Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Broken Cog posted:

I found the last thread to be kinda funny to read through, considering how little gameplay we've seen. Especially after reading the prerelease threads for GTA5 and SR4.

Also, please replace the OP with all neoseeker posts from the last thread.

Neoseeker is the last bastion of hope for our pitiable industry. Praise our saviour for showing us the light of his limitless video game design intellect, he shall herd the pathetic sheeple to a new dawn of revolutionary enlightening interactive experiences.

Also nothing is as funny as reading the neogaf leak thread and basking in the hilarity of spergs either hailing it as the besterest game ever because Aiden's coat is shiny or panicking over every bit of jank they see. We still haven't reached GTA V levels of silliness, but I'm sure at some point someone will deduce that there are no pedestrians while driving and no car damage and 32x32 road textures because the LODs forgot to load for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

IchGestalt posted:

If this game allows me to sit at a major intersection and just constantly change the traffic lights then it will be GOTY.

Unironically this. I don't care much if I can stop crimes or debate the moral ambiguity of shooting virtual mans before or after they shoot other virtual mans for the sake of my glorified wanted level. That stuff's cool and all, but I just want to behave like the dorky rear end that I am and sit around loving with the AI and snickering at the reactions to sudden massive car pileups and exploding fuse boxes.

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 17, 2014

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So the world's most dangerous Flobots fan is going to use his Internet power to Defeat The Bad Guys.

The gameplay seemed interesting, but I've not very high expectations for some reason.

It's a new Ubisoft IP basically designed around becoming a franchise, heavily processed by something like 10 different studios. I'm fairly confident that it will be a fun enough romp with some neat twists on open-world fuckery, but it will still be the typical safe Ubi affair, for better and for worse. Thankfully, Ubisoft's formula largely appeals to my tastes, but WD certainly ain't gonna be revolutionary or game-changing or whatever.

And yeah the plot will be laughable tripe with some okay bits, as it is with pretty much every open-world game that isn't written by Black Isle vets. And I will be astounded if the main story missions aren't railroaded crap that alters between GTA-brand crappy mission design and FC3-brand crappy mission design. Don't forget forced stealth sections that even Blacklist couldn't resist cramming in for good measure.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Someone finally leaked a bit of proper HD footage that shows off some car 'splosions and civilian reactions to Aiden going postal. Nothing too remarkable, but it's neat. (For posterity, here's a mirror if it gets taken down from DM)

Only pet-peeve I have so far is lack of bullet wounds, but that's just me being a sperg spoiled by RDR and MP3.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Orv posted:

Interesting that if you get to the caller in time the cops don't actually get to come out and play.

It looks like there was even a "Jam Coms" hack that he selected but didn't use, which is presumably used to interrupt calls in a more subtle manner than uh, slo-mo capping dudes in the face :v:

That whole thing kind of reminds me of Red Dead Redemption's witness system, just a whole lot more refined. And call me shallow, but reminding me of RDR in any way is basically the fast lane into my pants wallet.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

VJeff posted:

And so much for the embargo being lifted on Thursday, I guess. :v:

It's probably (hopefully) just a misinformed PR guy that doesn't know about the embargo lift, I think it's more referring to the hilariously bad review that one guy put up with a video of him dicking around on one street for 10 minutes trying to blow up a gas tank.

Fake edit: Also got to love the underscore they put at the end of the tweet for no reason.

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 18, 2014

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

I see where you're coming from. I'm a total sucker for their formula but I admit that they really need to learn to blend things together better. Most of their games really do feel the weight of hundreds of different people and probably like a dozen different designers pawing at them, they try to be a thousand different things at once and, while they do it better than a lot of other studios, it still makes them feel unfocused and disjointed as gently caress.

After hearing about how like 10 different Ubisoft divisions had a hand in WD's development during its already long development time, I'm confident it will be fairly polished and a decent game, but I'm also confident it will have a whole bunch of eclectic design and superfluous crap all over the place.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Haven't they even specifically stated that Watch Dogs was specifically being made as a Driver sequel before it grew into a larger project? Either way, I'm definitely happy that the driving mechanics will be similar to D:SF. Even seems to still have some tongue-in-cheek humour in there as well, which is nice to see in a game like this.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Nckdictator posted:

T-Bone? Cyborgs? What?

