Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Oh christ, here we go again.

Sorry but there is a bit of a difference between The Observer and something like this that doesn't cite a reputable source or has been reported elsewhere:
http://dailywrestlingnews.com/two-top-indie-stars-wwe-tough-enough-will-prince-devitt-used/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

DingoSlasher posted:

When was the last time someones debut caused this much of a tantrum.
I have no idea. It's hilarious as gently caress though.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'd love to see them put Steen on Tough Enough as a ringer and have them try to pull the poo poo they did with Andy on Raw after announcing him as the winner. Only Steen sees through it and assaults the holy hell out of Austin and Vince.

It would never happen, sure, but it'd be a hell of an angle if done right.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Oh christ, here we go again.

I don't know why you find it annoying that folks ask for sources when posters read https://www.xxx420rasslinnewzzzz.com and try to pass it off as legit news.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

I have no idea. It's hilarious as gently caress though.

I normally hate the trope of "See You Monday Night" but I think it applies here harder than anything.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I don't know why you find it annoying that folks ask for sources when posters read https://www.xxx420rasslinnewzzzz.com and try to pass it off as legit news.

Yea I don't have a problem saying 'there's some sources that, while not perfect, take their sources seriously and tend to not, at the very least, deliberately spread bullshit, and there's some that want clicks and they'll say whatever rumor they hear'.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The_Rob posted:

And I legit like bo Dallas a lot. He is at the very least competent in the ring, and he has a great gimmick.

He had a great gimmick. WWE is pushing the "motivational speaker" part too much. That isn't what made his gimmick so good in NXT. They also gave him a real shutty theme.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It's not that I have an issue with. It's rovert consistently getting angry about people "misusing" the word dirtsheet.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

It's not that I have an issue with. It's rovert consistently getting angry about people "misusing" the word dirtsheet.

Not angry at all. It is just annoying to use "the dirtsheets" as a reference. As I then have to look it up to see if PWInsider, Observer, Torch reported it then after that I have to find the newzsite that actually reported it. Even if you consider newzsites dirtsheets only one newzsite reported it so using the plural is silly anyway as you are claiming something is more widely reported than it is.

On this story in particular I am heavily invested in Steen as a fan so it was even more annoying.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Niwrad posted:

He had a great gimmick. WWE is pushing the "motivational speaker" part too much. That isn't what made his gimmick so good in NXT. They also gave him a real shutty theme.

His theme is fantastic are you kidding me? I think what his entrance needs is a giant eagle screech, and like a morning fog to come through the arena.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

DingoSlasher posted:

When was the last time someones debut caused this much of a tantrum.

No idea, but bitching about Bo's debut seems to be working with his gimmick

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

SirDippingSauce posted:

There's a browser plugin/extension called Ponify that changes any word to another word in its settings, so if you really wanted you could change "Bo Dallas" to a single space or filter it out entirely.

It's really good that you know what a browser extension called "Ponify" does, dude.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Big E account spotted.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Big E account spotted.

I used Pontify to remove the word "Langston" from posts :smug:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Prediction game round 2 is going up tomorrow. I'm doing Memorial Day stuff today. I'm posting the questions in the topic so you don't have to submit until you're good and ready, etc. etc. I'll cover all this in the topic when it goes up tomorrow.

Just giving an update.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So not sure if this was lost in the Bo chat or just never mentioned, but Cesaro vs. Sheamus for the US Title has been confirmed for Payback. A match I want to see again, but feel it does nothing for either guy coming out of it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

So not sure if this was lost in the Bo chat or just never mentioned, but Cesaro vs. Sheamus for the US Title has been confirmed for Payback. A match I want to see again, but feel it does nothing for either guy coming out of it.
Plus Sheamus is going to get the poo poo booed out of him sadly even though he'll put up a great match with Cesaro

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well maybe now he'll turn heel on the already a heel Cesaro who is still pretty much a face in spite of oh dear I've gone crosseyed.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DeathChicken posted:

Well maybe now he'll turn heel on the already a heel Cesaro who is still pretty much a face in spite of oh dear I've gone crosseyed.

Double turn! :shepface:

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Everyone's allignment is backwards!

The Bo Dallas era has truly begun!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Chokes McGee posted:

I used Pontify to remove the word "Langston" from posts :smug:

Why must you hate Langston Hughes so much?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Why must you hate Langston Hughes so much?

Who is Hughes? This post doesn't make any sense at all!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

Who is Hughes? This post doesn't make any sense at all!

You don't remember Jericho's bodyguard when he made his WWF debut?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Thauros posted:

You don't remember Jericho's bodyguard when he made his WWF debut?

Pfft, I was watching Mr. Hughes back when he was the enforcer for Lex Luger. :colbert: He was a like a pallet-swapped Big Boss Man!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, dude got skinny. He was gigantic back around the point he was feuding with Undertaker.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Edited - wrong thread. Fingers are too fat for the keyboard.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm pissed about Brad Maddox.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

mad about brad

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Brad Maddox being fired is the worst thing to ever happen to America.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Writer Cath posted:

This is what we'll be remembering on Memorial Day from here on.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
I'm more mad that Adam Rose hasn't used the phrase "Fight for your right to party" yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Writer Cath posted:

Ratings are gonna plummet!

• Locked thread