Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Cleretic posted:

Either that, or BG3's writers expect me to be way more okay with blatantly untrustworthy and unqualified attempts to perform eye surgery on me than I am. Because that's the only other common thread here.

just take the L(ost eye) it's worth it I promise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]

bawk posted:

The Talos Principle II: hmmm, yes. these new puzzles are interesting. very cool. but have you considered... giving me more tetronimo puzzles? no, no not the bridges. those are good. but, consider... more tetronimoes.

I assume you fully explored the museum and still want more? Me too honestly....

Another talos principle 2 thing--I am playing with controller and when I'm choosing dialog sometimes the game will just...not pick the option I had highlighted? Kudos on the devs for giving you the option to tell people just to gently caress off instead of exploring a philosophical topic I guess, but I was honestly curious to hear that conversation! I promise I didn't select the 'immediately end conversation' option!

If anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix I'd love to hear it :shobon:

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

bawk posted:

Another little thing right now is there's an achievement for taking more than 20 minutes to solve a puzzle

I hadn't noticed this until you mentioned! But I feel fairly confident given the themes of the game to say that the devs/other robots would believe that this is a good thing. They even put a pose in the game for when you finally crack a puzzle after beating your head against your preconceptions for too long

Also you can restart/reset puzzles by holding down x on keyboard, I had to look this one up when I softlocked a puzzle earlier. Unless this is a New Mechanic I haven't seen yet that truly does lock you in!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Just photo mode, they put a surprising amount of work into the poses and facial expressions available.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Yeah, I think that is a valid and possibly intended read on the character. I think Act 3 has some concrete evidence that they aren't being wholly truthful.

And at the very ending you can choose to side against them/betray them and they get rather nasty in a way that makes you feel validated.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Meowywitch posted:

Lunacid sounds like a great game to play while stoned

it is so long as you retain a sense of direction. I walked circles in the first area for far too long trying to find my way back to a specific door.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I need to turn that on because I just spent another hour running circles in the mummy area

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

They should just tell you that locusts are extra lives and if you're in void mode you can't get an ending in Void Stranger.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Arrath posted:

I would have thought the cyborg covered in armor plates would have negative buoyancy but yeah

It's cuz you fight air man first hth

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Ms Adequate posted:

On the other hand, without Lara where would boys in the 90s have had to look to develop their interests in women?

Jill of the Jungle, who was so good at her job of being a video game character that she made the boys all quit.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Joey Freshwater posted:

Playing Midnight Suns because it was free and apparently go good reviews. I’m not really enjoying it but giving it a chance. That’s not the problem though.

It won’t let me pause the god drat game during cut scenes. This is such a simple thing that every game should do but why are some just like gently caress you no pausing.

I get it in like an MMO or something like that but having to exit out to the PS main page to pause the game is stupid.

I started loving it more once things got rolling.

Another MMO-rear end thing I hate though: the game has a currency called Gloss which is largely used for cosmetics. The game is presenting me with many more color options and casual outfits than I can afford. You can allow characters to auto pick an outfit from the ones you have unlocked, which is neat and makes it feel more like you're inhabiting a space with real people.

I wanted to just buy a poo poo load of costumes so I'd always be seeing something new, so I loaded up cheat engine. Nope. Game immediately closes with a warning window. 2k added anti cheat to a single player game. What the gently caress.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

No, you can definitely pay for a portcrystal with real money. There's no compelling reason to, but it's true.

Ahh you edited to infinite crystals. Yeah you can't travel solely by microtransaction.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

You'll get a way to bypass the stealth pretty quickly. And then you don't have to worry about it again until the run up to the finale.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I didn't look I'm not that far in chainsaw man yet

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I guess I just learned the root of Megidolaon from your post too. Neat!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Morpheus posted:

Similar in Dragons Dogma 2 and also LAD:Infinite Wealth, the interact button is the same as the run button. I have no idea why this is a thing.

Even weirder in Infinite Wealth: you can run with either RT or the A button. So you don't have to have this issue, but you absolutely can (presumably because previous games allowed pressing A to run and they didn't want to break muscle memory).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Randalor posted:

Something about brainjacking people, and killing yourself at the end? The VR Super Hot was pretty cool though.

Thing dragging this down: even with the warning barriers up, I found myself coming too close to punching my walls/closet/desk too frequently to finish it.