Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
/me scoffs at bastion and goes back to playing balloon kid on his gameboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

i liked bastion but some of the weapons/weapon combos made the game way easy

guess thats mostly self regulating though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

01011001 posted:

i liked bastion but some of the weapons/weapon combos made the game way easy

guess thats mostly self regulating though

yea you could always turn more of the statues on too

i dunno what to tell you guys who hate fun. the game isn't really that long so it ends before you get bored of the levels/weapons/enemies and it's pretty varied.

what indie ARPG games do you like better that aren't boring?

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Xaris posted:

what indie ARPG games do you like better that aren't boring?
The newer Ys games pretty much count as 'indie' and are good.

I liked Bastion too, though.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Xaris posted:

i guess it just depends on the generation. if you're an ADD millennial born after 1995 where you're exposure was mostly PS2/Xbox era 3D games then yea I can see why people think Bastion is boring.

but a lot of grew up on isometric hack-n-slash games on the NES/SNES and bastion is a pretty excellent throwback to those while managing to have a new stylized artwork and sound (unlike a lotta indie games that taut retro-8bit graphic bullshit as being cool)

I too had really lovely tastes when I was a kid

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Pirate Jet posted:

he voices the talking sword, who is apparently the only speaking character in the game, so close enough

Is he going to be more or less epic than Liralcor

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really liked Bastion because it had really nice weapons, there was a good variety of them and they all occupied thier own niche

Also the idol system for increasing difficulty owned and was the most clever part of the game

too bad all anyone ever talks about is the goddamned narrator

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

/me scoffs at bastion and goes back to playing balloon kid on his gameboy

is balloon kid going to be good? yes

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

You are a retard though
Actually, and this is gonna blow your mind, but its you whose the retard.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
It won't be mind blowing but having actual tactics/strategy elements will probably make it be good.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've played about an hour of transistor. It seems pretty cool and it seems that your character is much more customizable this time. The combat system is pretty neat. I hope it stays fun but I have been having weird stuttering issues when playing it.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

game is rly fun

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Case closed, I guess. Shut 'er down, OP.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I am enjoying this game I bought and you should all also go buy this game.

It is a good game.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Guys, I think this game is pretty.

Like, really pretty.

Also, the combat is pretty fun.

Check it out in real time!

PROTIP: Bounce + Purge + Shift = beat all encounters.
May not beat every encounter, use with discretion.

Edit: This is now a Transistor Gifs/Vids/Screenshots thread.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 3, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Transistor is good. The most important power is Jaunt. It's not the strongest or the flashiest, just the most important, because it changes all the rules.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

transistor is pretty

transistor is possibly the PRETTIEST

FactsAreUseless posted:

Transistor is good. The most important power is Jaunt. It's not the strongest or the flashiest, just the most important, because it changes all the rules.

jaunt won the game for me

I was down to my last power before death against the final boss, and he was one hit away from death too, all I had was Jaunt and Crash and his turn was up

so I jaunted across the entire loving field, had just enough Turn left to pull off a Crash, and nuked the last 20 bits of his health

eat that you smug loving math autist

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

i liked transistor from the start until you broke the heart, so that was about...an hour or so?

the rest was poo poo, and there isn't even that much of it to begin with for me to start subdividing the game into good sections and bad sections

worth getting for 3 bux in a humble bundle, not worth 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bleu posted:

i liked transistor from the start until you broke the heart, so that was about...an hour or so?

the rest was poo poo, and there isn't even that much of it to begin with for me to start subdividing the game into good sections and bad sections

worth getting for 3 bux in a humble bundle, not worth 20

bullshit, you're a liar, you're a saga frontier fan, you have a gross and undying lust for pretty backgrounds, needlessly complicated combat, short scenarios, and bleak endings

• Locked thread