Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Yassssss, new book new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Oroborus posted:

My kindle is like 4 years old and the warranty is well past due. They did offer me a discount on a new one but it wasn't a big one. I guess I will just use my phone to read on Tuesday.

What model is it? I have a first gen kindle that still works.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

fezball posted:

This (just finished Skin Game, thanks for breaking street date on new Dresden books three times in a row Amazon.de).

Shut your drat dirty mouth now!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Oroborus posted:

Kindle Gen 2, apparently the problem is i let the battery completely die so it can not be charged ever again

Apparently you can get a replacement battery kit for your Kindle, with instructional video: http://www.newpower99.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMAZON+KINDLE+2&Show=ExtInfo

Just depends on how handy you're feeling. :3:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Reading all these sperlers and not giving a gently caress. Got my book arriving at work tomorrow and my boss know I'm leaving AS SOON AS IT ARRIVES. :smug:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Just got my copy handed to me by the UPS man. I'm peacing out from work at 2 PM. :holy::q::dance:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
I see Shirley Henderson (Moaning Myrtle actress) as Myfanwy.

Also Joel Fry from Plebs as Peter Grant.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

ConfusedUs posted:

I still maintain that if the prequel had been written and published first, the series would still be alive.

Book 1 is confusing as gently caress if you haven't read the prequel. :(

SO TRUE :cry:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

ConfusedUs posted:

“How can you handle the supernatural in the most bureaucratic way possible?"

I would watch a Sorkin-style Rook series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

ConfusedUs posted:

I started, and stopped, the book twice. It was on my third try that I pushed through.

It was worth it, but god drat is the opening bad.

The first part of the first book takes a lot of time world-building in a very incoherent way. It wasn’t until my second read through that I could keep the characters straight.