Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Well, so far I haven't had a horrible experience with the game.
The game seems like a modern day assassin's creed with hacking and that's pretty fun in my book.
I do have two issues that are kind of annoying.
1. The speech dialog is really super low. I've got the sound maxed and I can barely hear it until I turn my speakers high up, but then of course everything else is blaring through the speaking too loud.
2. The game runs fairly decent until I get in a car and then it stutters and lags out every couple of seconds, causing me to crash into huge hordes of pedestrians and ruining cars.
this may be due to me having an older computer(i7 930cpu, gtx 580 video card, 6gb ram). I've turned graphics down to low, but no real change when driving.
Other than that, fairly decent game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

WastedJoker posted:

go to sound properties and set microphone to "Do Nothing" in the Communications tab.

Sadly that did nothing for the speech dialog, still super low

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Once they get the server issues fixed, I think the game should be pretty awesome. I've managed to play a bit of the multiplayer things, both on pc as well as the tablet and if it weren't for random disconnecting and waiting for a long time it would be really enjoyable.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So that was a hell of an ending.

I don't suppose anybody knows what the difference is if you leave Maurice alive in the end? Dude was pretty hosed up and didn't have much of a life to go back to anyway so i figured i was doing him a favor killing him

Actually if you just stand there listening to Maurice he will go through his whole spiel and towards the end gets very faint and can barely speak the last of the words and I assume dies anyway, or passes out I guess. I've just taken the stance that he died on his own anyway and it's all futile and the devs were just too lazy or rushed to put in that extra ending where you just stood there like a moron staring at him for a long time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVtc0BTjAw0&t=708s

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Strudel Man posted:

God drat, that super-gun that destroys a vehicle in one hit is the BANE of my hacking attempts. :|

edit: And my next attempt had me spawn in an empty train tunnel in plain view of my target, who shot me two seconds later.

I'd take bets that he did that on purpose. From what I've noticed in multiplayer is that right after you are done hacking somebody, within a minute or two you will get hacked back by some other random dude. (edit: PC version)
If you are put in a decent area you can book it to the next closest tunnel or island or some other bitch rear end spot that is easy for picking off intruders and shoot them nearly right away as they spawn or come running up.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Yeah out of all of the modes, I think tailing is probably the easiest to get ahead in with points. Though I have to say that I haven't done many of the multi-person hack modes so I can't really tell how decent those are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
You can also press ESC and if the world in the background is still moving then somebody is in your game

• Locked thread