Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Supergiant Games' last game (Bastion) was amazing, but what if they've sold out? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

yes

but everyone will call it poo poo when comparing to to bastion because new things are scary to them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
bastion was real boring so if you liked that youll probably like anything thats pretty looking :)

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

bastion was real boring so if you liked that youll probably like anything thats pretty looking :)

fight me in real life

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

elf help book posted:

Bastion owned. although I will grant you that if there was no narrator at all, it might be pretty lonely and boring.

It's probably the best top-down Zelda that we'll never have.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

Bastion owned. although I will grant you that if there was no narrator at all, it might be pretty lonely and boring.

It's probably the best top-down Zelda that we'll never have.

It would still have been good without the narrator, but not as good or notable. the individual weapon mechanics and the path exploration mechanics were both still real cool. and the music as well.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
no clue, but bastion's composer is also doing transistor's music so i'm excited about that if nothing else

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
it looks good but i wonder how long Supergiant can survive with the "silent protag while Logan Cunningham provides exposition" gimmick

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
until logan cunningham dies

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
i know very little about transistor

is logan cunningham narrating the game ala bastion?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

it looks good but i wonder how long Supergiant can survive with the "silent protag while Logan Cunningham provides exposition" gimmick

probably for as long as call of duty continues being call of duty

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

No Such Thing posted:

probably for as long as call of duty continues being call of duty

judging from the performance of the last one that probably isn't going to be too much longer

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

people freaking out about call of spacey suggests otherwise

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

we'll see I guess

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

BloodWulfe posted:

no clue, but bastion's composer is also doing transistor's music so i'm excited about that if nothing else

i saw his band play live, they were pretty good

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i saw his band play live, they were pretty good

was it his set at pax prime 2013? cause i saw that too and it was really good

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

BloodWulfe posted:

i know very little about transistor

is logan cunningham narrating the game ala bastion?

he voices the talking sword, who is apparently the only speaking character in the game, so close enough

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

BloodWulfe posted:

was it his set at pax prime 2013? cause i saw that too and it was really good

lol

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Yes, Jenner.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

No, sorry. Love is over.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has there even been any gameplay footage of Transistor? I literally have no idea how it plays. But I preordered it because I am an idiot with a paycheck.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Looking forward to picking it up for pennies in a Humble Bundle next month.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bastion was repetitive as hell.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
it will be boring trash all over again

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i preordered it so it's guaranteed to be bad because that's how preorders work i give someone money they disappoint me it's pretty much the only constant in life other than death.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i preordered it so it's guaranteed to be bad because that's how preorders work i give someone money they disappoint me it's pretty much the only constant in life other than death.

Just like prostitutes, except you're the one disappointing them.
:drat:
:nattyburn:

qnqnx posted:

Bastion was repetitive as hell.

Mung Dynasty posted:

it will be boring trash all over again

elf help book posted:

WTF is wrong with you guys. :psyduck:

Man, Goons will hate anything.

Bastion seriously had one of the best soundtracks of all time and had really solid gameplay. It was an unequivocally good game.

I have also pre-ordered this game.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
:gb2games:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Jenner posted:

[/quote]

Bastion seriously had one of the best soundtracks of all time and had really solid gameplay. It was an unequivocally good game.

[/quote]

The gameplay was nothing new, the music was bland and I don't care about the narrator, as I hate all voices equally.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Jenner posted:

[/quote]

[/quote]

sorry to hurt your gamer feelings man, game is gonna be bad.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jenner posted:

Supergiant Games' last game (Bastion) was amazing, but what if they've sold out? :ohdear:

Transhitstor.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If the launch trailer is anything to go by: least the soundtrack will be good.

(I pre-ordered the game+soundtrack on steam)

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

No

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

bastion was fun for 5 minutes and then it got boring

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
you could roll through most of the walls in the wilds in bastion and break the scripting

can't wait to see the exciting bugs greg kasavin has in store for us this time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Liquid Penguins posted:

you could roll through most of the walls in the wilds in bastion and break the scripting

can't wait to see the exciting bugs greg kasavin has in store for us this time

you could also roll through most attacks and never be challenged

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

it's art man, you have to create your own challenge

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I played bastion for like 10 minutes and it was boring as poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i guess it just depends on the generation. if you're an ADD millennial born after 1995 where you're exposure was mostly PS2/Xbox era 3D games then yea I can see why people think Bastion is boring.

but a lot of grew up on isometric hack-n-slash games on the NES/SNES and bastion is a pretty excellent throwback to those while managing to have a new stylized artwork and sound (unlike a lotta indie games that taut retro-8bit graphic bullshit as being cool)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

i guess it just depends on the generation. if you're an ADD millennial born after 1995 where you're exposure was mostly PS2/Xbox era 3D games then yea I can see why people think Bastion is boring.

but a lot of grew up on isometric hack-n-slash games on the NES/SNES and bastion is a pretty excellent throwback to those while managing to have a new stylized artwork and sound (unlike a lotta indie games that taut retro-8bit graphic bullshit as being cool)

im like a million years old and still often play nes games you retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Actually I grew up with those same games. The difference is that I'm not a gay retard though.

• Locked thread