Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

VitalSigns posted:

The naive Libertarian will say that racism is impossible in the free market because markets punish irrationality, and it's only government that makes racism possible.

I've heard this in real life from minorities.

There will always be class traitors and thus all minorities who are just better than equally paid white people must be hired. When pressed on "what about poor education standards already existing", there is no answer. Once I had someone say "it's a small price to pay".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

DeusExMachinima posted:

As for Europe's UHC in particular, I can't make any conclusive statements besides that's waaaay more taxes that Americans would like to pay (ethics). But I would be very interested to see what changes they'd have to make to their budgets if the NATO gravy train disappeared tomorrow.

Americans pay more in taxes to fund their healthcare than most UHC nations so you're clearly chatting poo poo.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

if the US received the same premiums that are currently paid to insurance companies, the cost would be dealt with. Once implemented, we could examine premium costs vs expenditures and modify things accordingly. The US pays way more per person to insurance companies than any country with single payer pays, so it's very likely that premiums would start to go down in such a centralized system.

No, to repeat myself, the US already spends more tax money on healthcare than most European countries. You don't need to do anything with premiums. A change of law a a few years setting up the bargaining agreements are all that would be needed. poo poo, just hire some of the ex-NHS bods we fired for being too good at running UHC.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure the bears will cease and desist once they get the court order from the court that exists in our anarchist state somehow.

"THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE NAP" i scream from the jaws of an actual bear

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Panfilo posted:

What exactly do people mean when they say Neoliberalism? I don't mean the dictionary definition, I mean terminally online Twitter debate bro definition.

The Twitter definition is almost always the David Harvey one anyway. Liberalism is a set of beliefs that markets are better because they are the best way to distribute resources. Neoliberalism is the belief that markets are better.

One of these ideologies is historically capable of compromise under certain conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

"I can't believe the government require you to pay taxes on the 1% cut you take from nearly all of the online global drug trade"