating enemies and also tthe female voice actor did a great job with the 'dumb' voice lines and just leaned into doing a goofy voice

its actually crazy how stark the amount of contrast of personality between the two voice actors was because it confused me when people would say the voice acting was garbage because i always played the lady and then i tried a playthrough as a dude and quit at diamond city

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

im playing final fantasy x for the first time and i can see why people love it so much and im enjoying it but in the spirit of complaining on the internet i have to say i do not enjoy the way the environments are built so that they have to shift perspective while you are running through areas. it feels like they put a lot of work into creating the environments to look as good as possible with the limitations of the ps2 in mind but its annoyingly jarring to have the minimap not have any indication that the camera position is about to shift drastically. islander john dimaggio probably is problematic but its cool playing a final fantasy game that takes place in a more pasifika coded location rather than the earlier more generic fantasy locations

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

theyre super easy to farm if you put a shield on and just counter but my first playthrough i was using a sword and focus and didnt bother with a shield and got hosed on by then a lot bc they are very quick and deadly at low levels

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

people tell me time and time again that i dont need to level stamina in bloodborne past 20 but my reaction times are so bad that i just like being able to flail aimlessly at dudes when im in a pinch

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i thought about resubbing to game pass for starfield but for whatever dumb reason gamepass will only let me install games to the system drive and i dont want to dedicate 140 gigs of ssd space to it when im still playing baldurs gate

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i havent a gun or a sword that shoots projectiles though so its mildly disappointing in that regard. my main gripe with it is the player character feels very weightless and part of this i think is sound design and part of it is the animation for rolling and dodging just doesnt have a satisfying look to it. its an ok soulslike but its certainly not great by any means

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the surge sounds fun is it good?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i thought the f4 lady va was way better, especially as the shroud, she just hammed up every line to within an inch of its life

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

more like oldskilless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i bought a copy of immortals fenyx rising essentially for a buck bc there was a 2 for 25 bin out the front of an eb games and i saw the surge 2 for 24 bucks, which ive been meaning to play for a while.

anyway this game isnt really bad i guess. its just so aggressively uninspired im having trouble giving a poo poo about it. the art style is like a weird mix of pixar ripoff and the console/phone port of civ 5. its essentially a botw rip off but with a honking big ubisoft radar at the top of the screen. the world somehow feels more empty and static than botw (which was my only real issue with it)

i regret buying it instead of a copy of titanfall 2