T-Bone's the conspiracy nut that's also a Rob Zombie lookalike, cyborgs are probably another digital trip thing. They showed some of this stuff in a recent trailer for the season pass IIRC.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

I said come in! posted:

For the invasion part I got the impression that there's no name at all. Which is awesome. The whole point of it I think is that you look like an NPC, so it's like Assassins Creed multiplayer in that one regard.

Your name does appear if the person you're hacking manages to spot/scan you, as does your profile picture from what I saw of the leaked streams. All the other modes also have names floating above everyone's heads and stuff.

I'd hazard a guess to say that it will be Uplay names/pictures, since it's still going through Uplay even if you purchase it on Steam.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

I can confirm that "You're such a goon" is an exact phrase that an NPC texts to another NPC that says "I want to stab someone just to see what it feels like".

GOTY

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

It's starting to seem like I'm probably going to be the only person ever to like the driving in this. It's weird as gently caress, don't get me wrong, but it hits the right points and reminds me enough of Driver SF to satisfy me. On a side note, the particles that fly off cars if you even graze them are silly as hell, but I kinda love that.

I also really like the gunplay, I dunno. It's not the best it could be, but the sound effects are quick and punchy, some firefights feel genuinely dangerous even on normal difficulty, and the free running isn't the best I've seen, but once I got a hang of the controls (Though I'll never quite understand the rear end-backwards thinking that led to vaulting/leaping being bound to B and cover being bound to A) it feels a lot more fluid and controllable than a lot of other open-world games I've played lately.

My main complaints are A) Potential crimes are a tad repetitive, and I haven't seen anything yet where I just see someone with a crime/victim probability pop up on the profiler like in the earlier previews. B) The story is pretty forgettable, but actually borders on self-parody just enough that I can get through it. C) Story mission design is still not Ubisoft's strong suit. At all. And D) I gotta nitpick about the bigass reflective windows that have really low-res bitmaps assigned to them and nothing else. I know it would be incredibly intensive to make proper reflections for them, but they could still do a lot better than that.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

w00tuberjedi posted:

it seems that the few that are playing are of one of two camps. Either they really enjoy this game or they hate it. I feel like quite a few defending the game are doing it soley because they preordered and don't want to look like fools. The other half have some sort of vendetta against ubisoft. A middle ground is lacking. A think a consensus has been reached on the poo poo driving though.

Middle ground for a game like this is always lacking until like several months after release, hype exaggerates the polar extremes of an already fairly extremist-centric culture. It's best just to try to listen for the more objective parts of people's critique and figure out if you subjectively think it's worth the money, because you will not get reasonable discussion on either side of the fence.

I personally totally respect why a lot of people (especially a few goons in this thread) thoroughly dislike the game. There's a lot of janky weirdness and it's not particularly deep, it just has a bunch of neat, gimmicky systems to fool around with. I don't blame anyone for feeling fatigue from Ubisoft's constant use and streamlining of the same mechanics in every game, and though I think the game had some heart put into it, the fact that it's so nakedly designed to become a franchise could leave a sour taste in anyone's mouth.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Palpek posted:

Half of the people say it's mediocre and uninspired, half say they're having some fun but nobody really said it's amazing. I'm guessing you can like it if it clicks with you but it's in no shape or form amazing or close to being as good as the first trailers made it look. At least that's what I'm reading from the comments, I'm waiting for more opinions when it officially releases on PC.

Yeah, speaking as someone who's really enjoying it, I still wouldn't say it's amazing. By AAA standards it feels at least a little refreshing in some regards, but it's still pretty obvious that it's acting as an elaborate proof of concept for a proper sequel. It's not absolute franchise fodder, and it's certainly not as bland and underwhelming as the first Assassin's Creed could get, but they're still finding their footing and playing it safe in a lot of areas.

