Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I haven't seen it yet but I'd like to issue a preemptive "I told you so" to everyone who told me I was crazy for looking forward to this movie.

I still think you're crazy!! :glomp:

Probably going Sunday and its good to hear its actually pretty good. I legit enjoyed the last Wolverine movie (watched it twice) and First Class was great. I still think Quicksilver is one of the worst costumes ever but everything else should surpass this.

Josh Lyman posted:

Glad to hear the CD opinion agrees with the 92% on RT. This will be the first theater outing of the year, first showing tonight in RPX, and I'm glad I made it this and not Godzilla.

Godzilla was great so you're the one who is missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Reading this thread, people actually liked The Wolverine? It was even worse than Origins.

This movie was good though I agree with someone else saying fake Nixon was really distracting and dumb.

You're in loving bizarro land if you thought Origins was at all competently made or entertaining (aside from the pre-effects version that leaked which owns).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This was merely ok. Nothing crazy and I got about as much as I expected from a Xmen movie. I was surprised that I liked Quicksilver the most as I thought he looked like poo poo (still kinda do, his design is loving amateur). I thought his scene genuinely funny. But yah, the rest was boring. I hated Singers stupid flashback scenes - felt like he was going SEE THIS IS THE REFERENCE! How many times did we need to be reminded that the army man was Striker? 3? 4?

Fassbender and MacAvoy were wasted. I thought they were much better in First Class. Oh well.

Dinklage as well. They did the best they could with the poo poo material I guess.

Who have they brought on for Age of Apocalypse? If it's Singer again I think I'll just skip it.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 25, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

scary ghost dog posted:

Why did Magneto's hat look so old and stony even though he refinished it at the end of First Class?

That seriously threw me off - suddenly it's this ancient relic thats been rusted by the sea. Also Wolverine calling everyone by their first name except Storm - its loving Ororo!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kangra posted:

Speaking of casting, I noticed that the guy who played the President is Mark Camacho.

This loving owns and is probably going over a lot of peoples heads.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blu-ray exclusive!

45 minute "Wolverine Discovers" - 1 on 1 with Xavier & Wolverine where he gets the information HE'S MISSED.

Special guest appearances by:

Rogue
Jubilee
Gambit (CHANNING TATUM'S FIRST)
Cyclops

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Most of those look like scribbles. But its a good story none the less.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Depends on how late the show is and if you've seen it before perhaps. I know when I watched The Hobbit 1 a second time with my buddy I fell asleep just before they got into the goblin caves. More so just dozing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Irish Joe posted:

No, Frost needs to be sexy if she's going to saunter about in her underwear.

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

• Locked thread