Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VideoTapir posted:

He sees himself as the rich dude unfrozen on TNG whose first concern is his portfolio

Except that dude was good at something because he figured out the Romulans were bluffing at the end of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The great plains are the product of multi generational geo engineering projects from indigenous peoples.

No they are not.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Harold Fjord posted:

Did you even read your own wiki? not that it's a source but

Efb

That's not geo-engineering though.

Even using the wrong definition of geo-engineering, the Great Plains were a natural geographical feature modified to a certain extent by the various plains tribes and their ancestors. That's not to downplay their effect on the prairies, but as far as I've read they had nowhere near the same impact as, say, what human occupation of Europe did in terms of deforesting most of the continent.

EDIT: Ignore, me not read good today

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 24, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

Linking to broad overviews on Wikipedia that, now two-for-two, say the opposite of what you seem to be getting at, is not actually a good way of handling this discussion.

quote:

Climate engineering, or commonly geoengineering, is deliberate and large-scale intervention in the Earth's climate system

Oh :lol: I read that as "climate change". Jesus Christ I'm just gonna drop this and shame-walk outta here

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 24, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vahakyla posted:

Also manly Romans thought eating meat is unmanly in large quantities and that real bro dudes make their own bread.

This is one of those facts I like to use on overbearing paleo and low-carb types. The Roman Empire was built on wheat bread, fish sauce, olive oil, and vegetables.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 24, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah without tow truck drivers how would society survive :geno:

You know tow trucks do things besides repo, right? Like I had to have my car towed to a tire store when I got a flat.

Flag is still dumb as poo poo, don't get me wrong. It just seems odd to choose the one group represented who actually do something useful and not loving loss prevention.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SlothfulCobra posted:

It never ceases to amaze how weird Milei always looks.

He looks like he just stumbled off a bus from 1970s British crime show.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guavanaut posted:

Margaret Thatcher's secret final Falklands peace treaty condition was that a bloke with huge sideburns would destroy the whole society even worse than she did to Britain.

Five-time consecutive winner of the International Dress Like Gareth Thomas From Blake's 7 Competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Panfilo posted:

So uhhh basically this dude?

Note that in the sequels his descendant becomes the most statisty statist to ever state.