Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

elf help book posted:

bastion was real boring so if you liked that youll probably like anything thats pretty looking :)

Bastion owned. although I will grant you that if there was no narrator at all, it might be pretty lonely and boring.

It's probably the best top-down Zelda that we'll never have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i guess it just depends on the generation. if you're an ADD millennial born after 1995 where you're exposure was mostly PS2/Xbox era 3D games then yea I can see why people think Bastion is boring.

but a lot of grew up on isometric hack-n-slash games on the NES/SNES and bastion is a pretty excellent throwback to those while managing to have a new stylized artwork and sound (unlike a lotta indie games that taut retro-8bit graphic bullshit as being cool)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

01011001 posted:

i liked bastion but some of the weapons/weapon combos made the game way easy

guess thats mostly self regulating though

yea you could always turn more of the statues on too

i dunno what to tell you guys who hate fun. the game isn't really that long so it ends before you get bored of the levels/weapons/enemies and it's pretty varied.

what indie ARPG games do you like better that aren't boring?

• Locked thread