Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

1st AD posted:

It wasn't just his improved striking, but drat he showed off some great skill in switching stances, feints, and even changing angles on the fly when coming in for exchanges. I've never really seen fighters do that in MMA, and even someone like Cruz just did really weird exaggerated movements whereas Dillashaw was moving really efficaciously.

Dude was moving and striking like he was made out of quicksilver and could see into the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

1st AD posted:

I've never really seen fighters do that in MMA, and even someone like Cruz just did really weird exaggerated movements

When presented with poo poo like Cruz's herky-jerky crap the commentators seem to barf out the word "elusive" until they pass out from exhaustion but it doesn't actually mean anything. It's sort of the same thing as travis browne's mash the buttons, movement without meaning

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Lloyd Boner posted:

On top of that he had the cardio to keep it up pretty much the entire fight and his wrestling when he needed a breather.

Yeah that's the other thing - Cruz usually has to clinch or take dudes down for a bit because he can't keep his pace up. You even see him huffing like Hendo late in fights.

TJ was moving like crazy late into the fight and even though he kind of made mistakes later on, he still had a really good gas tank.

It's just crazy to see his first 5-rounder go down like this with a seemingly bottomless gas tank and masterful footwork.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Bantamweight
Renan Barao
Eddie Wineland
Brad Pickett
Eric Perez
Michael Macdonald
Bruce Lee
Demetrious Johnson
Urijah Faber
Mike Easton
Dominick Cruz
Brian Bowles

drat, thank god Brian Bowles is in the new UFC game and not the champion of the division.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Well, it was the expected number of squash matches, but not all of the results matched with my bingo card.

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006

MagicCube posted:

Bantamweight
Renan Barao
Eddie Wineland
Brad Pickett
Eric Perez
Michael Macdonald
Bruce Lee
Demetrious Johnson
Urijah Faber
Mike Easton
Dominick Cruz
Brian Bowles

drat, thank god Brian Bowles is in the new UFC game and not the champion of the division.

Wait Bowles and Easton made the cut, but not Dillashaw or Assuncao? lol

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So Dillashaw/Assuncao II next prolly?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

MagicCube posted:

Bantamweight
Renan Barao
Eddie Wineland
Brad Pickett
Eric Perez
Michael Macdonald
Bruce Lee
Demetrious Johnson
Urijah Faber
Mike Easton
Dominick Cruz
Brian Bowles

Bowles I get, as he's been a fringe contender for ages. But Eric Perez? COME ON, SON.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

MagicCube posted:

Bantamweight
Renan Barao
Eddie Wineland
Brad Pickett
Eric Perez
Michael Macdonald
Bruce Lee
Demetrious Johnson
Urijah Faber
Mike Easton
Dominick Cruz
Brian Bowles

ahaha, Bruce Lee

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

MagicCube posted:

Bantamweight
Renan Barao
Eddie Wineland
Brad Pickett
Eric Perez
Michael Macdonald
Bruce Lee
Demetrious Johnson
Urijah Faber
Mike Easton
Dominick Cruz
Brian Bowles

lmao who the gently caress is Eric Perez. Looking at wiki I don't think he has any wins over guys still in the UFC.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

1st AD posted:

lmao who the gently caress is Eric Perez. Looking at wiki I don't think he has any wins over guys still in the UFC.

He's the guy with the lucha libre mask

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

T-Bone posted:

So Dillashaw/Assuncao II next prolly?

Dillashaw/Dodson
Dillashaw/Cruz

I don't think any other fighters have a real good claim to being a contender, might as well do one of those.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
lol that someone called brazillians pygmies

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

1st AD posted:

He replaces Werdum sometimes on the spanish broadcast.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

1st AD posted:

Dillashaw/Dodson
Dillashaw/Cruz

I don't think any other fighters have a real good claim to being a contender, might as well do one of those.

Are we that opposed to a rematch? I don't think it's likely, but by your own admission the contender list is kind of bleak in the absence of Assuncao and Cruz, both of which are injured. Discounting the fact that Dodson is a flyweight.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Dillashaw/Faber :laugh:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Hope TJ's first title defense is the San Jose card but that's probably too quick of a turn around.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

1st AD posted:

Dillashaw/Dodson
Dillashaw/Cruz

Yeah, these two would be much more preferable than an Assuncao rematch. Assuncao is deserving no doubt but the first match wasn't memorable at all, so they better stick it on free TV if they're going that route. But I'd pay to see Cruz vs Dillashaw.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I know calling things a "new era" is a hilarious meme, but man poo poo is different now. Lawler and Dillashaw looked like strikers I never thought we'd see in MMA. poo poo's weird and I feel weird and it's cool.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Daniel Cormier posted:

Yo, when I picked Dan up to try to slam him, he elbowed me and broke my tooth. He's got to be the strongest guy I've ever felt in the Octagon.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah, these two would be much more preferable than an Assuncao rematch. Assuncao is deserving no doubt but the first match wasn't memorable at all, so they better stick it on free TV if they're going that route. But I'd pay to see Cruz vs Dillashaw.

Their first fight sucked and TJ should've won anyways.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

nice

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

:unsmith: I hope they sit down and enjoy some Popeye's tonight.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Even in his worst performances Dan makes an effort to ensure his opponent does not enjoy a post fight slice of pizza

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Throwing his hero a bone.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
*checks fight play by play*

:aaaaa:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

Even in his worst performances Dan makes an effort to ensure his opponent does not enjoy a post fight slice of pizza

hahahahaha

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

Sounds about right.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Press conference is taking ages tp start

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Press conference is taking ages tp start

Yeah it's almost 2 am over here, I think I'm going to skip it and hope it wasn't worth it.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
They're making arrangements to airlift all TAM properties to wherever the gently caress Ludwig says.

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?
Am I too late for the shirtless Dougie dance party? TJ Dillashaw is the greatest fighter this retarded sport of ours has ever seen

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
post presser finally shows signs of life

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Still waiting for this loving press conference.

That card really needed that fight to be awesome too. It was a loving snoozer up until then (aside from Lawler and Cormier being clinical).

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Sick no audio press conference.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@jeremybotter 38s
Bonuses: FOTN Barao Dillashaw, POTN Dillashaw POTN Clarke

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Clarke won a X of the night. good

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@TeamAlphaMale
It's about to get crazy in Las Vegas #TeamAlphaMale pic.twitter.com/HkHBMVF3Y3

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Look at that big guy trying to get free drinks by pretending to be a TAM guy.
Fooling no one, even though the disguise is on point.

Rousey must be worried now TAM have broken the streak though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I keep forgetting DC is 35.

• Locked thread