Also, I can now confirm that rescuing civilians from broken-down cars during shootouts is still a thing, but it can only be triggered when in a confrontation with enemies, and I'm not quite sure what actually triggers it. Still, gives you a bit of good rep and some XP, so that's neat.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Has anyone shown the supposed 8-player free-roam multiplayer yet? I'd like to know definitively what kind of compromises they made to make it run decently or whatever.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Hacking into routers so you can play with webcams is fun.

Until right after you hack some money the couple on bed start crying about the guy's cancer and a baby on the way.

I have nearly $200k, let me open their account and make a deposit. :smith:

I actually kind of feel like you should be able to do stuff like this, and without it rewarding you in any way. It would be a great way to tie into the whole moral ambiguity thing where you choose how much you care about otherwise meaningless collections of polygons.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Obsidius posted:

I think it's taking about 25GB space on the HDD which isn't bad, load times are good and rare anyway.

If it actually is, this kind of makes me curious about how the PC version only takes up 14 GB. I've definitely noticed that even High textures have a lot of bizarrely low-res ads and signs, some of which the cutscene camera even focuses.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Just watched a friend stream himself using a trainer (Yeah, trainers already exist before the game's even been released) to give himself infinite health, focus and ammo. Watching all those explosions and goofy ragdolls in slow-motion has made me realize how much I love the particles and physics in this game :allears:

Fake edit: Also, the best part of pretty much any open-world game is when its different ~emergent~ systems conflict and create hilarious unintentional results. Lack of polish is only really bad in games like this when it's gamebreaking/annoying.

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 26, 2014

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

cat doter posted:

There are grenades, but you can only carry 4. Probably pretty easy to make unlimited with a trainer though.

Sure is. Also there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many IEDs you can place, and you can shoot thrown explosives out of the air. Might link a highlight from the stream recording or something in a bit so y'all can see how ridiculous poo poo gets with infinite everything.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

To be honest the only thing I see in the E3 2012 demo that isn't in the actual game is a couple really minor details and nakedly scripted stuff (There was a comparison video with the initial showing and the uploaded version that proved exactly what was scripted about it, too). I don't know if the mission is still in the game (and even if it is it's probably scripted a bit differently), but yeah everything Aiden does and the way the civilains react to stuff is basically the same or at least similar.

Stuff still blows in the wind, streets are still lively and there's lots of different civilian smalltalk and animations. At worst the daytime lighting is a little more flat in the release version (Which I suspect is a result of the outdoor textures being designed more around rainy conditions). Hell, civilians even have clothing physics like Aiden does.

The outcry is mostly caused by hyperactive imaginations and rose-tinted glasses IMO. It looked like a prettier GTA with an emphasis on being an rear end in a top hat and people reacting to you being an rear end in a top hat, and it's still exactly that. Hell, the biggest disappointment I have with it is that the demo seemed to have some nice Bokeh DOF effects that I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anymore.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

It's almost like mechanics that work in some games might not work in other games because of their radically different pacing and structure that only shares a couple similar themes.

But yeah it is a valid complaint that the hacking and movement aren't as deep as they could be. They still did pretty well for a first try though, and it's not completely mindless, there's still some timing and strategy involved.

Also mod talk: Make a mod for a perpetual rainy night and maybe find a way to add some more of that sweet, sweet synth ambience to the open world and I will play this forever. Also maybe find a way to make a Rorschach skin out of the Darkman outfit, since Aiden's basically an even-dorkier Rorschache anyways.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

big duck equals goose posted:

also it would be cool if you could wear a fedora!

Afraid Ubisoft's got you beat there

IchGestalt posted:

But what if you could wear -two- Fedoras.

Aw jeez man I don't know if the engine can handle it.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Deviant posted:

Is uplay hosed up? I can't log in on pc or the ctOS app.

Seems that way. It's a big launch and Ubisoft have never been particularly competent with their servers, so it's no big surprise. I just find it funny that its currently more efficient just to use a review copy if you just want the single-player stuff.

Zaphod42 posted:

Typical Ubisoft, exactly as I expected. Story is slow as gently caress, and pretty boring so far. Can't wait until I'm 10 hours in and I unlock freedom to have fun :rolleyes:

I'd say WD is even worse than FC3 with its story missions. So many just force you into one playstyle or another just to add ~drama~ in a really hamhanded and lazy way. And when in the holy sweet loving jumping jesus tits will Ubisoft learn that tailing missions are worthless boring poo poo that shatters any sense of decent pacing?

On the upside, it seems like after Open Your World you can pretty much unlock all the fun stuff the game has to offer. Unless there's some more stuff later on I just haven't gotten to.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

leidend posted:

It's wildly inconsistent in every way, including graphics.

This, this so much. It's especially bad when you have to play on lower texture settings to avoid hitching, a lot of characters still look nice but then you see signs and ads and other attention-drawing textures that wouldn't be out of place in a PS2 game for how compressed and lovely they get. But at the same time, it has loving gorgeous particle effects, car reflections and lighting tends to look drat good, character models are by-and-large pretty great. But then, you have shadows that look hazy and weird at anything lower than Ultra, random street lamps not casting shadows, and a variety strange view distance/pop-in issues. Not to mention daytime in general just looking really plain and kinda bad.

The game doesn't look bad, though, it just looks inconsistently good.

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 28, 2014

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Man, that makes Borderlands 2 look like Monty Python.

Hey, let's not get crazy now. A neckbeard dev lazily slapping some plain text of awful memes onto signs you can optionally hack is far better than watching Anthony Burch jerk off for the entire tedious, long-winded run of the game.

You also get to murder a meme-spewing shitlord in the later part of the story, which makes Aiden look like even more of a hypocrite, but it's still pretty cathartic.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Man, I haven't gotten into one multiplayer game yet, nor have I been invaded. Even when uPlay seems to not be making GBS threads itself, trying to join my friends' free roam session usually takes me to a loading screen and then tells me that the "Game session is no longer available". Every. Single. Time. And trying to connect to anyone else is fruitless, it doesn't even have a proper average wait time anymore. Tried port-forwarding both uPlay and Watch Dogs, tried reinstalling both as well (clean install with new saves and settings and all), all to no avail. My friend has the same problem.

Getting kind of grating at this point. Then again, so are posts complaining about PC problems I guess.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

coyo7e posted:

XBox 360. cj coyo7e

360 might just be using XBL for its online, so that's probably why you're fine. Though it seems at least some people have managed to get into the PC version's multiplayer to some extent.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Randler posted:

I'm getting exciting new error messages for why the multiplayer does not work for me, though. Earlier today it said "Ubisoft Servers not available", while in the smartphone menu which was nice. Later it instantly told me to "Check my NAT type." when asking for targets. The latter is apparently now showing up for other people as well. (And for the record, I played with PPoE which works against NAT bitching in any other NAT bitching game.)

I guess they're trying stuff serverside at least.

PC? It seems like all the console versions are working by-and-large, but I still haven't been able to get into one game yet. Really sucks because I absolutely love the idea of the multiplayer

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

Is there a trick to disabling? My normal method of ieds and grenades won't work.

Also I know I got into making a playlist once, but I can't find it again...where's that menu?

Playlist editor is at the bottom of your smartphone menu (Media App), shooting out tires/blowing up steampipes/causing traffic accidents/straight-up crashing into the target vehicle are the tickets to getting convoy targets out of the car to knock down.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Well, after fiddling with some network nonsense, I managed to get an Avg. Wait Time of 1 min. for Hacking, got an offer to hack someone, accepted and then errored out. Now I'm back to Avg. Wait Time: Unknown and No Players Found. But uh, at least there's some kind of progress?

