Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

coyo7e posted:

Retailers offering cash incentives for special/exclusive content.

I want to say Ubisoft has always been bad about this, though. I recall AC3 having a deluxe edition, special edition, Revolution edition, Europe only special edition and the Ubisoft workshop edition.

Though yeah...that's pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm liking it so far gameplay wise, but the story seems kinda disjointed? Like they took an entire act out of the game at the beginning.

The hacking turning the environment into a puzzle is neat and refreshing. Also I'm playing this more stealthy and less "loud" compared to most GTA-ish games.

Also, the soundtrack is godawful, and yes, I have unlocked a lot more songs. The thing I always liked about GTA games is that I could find some stations I liked (Sleeping Dogs, too!). This is just a mess. I wish they'd just pull a GTA and let us add our own songs.

Do I have to beat Act 1 to get the player invasions?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I love invading people's games. They're like little impromptu games of Assassins Creed multiplayer.

I had a great run where I just hid in a TV van while watching the guy wander around a crowd, trying to find me. Got to 80% before he clued in to check the TV van.

After that though, I keep getting dumped into games where people are speeding down the freeway. Should I just follow them until they stop somewhere? I suppose you have, what, 5 minutes to start the hack so that would work.

Also is there a way, like in Assassins Creed multi, where I can interact with the environment (sit on a bench...) to look more NPC like? I've already clued into just walking instead of running.

I haven't been invaded yet, but you get a warning when someone is invading right? Also, how do I invade my friends games instead of random people? That's what I REALLY want to do.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ymgve posted:

Is it possible to unlock the ctOS tower in the northwest corner of Mad Mile at any time, or is it connected to a mission? I have no idea how I can reach the roof with the tower.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you have to go a few buildings over and then go from rooftop to rooftop using the awnings (?) as bridges. There's a couple ctOS towers like that.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

tardhat posted:

Am I the only one who wants Aiden's coat? I actually love it, especially in white.

Hey, its what you wanted!

Actually, I think its kinda cool too, but I'd never drop the cash on it.

It'd be fun to go to a comicon as Aiden: you could just stare at your iphone the whole time and be antisocial and you wouldn't be breaking character. :haw:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Running in crowds is actually a pretty easy way to spot a hacker, because they don't have the "fleeing in terror" animation that the npc's have in those situations. You just look for whoever's casually jogging away.

Still kinda baffled what with the AC: militi pedigree, there's no ability to truely blend in crowds or even sit on a bench in multi.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Feenix posted:

If you don't invade a lot I guess the pausing method is a good way to occasionally see if you're being tailed. However if you invade a lot. Do this;

After you finish an invasion, count to 20.

Someone's in your game. Like 95% of the time.

Is this possibly why it takes so long for me to get into a multiplayer session? That it's. It connecting cause someone is tailing me and already in my game? I mean, I get in eventually but it's waaaaay longer than the 1-2 minutes Ubisoft is telling me.

I've never caught a tailer yet, but just playing a few sessions as a tailer has made me super paranoid. Awesome stuff.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

Ok that sounds pretty reasonable then. Thanks

You can turn it off if you don't like it.

...but why would you? Its so much fun! More fun than the stupid story*.

*I feel like this game is missing a full act's worth of content at the beginning of the game. The baseball stadium (no spoiler, its the first goddamn mission) feels like a climax rather than an intro.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 2, 2014

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

leidend posted:

This is one of the better take downs I've seen

http://gfycat.com/EvenResponsibleHornbill

Ha ha, I JUST did this mission except I hopped cameras, closed the gate, and then blacked-out the district. Walked calmly up to the driver's side and executed the guy with my pistol. Like. A. Boss.

I like their technique better, though.

I do appreciate that there seems to be multiple ways to accomplish a goal. It always miffed me in GTA that if you're chasing someone, even if you shoot out their tires, they're invincible and faster than you until they hit the exact point Rockstar decided you can kill them.

This game says: Hey, if you can find a better way, go for it.

Screw driving all over the district after a guy.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 2, 2014

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

coyo7e posted:

http://gfycat.com/EvenResponsibleHornbill

Doesn't the target leaving mean the player already MASSIVELY hosed up the approach to his target in the gang hideout?

Sweet gif of losing out on a pretty easy stealth mission and then "saving" it via a lucky hit and a glitch, bro.

Maybe make some youtube vids and add your own voice shouting HAHAHAHA THIS GAME IS SO BROKEN

That wasn't my .gif :confused:

Also, yes, in most cases if the target is fleeing, you've done goofed, however that instance is a scripted fleeing character from a mission. As far as I know you have to chase him.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

One part of the drinking games is completely defeating me- the simultaneous keyboard/mouse segment. Any advice?

I did it by tapping lightly and quickly, but then again I only went for level 3 to get the shotgun.

