Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
2001 Daihatsu Mira
660cc, 3-Speed Automatic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

sadnessboner posted:

This flips around from being dull, because I can't help but be intrigued about how a 45hp 3cyl with a slushbox drives :allears:

Well, at 100k miles, it still has a surprising number of ponies and torques. First gear is pretty short, but not as short as manual transmission versions. Cruising up a hill on city streets, it usually wants to use 3rd. If you floor it, it is unsure about dropping to second. Highway cruise speed is at an RPM you would only sustain in a rental car, and you pray no one forces you to slow down going uphill, because that is speed you will not get back even if you turn the air conditioning off (ask me about the time one of the 3 cylinders died in my WagonR). Drives like a go-kart until you add passengers, then you just console yourself with the fact that you are not walking and have AC.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

swenblack posted:

I drive a 2003 Chevy Cavalier coupe base model. That's right, the Cavalier that has no features whatsoever, and was only offered for sale to be able to advertise a lower base price. Manual windows, manual locks, manual seats, cloth interior... The worst part is that my father-in-law paid sticker for it as a graduation present for my wife over a decade ago.

That must be pretty rare now; most owners I know managed to roll their Cavaliers by now.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nissan Legacy or Subaru? I came to this from a manual Subaru Legacy B4.

Speaking of Soviets: I'd rather be driving a Trabant.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Betacord posted:

How about a Datsun Stanza in "beige"?

I bought it due to the dullness, I thought it was charming.

Consensus: currently in first place?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Friar Zucchini posted:

One might make the argument that a car cannot be dull if it is appallingly slow because that makes merging onto a highway an exhilarating experience. So I'd say that three-speed Kei car might not belong here.

Take a look at a map and tell me how common you think highway travel is. A 20 mile trip costs :10bux: , too.

E: map of Japan, that is

Corky Romanovsky fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I think this qualifies

1998 1.2 8v Clio
no power steering
no electric windows