Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I bought RDR2 in the Steam sale because even though every other motherfucker has already played it I never actually had a PC powerful enough before, and maybe I'm just stupid but I had a hell of a time during the lasso tutorial because I'm using mouse and keyboard and when the mouse icon appeared to tell me to left- or right-click I couldn't tell which one was actually supposed to be highlighted. I think it was the darker one.

And again I'm sure these are criticisms that have already been made but a. why does every piddly little thing have its own dedicated keyboard key and b. why does it take longer to open a kitchen cupboard in the game than it does in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I did figure it out in the end, I kinda wish I had done the hunting tutorial first because the bow has the same controls but I feel like they were more obvious somehow. Maybe only because I had already been loving around with the lasso.

I ended up having to repeat the lasso tutorial because I deliberately dropped the weenie guy in the campfire and he died lol

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Everything is sex, except sex, which is power

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I didn't know Monae was quoting Wilde there

e: Except she probably wasn't, motherfuckers are always attributing quotes to people

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

nthing the sentiment that most crafting systems in games are boring wastes of time. I used the one in Animal Crossing but that was because it was a. deliberately simplistic and b. had immediate and persistent utility (house look nicer). Why would I bother collecting my own materials to make my own potions when I can just eat the tinned strawberries I nicked from someone's house. I didn't even know strawberries came in tins.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

how can the game be good if the controls and level design are not

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

credburn posted:

Why do you and LIVE AMMO COSPLAY have the same avatar?

We don't know!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Shiroc posted:

I was surprised to learn that while Link can drop random flowers to make a delicious fried greens meal, putting Hylian Rice alone into the pot is considered dubious food. Hylians rejecting the simple joy of steamed rice with a meal.

if you try to cook bomb flowers you don't blow the gently caress up and it sucks

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

(they caught AIDS off the ranch hands)

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

raytracing is a scam right? like you buy a six million dollar graphics card and it either shits the bed entirely or looks, like, a bit better

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Wind Waker is one of my favourite games of all time but whoever put the Forsaken Fortress forced stealth mission at the very beginning of the game needs to be pistolwhipped. Especially since every part of the area looks the same.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Still not really sure how to feel about Hades putting the giant rats at the end

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Guns are like significantly better than melee IRL

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

The compromise seems obvious, namely, give the dog a gun.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I bought BG3 and didn't like it so now I'm out £50!!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I bought it on Steam and played it for >2 hours so they said no

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Yeah I regret not just lying. I guess there's a nonzero chance I'd want to try it again but gently caress redownloading all of that lmao

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

No post should be over 100gb

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I was moping about BG3 before but I decided to have another stab at it and got on a lot better for some reason so maybe it's for the best I didn't get a refund. Okay thanks for listening

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Thank god that poo poo is dead

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

CitizenKain posted:

I hadn't noticed this really until I got to the Goblin Camp, and while talking to the merchant, you can hear Volo in the background just yelling constantly.

Acting like a stupid rear end in a top hat is a vital facet of Volo's character

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Alhazred posted:

I know they wanted to differentiate the Guardians of the Galaxy game from the movie

I'm sure they did want that but I can't actually understand why

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Astarion, gayly: A trap.
Lae'zel: *walks over the trap and dies*

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

My own character, as she scatters herself over a wide area: Perception Failed

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Actually yeah that does remind me of something that mildly irritated me in BG3: I came to a cottage and the door was locked, but there were clearly people inside. I could break the door down or pick the lock or nick the key from just inside the window as well I think, but I couldn't just... knock?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Surprised it's never happened to you, it happens a lot for me.

makes sense a D&D game wouldn't implement a pathfinder

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Taeke posted:

It's happened to me as well a few times, usually after jumping somewhere the character couldn't reach.

yes the fact different characters jump different distances makes logical sense but it really throws a spanner into something the game already struggles with

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Karlach won't willingly walk into a gas cloud that gimps die rolls even after all the nearby enemies are dead, but will happily walk into my Space Colony ARK super laser piss immediately after combat and throw away a third of her hit points

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

The Faith-Leap Trial or whatever it was called is the jankiest poo poo ever, I succeeded but I have no idea how. Plus it made me use loving Gale

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Waste of Breath posted:

The safe path is shown on the tile pattern on the floor. For me it also showed up visibly in tactical view but that might have been a bug.

I realized there was probably an invisible path so I brought out Gale for the See Invisibility spell, but I have no idea if that's actually what made it visible because, as in your case, poo poo just wasn't loading properly. I'm pretty sure the patches of Darkness weren't visible on my successful attempt but it's always a coin flip if poo poo like that shows up at all. Still affects your character though!!

The Wicked ZOGA has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Sep 5, 2023

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

More like Outer L

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

still on BG3: the cutscene for Gale blowing up at the end of Act II sucks so much I thought it had failed to load the explosion effect for Moonrise Towers, but no, there just isn't one. even just having the camera fade to white on Elminster's horrified face as the distant roar increases would've been better than what we actually got

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Cleretic just wants the opportunity to gloat. What a sicko!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

No but really Cleretic should get in the Games thread, there's this guy called Taear and I think they'd get along

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Reloading, mostly

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I like Balan Wonderworld having most of its lore in the tie-in novella

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

No of course the dream visitor isn't trustworthy. that's the whole loving point. That's not a flaw in the writing. come the gently caress on cleretic

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

"But I don't think the game actually expects me to consider the Dream Visitor an untrustworthy liar" Yeah, it loving does!!!!!!!!!!!?!!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Like what are you even expecting at this point? Before you were bitching that you couldn't tell the goblin priest 'you expected me to fall into your trap but I didn't fall into my trap because I was aware that it was a trap', and now you're complaining the game doesn't let you say 'you, the Dream Visitor, are not trustworthy, to me, because I cannot know your true identity or motivations, and urging me to take more parasites is fundamentally untrustworthy, as it undermines my identity'? You want the game to give you every opportunity to say exactly what you think of every character at all times? Is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Just because the player character isn't turning to the camera and saying 'woah! this 'dream guardian' sure seems untrustworthy!' before eating a chili dog and spindashing away, doesn't mean that isn't the authorial intent