Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
And I legit like bo Dallas a lot. He is at the very least competent in the ring, and he has a great gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Happy 29th birthday to Roman Reigns!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

oldpainless posted:

Happy 29th birthday to Roman Reigns!

I'm a year older than Roman Reigns? Goddamnit.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Delsaber posted:

:(:respek::(

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Delsaber posted:

Look at it from a positive POV, you are 7 years younger than Alberto del Rio.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Delsaber posted:

you're six years older than Bo Dallas!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
You're also four years younger than Adam Rose, and 15 younger than Batista!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cardboard Box posted:

you're six years older than Bo Dallas!

And NINE older than Paige, who, AFAIK, is the youngest on the main roster.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Memento posted:

Stephanie McMahon thinks he's "attractive to women".

That'd explain why goons hate him so much :v:

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.

Shima Honnou posted:

15 younger than Batista!

Or in my case 22 years younger!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Batista fought in the Vietnam War when he was 25.

For the Vietnamese.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Action Shakespeare posted:

That'd explain why goons hate him so much :v:

I wonder how long until he starts saying he's a werewolf.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Gonz posted:

Batista fought in the Vietnam War when he was 25.

Is there a chance that Batista could be The Comedian?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Bo appears to be a better wrestler than his brother. I like Bray more on gimmick alone, but I'm optimistic about Bo.

I want to Bolieve.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

SylvainMustach posted:

Bo appears to be a better wrestler than his brother.

Are you serious?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Okay if Bo Dallas is inspiring PSP reactions this wide-ranging after a solitary win so far, I think it's going to work.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Bo is a good promo and very good at getting into his gimmick, but in the ring he is Not Good.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I have seen some bad Bray Wyatt matches but I've also seen a ton more good Bray Wyatt matches than Bo Dallas matches

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

TEGGS posted:

I wonder how long until he starts saying he's a werewolf.

this would be more fitting for Reigns, given that howling thing he does

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I missed out on the days of IRS - how would you compare Bray and Bo to their father in terms of character and gimmick vs. ringwork? I'm wondering how much he may (or may not) have imparted to his kids about working.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fatherdog posted:

Bo is a good promo and very good at getting into his gimmick, but in the ring he is Not Good.

He just needs some main roster experience. Look what it did for Erik Rowan!

quote:

*stuff about IRS*

Mike Rotunda was (still is, I suppose) a good technical wrestler and got his first major exposure with the Varsity Club in WCW. Rick Steiner, Kevin Sullivan, and himself all wore their graduating school's paraphernalia and hazed the poo poo out of people as amateur wrestlers. Rotunda wasn't anything super flashy—I mean, his finisher was a standing Samoan drop, of all things—but he was a solid hand in the ring and could put on decent matches.

What made him great, though, is he took a gimmick that could've been the most retarded thing in the world and owned it so hard that it's now legendary. From the suit that made him look like the Incredible Hulk in a tie to the briefcase to his entrance music literally being him ranting about tax cheats on the way down to the ring, IRS performed like a man who had zero issues portraying a wrestling taxman, and, in fact, thought it was the greatest thing on the planet.

I'm glad he eventually got paired up with DiBiase. It's probably the highest his career ever got, and it was such a natural fit between gimmicks and ring skills that the WWE was kind of dumb not to think of it sooner. Shame about the whole Hulk Hogan thing, though. :smith:

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 26, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Uncle Ulty posted:

I missed out on the days of IRS - how would you compare Bray and Bo to their father in terms of character and gimmick vs. ringwork? I'm wondering how much he may (or may not) have imparted to his kids about working.

He was dedicated to his character, but I can't remember any classic matches he ever had.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

He was dedicated to his character, but I can't remember any classic matches he ever had.

For some reason I remember him being a really good Dory Funk Jr. style mat technician in his pre-WWF days, but I'm blanking on where I saw any of this or what any of his good matches were. Might be a hallucination I'm having.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I have a picture in my head of the Varsity Club all being decked out in their college wrestler outfit stuff, and then Kevin Sullivan inexplicably being in his silly Taskmaster robes. Am I right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sprecherscrow posted:

For some reason I remember him being a really good Dory Funk Jr. style mat technician in his pre-WWF days, but I'm blanking on where I saw any of this or what any of his good matches were. Might be a hallucination I'm having.

He had a really good match with Luger too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

He had a really good match with Luger too.

I refuse to believe Luger was ever in any good matches.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He's had a bunch

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheJoker138 posted:

I refuse to believe Luger was ever in any good matches.

Yeah people were telling someone to check out his '88 Starrcade match with Ric Flair as an example of his quality. Watching it again, the quality of the match has very little to do with Lex, and in fact I'm pretty sure anyone could have had a good match with 1988 Ric Flair.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rotunda's most memorable match is probably his TV title match with Rick Steiner from Starrcade 88. It's the end of a really great storyline too.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lex's narcissist gimmick was silly but he made it work and bringing a full size mirror into the ring to watch himself flex will never stop being amusing to me.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Luneshot posted:

this would be more fitting for Reigns, given that howling thing he does

But Bo looks like the guy from Twilight.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Lex's narcissist gimmick was silly but he made it work and bringing a full size mirror into the ring to watch himself flex will never stop being amusing to me.

Does that make Tyler Breeze and his iPhone the new Lex Luger?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

He just needs some main roster experience. Look what it did for Erik Rowan!

Erik Rowan is probably better in the ring than Bo.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I always remember the Narcissist vs Tatanka from King of the Ring and it makes me laugh. It ended in a time limit draw and Luger objected.

Luger: These people didn't pay to see a draw, we should get five more minutes.

And then he KOed Tatanka with the death forearm when he wasn't paying attention. Tee hee.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Erik Rowan is probably better in the ring than Bo.

at least Bo has the excuse of being young and also going through WWE Developmental which isn't the best place to learn how to wrestle whereas Rowan is a decade-long veteran and still comes across as green

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm looking at wrestlers ages and poo poo, Me and Bray Wyatt are the same age :(

I'm starting to hit the point where I'm thinking "I'm Old"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm looking at wrestlers ages and poo poo, Me and Bray Wyatt are the same age :(

Kazuchika Okada is 26. Let that sink in for a while.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Memento posted:

Kazuchika Okada is 26. Let that sink in for a while.

poo poo! again, i'm 27 so I know i'm at a disadvantage already if my training works out but...poo poo 26 and already world Champion of Japan's biggest promotion :(

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 26, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BigRed0427 posted:

Be grateful you don't follow real sports where guys become stars in their early 20s and decline in their early 30s. Pro wrestling makes me feel young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

West007 posted:

Are you serious?

From his NXT matches, yeah. I mean, Bray's okay, but unless he's with someone carrying him he comes through as awkward. Maybe I should go back and re-watch some of Bray's much older NXT stuff, but his wwe work lately, Bryan and tag team/shield matches aside, has left a lot to be desired.

Edit; and if I have the wrong opinion or whatever, so be it. I don't want to start an argument.

• Locked thread