Dont hold down WASD, just lightly tap em.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Holy poo poo I just played like 2 hours straight of Alone to get that god dang outfit :argh: Horrible loving frustrating game, but whatevs I've got that sweet black jacket now :downs:

Is there somewhere I can see the outfits you unlock for all the digital trips (I assume there's one for each)? The WatchDogs wiki ain't doing me no favours.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Are any of the QR codes gated behind story progress? Because otherwise I think I have a bug because I've done 15 but can't find the last one.

If its like the Arms crates collectables, yes. The last "item" is the mission you unlock, which is gated behind game progress.

Speaking of collectables, the missing persons. I have 5/7 (the seventh being the mission). Where the hell is the sixth? There's no icon on the map...so I'm assuming Pawnee? I found one in a cabin (Thanks trailing mission!). Is there another in Pawnee?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

How does the multiplayer figure out how many notoriety points I can potentially win/loose when invading someone?

I seem to get a lot where I'll get a measly 80 points but potentially loose 400+.

Also, I caved on the Season Pass, and Conspiracy! is quite fun. Conspiracy doesn't outstay its welcome like Alone did (it was 4 generators too long).

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

From playing the game I imagine there was a first act and more stuff was gated off, but then late in development they completely opened up the game world and axed the original Act 1.

Drinking games seem like they're supposed to open after meeting Tbone for the first time, poker after meeting Tobias. When you first meet Clara she gives you a new phone that she claims will give you more abilities (the mission implies it too) but I could already do everything the game claimed it was unlocking (EDIT: though it does unlock the ability to get high end skills, so there's that).

Same goes for crafting, digital trips...ect.

Don't get me wrong, I really like watchdogs, but it feels like the narrative was cobbled together from something bigger.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 10, 2014

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Sleeping Sigma posted:

So I've been looking around at this game (trying to also avoid spoilers) and it seems pretty decent.

Anybody here know if the gold edition on the PSN ($80) would be worth it, though?

Or should I just go vanilla edition?

Vanilla. Everything is in the season pass so if you really like the game get that too.

Getting gold + season pass = cross content = wasted money.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Fateo McMurray posted:

Have you been to Pawnee yet? Pretty sure the first story mission that introduces you there ends with you unlocking a ctOS tower, which will light up the last few things.

This.

Some (eg Gang Hangouts) you can find before that mission by driving around Pawnee.

In other cases, like with the Gun Crates, the final mission is introduced by a character you meet later in the story so obviously it won't be unlocked until you meet them.

EDIT: The Pawnee tower is one of the first missions of Act3.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So what outfits do you unlock for Madness or Psychadelia? Cause if they're not cooler than the all black Alone outfit or dark blue digicamo-black Conspiracy outfit, I ain't bothering.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

HoratioRash posted:

So the "trailer level" graphics settings were found in the game files. And reenabled.
Neogaf thread
Guru3d thread
Said download
webm 1 webm 2
Why was this done? Oh who can know TO keep graphics consistent across platforms - ps4 and pc.

Tried this.

Now, I can't say it completely reduced the stuttering (still happens here and there, usually when driving really fast through downtown) and I am running only on "high", BUT, there's a noticeable improvement in the graphics quality and absolutely no decrease in performance.

I'm not running a top of the line card, either. GTX 480.

I bet if I lower textures down from ultra, there'll be no stuttering.

This poo poo is ridiculous.

EDIT: Yup. That did it. Turning down textures to high, the game is completely smooth and I can jack everything ELSE to ultra.

I swear I fiddled with the settings before to get rid of the stutter and nothing got rid of it. Now its completely gone.

Figures I just beat the game a few days ago.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 17, 2014

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

comatose posted:

With that graphics mod can you still disable motion blur and dof?

Yes, and I recommend it for DoF. Even with the "improvement" from 0.6, it feels like Aiden seriously needs glasses.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

I assume you can't get invaded or anything when you're sitting in a hideout and/or paused, right? I left my xbox on last night and I'm worried. :ohdear:

Paused? Yes.

In your Hideout? No. The moment you step out, however...

Related story: I ended up getting a hack at the Bunker waaay before I'd unlocked in the story and had no way to rotate the bridge to get away.

Ended up swimming for a boat and getting away. :cool:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

CitrusFrog posted:

Apparently we're also going to be getting a new city sometime soon, and from the blurb I saw on the Steam news page it's going to be New Jersey.

The Tbone DLC? With a new character and a new area ALA Freedom Cry? I'm down.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So the new patch adds the ability to :siren: Hack your friends in multiplayer !!! :siren:

Also something about pooling people who disconnect from multiplayer so they can only play against each other.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So far so good with the DLC. The missions are definitely tougher.

Haven't unlocked a lot of the T-bone character skills yet, but as a protagonist he's waaay more likeable than Aiden and I enjoy his banter with Sheila.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

EightDeer posted:

Is there more DLC coming? The Bad Blood DLC was released with very little in the way of advertising, and it seems like Ubisoft's more-or-less written this game off, given the near-total radio silence since launch. Very strange for something that sold 8M+ copies.

No more DLC.

Par for the course with Ubisoft. They announce ALL the DLC at launch with the season pass and that's it.

Been that way since, I want to say, Assassins Creed 3?

• Locked thread