Maybe is some bizarro Canadian issue. I'd say that's not how things work, but you never know with Ubisoft's bullshit servers. I'll stop bitching now, though.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Do invaders always have purple profiles with their usernames attached? There was an ambulance driving around like it was trying to stay with traffic but veered off the road a bunch, and then sped through a fence and into a tree when I tried to pursue him, but his profile was just a regular name with DATA BLOCKED as his info. Every other time they've come up as players, so I guess either he quit before I could profile him or it was just a coincidence (and an NPC gone mad) :shrug:

Also yeah forwarding ports individually on both protocols and disabling Hamachi's adapter worked just as I had hoped. There's definitely some issues I have with the multi, but I forgive most of them for those brief but loving incredible moments of paranoia, tension, panick and stupid people being hilariously stupid. It's kind of a shame that it will probably die off in a few months, or people will figure out exploitable stuff, or, you know, they'll just outright cheat because it seems that there is literally no anti-cheat whatsoever in the game. Which is great for dicking around with friends in free-roam but kind of really lovely for invasions and decryption.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

How does this happen and how long did they work on this? I bought the game and am honestly enjoying it but how does a studio with so much money release a game in this state?

Because it's an open-world game? I don't know why people are acting really surprised/betrayed about WD having loads of weird crazy glitches when that literally always comes with the territory of making a big-budget open-world game with lots of unscripted physics stuff going on.

There are some bugs to get genuinely mad at, mainly some of the appalling game-breaking poo poo that wipes your save (which usually has to do with uPlay being the actual worst thing), but stuff like inverse kinetics bugs with Aiden's legs, confused driver AI and "panicked crowd" audio cues actually coming from one or two people is the kind of minor thing that gets overlooked in development and ends up being a bit of a laugh for the players later on. It's no real indication of the time, effort or money spent on the game.

However, uPlay has no goddamn excuse for being so loving terrible, that much is absolutely certain.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

coyo7e posted:

Doesn't the target leaving mean the player already MASSIVELY hosed up the approach to his target in the gang hideout?

Sweet gif of losing out on a pretty easy stealth mission and then "saving" it via a lucky hit and a glitch, bro.

Maybe make some youtube vids and add your own voice shouting HAHAHAHA THIS GAME IS SO BROKEN

Jesus, dude, calm down. He was literally complimenting the game and you still interpreted it as scathing hatred or something. I like this game a lot too, but don't go jumping at everything that might seem like criticism just because of some smug self-righteous jackoffs overblowing the flaws for the sake of contrarian anti-hype circlejerking or whatever.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Man, the ending would honestly be better if Jordi just shot Aiden and Damien in their boring faces, took Aiden's phone and then started toying with it for shits and giggles. It would be a way more interesting sequel hook than the loving barrage of franchise-baiting crap that's one step away from a "Ah, Aiden, this is not the end, for we are just beginning!" exchange.

On the upside, Ubisoft seems to like changing protagonists from game to game (excluding more filler-y games like AC:B and AC:R) and the last time they had a protag as boring as Aiden (Altair), they seemed to be aware of it enough to make Ezio way more interesting. And hey, Aiden's arc is pretty much over. He lost everyone he ever cared about by being a goony myopic manchild and has nothing to do now but "fight" the crimes springing up around Chicago, largely in vain. Not to mention the massive hook about ctOS going global, meaning both a new character and new locale.

Also, I feel like they missed a lot of stuff during script revisions, especially because there were a lot of bits of dialogue that felt incredibly out-of-place, even late in the game. I found it especially funny listening to Nicky's whole revelation that Aiden's the vigilante. Wasn't there an entire phonecall where Damien said he was exposing everything Aiden's doing (or all of his "trademark moves" or whatever) to Nicky? Doesn't the news almost always explicitly state "THE VIGILANTE, AIDEN PIERCE" whenever it refers to you? I mean, except for when it suddenly doesn't and calls you "ONLY KNOWN AS THE FOX" because consistency what's that? Even if it didn't, his iconic baseball cap and his dumb half-done-up trenchcoat over bad turtleneck that he wears everywhere and probably never washes should be a really obvious tell. I know that his outfit's probably a Sam Fisher glowing-goggles situation where it's there for the player to visually identify him, but to everyone in-game he just looks like an average Joe, which again, is kind of shattered by the news reports but whatever jesus this game's writing is wildly inconsistent.

