Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

I find it funny that people on this forum pine for the days when WWE was booked via a character bible and other actual scriptwriting tools and scoff that Vince threw that model out for being too nerdy, but really hate the fact that I try to put a big 10 minutes of thought into why the show is being booked the way it is.

Maybe I went overboard on Rusev, but considering people wouldn't shut up about nuanced Cesaro's "American's are fat," schtick was just because he's a way better wrestler than Rusev is I think I can be forgiven for trying to rub two brain cells together.

The problem is you're putting a lot of effort into something that is being done by a manchild often on a whim for literally no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sportsgenius86 posted:

The problem is you're putting a lot of effort into something that is being done by a manchild often on a whim for literally no reason.

You're almost certainly 100% correct and I am by-and-large wasting my time. But I find it fun.

It's not like I'm trying to opine on the hidden thematic relevance of Xavier Wood's use of internet memes and Damien Sandow's association with Comic Book Character Magento as a metaphor for modern class struggles. I just want to see if I can find logical storytelling in something where first glance says none exists.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I can't believe how much Barrett has done with this Bad News garbage. It was a nothing boring segment that he somehow spun into gold.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I find it funny that people on this forum pine for the days when WWE was booked via a character bible and other actual scriptwriting tools and scoff that Vince threw that model out for being too nerdy, but really hate the fact that I try to put a big 10 minutes of thought into why the show is being booked the way it is.

Maybe I went overboard on Rusev, but considering people wouldn't shut up about nuanced Cesaro's "American's are fat," schtick was just because he's a way better wrestler than Rusev is I think I can be forgiven for trying to rub two brain cells together.

Even when your points are good and make sense (very rare), you drag on. (Note I could have said "drag on and on and on", but that in itself would have been dragging on. Not everything needs 1000 words, especially when you can do it better with 40.)

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Sanguinia posted:

You're almost certainly 100% correct and I am by-and-large wasting my time. But I find it fun.

It's not like I'm trying to opine on the hidden thematic relevance of Xavier Wood's use of internet memes and Damien Sandow's association with Comic Book Character Magento as a metaphor for modern class struggles. I just want to see if I can find logical storytelling in something where first glance says none exists.

Halfway through this post you already typed so many words that should never be in the same thought as the WWE and Vince McMahon.

Just go watch the Union Jacks again and smile, it's better worth your time.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
RAWs don't go up on the Network for a while, eh. This is a thing I just learned. I was going to watch it, but I got an offer for a dinner out with friends and said EH I'LL CATCH IT LATER.

:saddowns:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Sweeney Tom posted:

Even when your points are good and make sense (very rare), you drag on. (Note I could have said "drag on and on and on", but that in itself would have been dragging on. Not everything needs 1000 words, especially when you can do it better with 40.)

In my experience when you try to argue something with 40 words people will tear you apart for not mentioning the 860 you thought should be implied by those 40. But whatever, I don't want to eat up anymore page space talking about my posting instead of my posts. If nobody cares, nobody cares.

To get back to actually talking about the show: Seth's match with Batista was really good and it makes me really sad that Shaemus keeps getting boos. Even Batista's boos seem to have mutated to actual heel heat rather than displeasure at seeing him. Shaemus just seems to have the crowd turn from the Rumble lingering on him like a bad smell.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
Alicia Fox is awesome and put the belt on her already.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Mukaikubo posted:

RAWs don't go up on the Network for a while, eh. This is a thing I just learned. I was going to watch it, but I got an offer for a dinner out with friends and said EH I'LL CATCH IT LATER.

:saddowns:

Everything good will be recapped for you on smackdown or main event. Solid, but no big angles advanced much.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Sanguinia posted:

To get back to actually talking about the show: Seth's match with Batista was really good and it makes me really sad that Shaemus keeps getting boos. Even Batista's boos seem to have mutated to actual heel heat rather than displeasure at seeing him. Shaemus just seems to have the crowd turn from the Rumble lingering on him like a bad smell.

It's so weird that they haven't turned Sheamus heel; it's a move that seems so obvious. Then again, booking in general is generally baffling so I should probably stop being so surprised.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

It's so weird that they haven't turned Sheamus heel; it's a move that seems so obvious. Then again, booking in general is generally baffling so I should probably stop being so surprised.

They are probably holding steady until they know Bryan's prognosis.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Roman Reigns posted:

Trying to cram the Total Divas storylines into the WWE shows aren't helping either. Natalya definitely got the short end of that stick from her "feud" with Summer Rae to what she has going on now with Nikki...which is really hosed up morally.

Like I said in the GDT, it's terrible that "Total Divas canon" is a phrase that exists.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Sanguinia posted:

so AJ can become the Diva's Brock Lesnar

Now that Alicia Fox is the new AJ, this should be the literal gimmick change. Four ounce gloves, warmup dance at the entryway, CAWWWW, the whole thing. Let's do this(???).

e: while I'm on the subject of divas, the news about Rosa Mendes being on Total Divas is both reasonable (because she's a total nonentity and it's an easy way to give her a character) and saddening (because it means she's gonna be in the ring more often).

