Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What's the Chapter that gets continuously poo poo on and has the worst luck. The Lamentors?

Don't they have barely enough marines to make a full company? It would be awesome if they recieved a boat load of Primaris Bigmars to fill them out and just eventually became an entire Chapter of kickass Bigmars through attrition.

Edit: poo poo, they're a Blood Angels successor Chapter, so would they be on the other side of the warp rift and unable to receive Bigmar reinforcement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What piercing blue eyes Bran Redmaw has.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh wow, bigmars dwarf the regular marines in the same way they should dwarf guardsmen in the fluff.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man these rules are so ugly, I can't even concentrate! I'm gonna need some pretty rules before I buy back into 40k and GW I hope you're listening.

Edit: sorry to break up Chaplain chat, I was a page behind

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 24, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

goose willis posted:

LEAKED: PRIMARIS CADIAN

Now I want a Primaris Sly Marbo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Who needs feet when you have faith in the Emprah.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Going to start a Blood Peckers army for 8th Ed.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Guardsman: Kick him in the nards! Kick him in the nards!

Commissar Yarrick: It doesn't have nards!

Guardsman: Do it, do it!

*Yarrick kicks the Ork between the legs*

*Warboss keels over in pain*

Commissar Yarrick: Ugulhard's got nards!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Seriously, if the Lamentors weren't literally the worst thing to paint (loving checkers and yellow armor) I'd go all in on a bigmar army of them.

Those dudes need a break. :glomp:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Lamenters have to be terrible or else I'm selling the ones I have.

If they ever stop being bad I'll buy those sad sacks off you and give them their forever home before bolstering them with Primaris.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Well there goes my idea for a Lamenters Primaris army. Who's going to bolster their forces when they can't even be bothered to show up and help Baal agaisnt Hive Fleet Leviathan?

You loving lazy cursed fucks.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It would have been awesome if the Lamentors had showed up along side Battle Fleet Deus Ex Guilliman.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Genestealers and Genestealers Cults are cool. Just wanted to throw that hot take out there.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What marines exactly are they interning into those bigmar dreads? Other bigmars? That's a fast turn around if that's the case.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Well at least the dude who leaked pics of plastic Demon Prince Mortarion months ago is still out there, right?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

susan posted:

And what's the odds-on favorite next Loyalist Primarch after the Lion returns?

Leman Russ.

(Awwwwuuuuuuu)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Bee posted:

"Awsome. Great paintjob, realistic feeling, sci-fi setting. What makes it a solid 10, rather than a 9.5, is how this speaks in a way dioramas has never done before. Great, great job!"

What the gently caress.

For those of you who think this is not art, and who think this is way too heavy for the medium, think a little. Plenty of artists have paintings or sculptures that contain nudity, from the Michelangelo's statue of David to many of Picasso's works. Many artists also portray violent and horrible acts like Gentileschi's Judith Beheading Holofernes or Franciso Padrilla's Rape of Sabines. It is in the portrayal that these are still considered great art, they are not meant as 'cool' or 'funny' like some of you jackasses seem to think. It is meant as a thought provoking piece to make us second-guess what we do. The saddest thing to me is that if this was painted on canvas or done by one of the masters (van gogh, picasso, devinci), you wouldn't call it 'sick' or 'disgusting'. In fact, most of you would probably applaud it as a beautiful and controversial work of art. Please keep up this level of depth Nakatan!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Can I presume Grey Knights don't get any of this new hotness, and life continues to be suffering?

It's assumed everyone gets the new hotness.

Except those motherfuckers the Lamenters.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

General Olloth posted:

I mean I'm pretty far into this right now so I'm pretty nuts anyway.

Fully magnetized to deploy as Obelisk + C'tan or Tesseract Vault

That's looking sick as hell.

For a while I considered buying just the tran c'tan by itself off eBay but I could never find it from a seller at a cost that was ever worth it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I really do not get the logic behind the scope on the new Bolt Rifles. I had originally just thought they were placed like that because of the scale of the sculpt or something but nope, the scope really is placed right behind the iron sights which blocks them entirely.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

Remember this guy?

It works the same way: vision through pure faith.

Haha holy poo poo that Sigmarine.

I guess this way there's a fluff reason for the moments when humanities ultra-finest miss their shots.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So what I'm gathering here is that 8th won't be faster because everyone currently plays Chaos and uses Obliterators and because of the new rules for them hams everywhere are going to be rolling zillions of dice.

Or is it that these rules for Random Everything Obliterators are subtle indicators that this kind of poo poo will be common to many units and thus will make 8th more of a slog than previous editions?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm still hyped for 8th. I didn't even play 7th!

Ain't no death thread ham-hatin' no-math goon gonna bring me down!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I... might definitely be doing Bigmarines at some point.

Helbrute? More like Helcute! Lookit that widdle guy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I might actually have to get a Monolith now.

General Olloth posted:

Gravitic
Always measures distances and reaches from and to the helmet of this miniature, even if it has a base.

Can someone explain this one to me?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Der Waffle Mous posted:

99% sure it's supposed to say "hull".

OK ya, that makes more sense, so...

quote:

Gravitic 
Always measures distances and ranges from and to the hull of this miniature, even if it has a base. 

Cool.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Zuul the Cat posted:

Is it just me, or do Necrons seem like they're going to be absolute monsters on the table?

Seems that way and I'm coldly stoked.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

General Olloth posted:

So do you measure from bases for weapons? It doesn't really even say. What about vehicles that don't have bases? Only the monolith as a rule about that.

I waited for the advanced rules to ask but uh... it doesn't say.

The Ghost Ark has the Hovering rule too where you measure ranges from the hull. Oddly the Doomsday Ark doesn't and neither does the Obilisk or Tess Vault.

Other than units with Hovering I'm assuming you always measure from the base, though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

This guy is trying SO hard to talk it up like its an amazing value

But it just really doesn't work

I think these are dice...

OOOH! NO THEY'RE TINY METAL SKULLS!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arkhan Land is awesome and he's seen some poo poo. poo poo you wouldn't believe, man.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Serotonin posted:

Getting ready for 8th. I'm not a anime week boo honestly

https://twitter.com/amrypooins/status/871048999817662465

Sometimes it's easy for me to forget there's a little Tau pilot inside each of those suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Guilliman: "Father, the Imperium is failing and everything is a mess. What do I do!"
Emperor "Son, I want you to find as many young boys as possible and pump them full of your genes"

Without fail I read this in the electronic voice of If The Emperor Had a Text-To-Speech Device.

• Locked thread