Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

ijyt posted:

"Primaris Ancient"

YOU'RE BRAND NEW MOTHER FUCKER
X-post from death thread - I was confused by this but apparently it can refer to a standard bearer http://www.shakespearegeek.com/2011...lo-ancient.html

Can't say I'm a fan of the staypuff marshmallow captain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

GreenMarine posted:

Yeah that thing is sweet. I think I want to paint my bigmarines as pre-heresy Thousand Sons who have fallen through a warp hole or something. Just need a reason for why the flesh change wouldn't affect them...

So Blood Ravens then?

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

TKIY posted:

Everyone really needs to chill out about missing faction specific options. This is Ravening Hordes 2.0, all the special chapter/chaos god related stuff will come in the in-depth battletome.

As someone that didn't play 7th and is probably finally going to take the plunge into 40K did Alpha legion have any notable special rules?
Can't see anything like that skimming the 8th leaks.

Tossing up between Alpha Legion or going something like Imperial Fists/BloodRavens.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

JackMack posted:

The Ultramarines battle choir. You can't tell but the guys with the helmets on are singing as well.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Any UK goons interested in the Death Guard from the new boxset?
Drop me a pm :getin:

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

As someone getting into 40K at 8th edition, does FW rules mean they will be 8th compliant?

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Another post shows the full conversation about Blood Ravens and FW. It was only regarding Gabe :smith:

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
So two sets of marines from the new boxset is 1452~ points/70 pp. How awful is that for the base of a 1500 point army?
Obviously lacking stuff like armour/transports but curious to know thoughts from an existing player.

Part of me only wants to get the new truescale stuff and run it as primaris at the moment so I don't need as many models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
How would you guys suspect a Primaris list will hold out vs a horde?
Inceptors have got a decent bit pewpew but there's only 3 of them per squad.

(waiting for box to arrive to play first game of 40k)

• Locked thread