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Solomonic posted:

Now that Alicia Fox is the new AJ, this should be the literal gimmick change. Four ounce gloves, warmup dance at the entryway, CAWWWW, the whole thing. Let's do this(???).

If only Alicia had been the one to win the title.

MY CLIENT ALICIA FOX ENDED AJ LEE'S RECORD-BREAKING DIVA'S TITLE REIGN ON THE RAW AFTER WRESTLEMANIA!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Reminder that AJ lost pretty every non-title match on RAW, often uncerimoniously to poo poo like whatever the Bella's half-assed facebuster finisher was called, before being carried out like an unconscious rag doll by Tamina. And at the same time went over clean on PPV after PPV. Granted she was a heel, not a face, but I wouldn't read too much into Divas booking from week to week or what it all means in terms of who is supposed to look weak or strong. I imagine it's getting like two minutes of thought by creative, if that.

Aside from Alicia's hilarious tantrums, which are great no matter what.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Reminder that AJ lost pretty every non-title match on RAW, often uncerimoniously to poo poo like whatever the Bella's half-assed facebuster finisher was called, before being carried out like an unconscious rag doll by Tamina. And at the same time went over clean on PPV after PPV. Granted she was a heel, not a face, but I wouldn't read too much into Divas booking from week to week or what it all means in terms of who is supposed to look weak or strong. I imagine it's getting like two minutes of thought by creative, if that.

Aside from Alicia's hilarious tantrums, which are great no matter what.

Also a reminder that most IC champions go through the exact same thing. It's just WWE being hilarious fuckups with titles.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Sweeney Tom posted:

He had a tldr version at the end of the post. Sometimes longer posts are funner to read specifically because they waste a lot of time.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

AJ at least had that feud with Kaitlyn where she pretty much always managed to beat her by jumping out of the way while she was charging like she was Spider-man and Kaitlyn was Rhino.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I'm sad to hear Rosa Mendes is going to be on my TV more because she's a bad wrestler with a stupid Marilyn Monroe thing that looks bad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

poo poo crowd booing Sheffield?
I'm not even surprised at the cockneys, just disappointed.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201405/wwe-ceo-vince-mcmahon-loses-350-million-third-his-fortune-one-day

Well so long to the Network I hope you enjoyed it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I didn't watch Raw but I did watch all of Silicon Valley which is really good so go watch that.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Vince held an investor call to give "a great deal of clarity" and did not disclose how much the NBCU contract was worth, how long it was, or how many subscribers the Network has.
This is far more impressive than anything on Raw.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Best part of raw was Erick Rowan throwing John Cena, who then proceeded to roll himself uphill until he reached the top of the ramp.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh my god the comments.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RBX posted:

Oh my god the comments.

A comment posted:

It's Miz's fault.

I can get behind this one.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
I just realized now that Summer Rae is back does that mean The Miz is also back because I only remembered him from reading the comments on that site.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Rusev still retains his record for beating up a minority in every one of his matches.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Do people not understand that that's not how stocks work and also it'll probably go back up soon anyway? gently caress.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Do people not understand that that's not how stocks work and also it'll probably go back up soon anyway? gently caress.

The stock is back at its pre bubble levels, it will probably hang out here for awhile.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No, no they don't.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The stock market is perhaps the most retarded thing in modern society. It can cause millions if not billions of dollars to disappear into the ether because one guy starts a rumor that said dollars might disappear that day with absolutely no basis for it. Of course they don't understand it.

I bet TNA Asylum is having a field day with this though. Knowing how that place goes they probably somehow think Vince losing some money will result in WWE collapsing them signing CM Punk.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stock only raised in the first place on the HOPE WWE would get subs and a awesome TV deal.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

The Network is going to continue to exist regardless of it's a financial winner for them or not. they may have to drastically scale it back, but they've put too much into it to drop it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

The Network is going to continue to exist regardless of it's a financial winner for them or not. they may have to drastically scale it back, but they've put too much into it to drop it.

They don't even have to drastically scale back the concept of it to make it more financially viable. They are blowing money on programming that realistically means nothing to the Network's bottom line. I don't think they'll add anything to their bottom line by airing a new season of Tough Enough yet, hey, they are for some reason. I'd say great but I doubt it will have Austin on it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

The stock is back at its pre bubble levels, it will probably hang out here for awhile.

Well okay but still, Vince didn't "lose a third of his fortune in a day", that's not how it works. Besides, when you get to like, 500 million+, it's literally more money than can be fathomed anyway.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well okay but still, Vince didn't "lose a third of his fortune in a day", that's not how it works. Besides, when you get to like, 500 million+, it's literally more money than can be fathomed anyway.

It's a really dumb article and contains no new news, that much can be agreed on.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Alicia Fox drenching herself with a fan's coke cup is literally the best thing about this raw, sorry shield.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil Canadian posted:

Alicia Fox drenching herself with a fan's coke cup is literally the best thing about this raw, sorry shield.

It feels weird to me to think a Raw even aired tonight. I watched most of the show and it made no impression on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I'm rooting for Alicia Fox now.

• Locked thread