Okay, story venting over, back to not caring about the story.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I gotta say, with how much Aiden dotes on those kids, I keep forgetting that they aren't actually *his* kids. Then the game reminds us that their mom is his sister, not his wife, and things get awkward and weird.

Yeah it really feels like they meant for Nicky to be Aiden's wife throughout most of the game's development. Her being his sister really does nothing but make that part of the plot a little tiny negligible bit less eye-rolling and infinitely more creepy.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

It's also good to keep in mind a lot of the tracks need to be unlocked by either hacking people's phones or completing missions. Granted, even then there's still only a few tracks worth listening too, but on the upside you can edit the radio playlist to only play those tracks anyways.

But yeah even with all the tracks unlocked it's pretty hilarious looking at the genre categories and seeing how skewed it is towards cheap "Punk Rock"/"Metal"/"Rock" that Linkin Park would be embarrassed by. You'd think a game like this would have more than a handful of electronica songs at least.

Also someone said way earlier in the thread that this game has Lazerhawk, but I haven't found any evidence of that, unless they're a part of the actual game soundtrack and not on the radio.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but it's something I have been wondering about for a while. People on the internet always seem to go off about how W_D didn't live up to the hype, but I don't really now what the hype was. Did Ubisoft make a bunch of outrageous claims about it that I missed or something? it always looked like a funish gimmicky GTA clone to me.

I guess the reveal footage made the hacking look deeper than it was, or the supposed graphical downgrade? I just don't get what people were expecting from it or why.

Overactive imaginations and unrealistic expectations are a big part of it I'd say. Also people for some reason bought into "next-gen" being anything other than a meaningless arbitrary buzzword and then acted betrayed when they realized that it's a meaningless arbitrary buzzword, hence people pointing out bugs that are in every open-world game ever and making it out as the worst thing since Aliens: Colonial Marines because of them.

Really the main thing is the graphical downgrade, which, to be fair, is pretty noticeable when the graphical fidelity was one of the main selling points of the game (And the current graphics don't look nearly good enough to justify the crap performance). The actual game was introduced with slow motion and shooting people in the face and big explosions and remote use-button hacks and literally nothing else to imply anything deeper though so yeah I have no idea what people were expecting there.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Tempo 119 posted:

Why is the main quest in every open world Ubisoft game (if not every open world game) always total garbage?

The people that make the main story missions in most open-world games seem to either not understand what makes those games truly enticing, or don't care and just want to use them as excuses to shove their oh-so-great video game story in people's faces. Or maybe they just lack the grace and design intelligence to realize that you can (and should only) remix the game's rules to keep things fresh, instead of outright breaking them just to seem "dramatic". Hell, even Blacklist pulled both forced-stealth and forced-action bullshit just to hamfistedly ~raise the stakes~, and that game was entirely centered around multiple playstyles!

Also, Watch Dogs especially highlights how Ubisoft really can't handle that whole "let's throw all of our studios at it" strategy as well as they like to think. Not only has it kind of homogenized the game's personality and bloated it with lots of boring fluff, it's also probably why the game is so wildly inconsistent in every way imaginable. It really feels like there was just no communication at all between some of the developers.

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 8, 2014

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

So some people found a thing while poking around the game's files.

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

ymgve posted:

And this is just bullshit taken out of context. That file refers to optimizations for the 360 and PS3. Both PS4, Xbone AND PC goes down the "who cares" path.

Okay, fair enough. Kind of suspected it was a knee-jerk thing but I'm a knee-jerk kind of rear end in a top hat like that :shrug:

Pierson posted:

Has anyone put the files into the directory and had no change? I know the mod asks you to go into your GamerProfile.xml and change a setting (from '_runtime' to 'ultra' or whatever), but the setting is already on ultra and I get zero changes.

Did you change Quality="_runtime" to Quality="ultra" or did you change id="_runtime" to id="ultra"? If you changed id, change it back to _runtime and change Quality to ultra. If not then I have no idea.

• Locked thread