Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
You guys haven't experienced dull until you've experienced this:

Peugeot 306 HDi Estate in the slightly fancier 'Slightly Blueish Silver' as opposed to just plain silver, this isn't mine because it's so dull I've not once bothered to take a photo. Dubbed "Monsieur Tourette" because of the noise it makes when snorting ez-start (forgive me father for I have sinned.) Related to the 306 GTi which was a reasonable hot hatch in its day, but by the time Peugeot had wedged the furious 90hp diesel lump up front and the boot out back it became about as fun as a wet blanket. It's got angry eyebrow headlights but I can only imagine the effect on any drivers infront is to inspure pity as this thing screws up its face trying to think of something interesting to do.

Infuriatingly for a French car it has very few idiosyncracies, except the janky throttle position sensor and radiator fans that won't run if the A/C system is empty. This loving think just keeps thrumming along in it's own grubly French manner, quietly ticking up miles at a very sensible rate, achieving good but not spectacular fuel economy and transporting up to 5 regularly sized adults in reasonable comfort without being too flashy or excessive (the only thing in excess here is body roll.)

It's not fast enough to be fun but not slow enough to be scary, and with the diesel mill you can't even wring it's neck to pretend you're going fast because it falls flat on its face above 3.5k RPM. The absolutely bonkers in comparison Citroen Xsara got an intercooler and an extra 20hp, but Peugeot thought that a bit outlandish and instead opted for a non-intercooled version of the engine. If I send my boyfriend into shops on his own he regularly has to search for me when he comes out, because this thing just loving disappears into the background in a busy car park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread