Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

The second option, and one I find more interesting, is that they may not have even been on the same side at all. Given what Kumori said about necromancy etc being able to be used for good, I think it's entirely possible that there is a Black Council operating that is not working as an agent of Nemesis, but in fact is opposing the Outsider forces. If you think about it, turning yourself into a demigod (via darkhallow) would be a pretty drat good way to arm yourself for defending reality.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, Cowl was working with Outsiders in White Night.

e: So I'm rereading Cold Days in preparation, and noticed something. Harry's headaches are caused by "the parasite", which people have been assuming is Lash. When Lily first talks about Nemesis to Harry, she describes it as "A disease. A parasite. A poison." Might just be a coincidence, but I thought it was an interesting word choice.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Captain Capacitor posted:

You mean this one? :)

"Bianca" is as common a word in the series as "Molly", "magic", or "wizard"? That seems odd.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

On that note, if Hades (the place) and Valhalla are real, does that mean that the Christian heaven exists in the Nevernever too? And theoretically, could you open a Way there if you find the right spot on earth?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Wachepti posted:

Maybe I need to re-read the earlier books but it doesn't seem that way to me. It seems like it's gotten worse.
As a single data point, I reread Grave Peril recently, and I swear there is literally not a single scene with Lea where her breasts aren't described. It's really weird.

Also, Butcher's definitely improved his characterization since those early books. Michael and Charity are practically caricatures.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Comixology is having a sale on the Dresden Files comics. Anyone know how they are?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

That made me look up when Skin Games came out and now I am sad.
Oh, it wasn't that long -- almost two and a half years? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

To add to that, even the models with a backlight have a soft diffuse light that feels more like you're reading a perfectly lit regular page than staring at a glowing screen.