Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Arven posted:

I watch Matt's batreps religiously, but can't stand anyone else on that site.

Does anyone else do batreps in the same style as MiniWargaming? Every other batrep I have ever watched (with the exception of that Ork one that added sound effects and graphics) has always just given an end of turn results for both players with a rundown of what happened. I like to see the dice rolls and hear them go over the rules. It makes me feel like I'm playing 40k and not stuck at work watching youtube.

Wargaming For Fun does, and Ade and Andy are both fairly likeable. With a few exceptions (like the recent End of Times fantasy special character ones or when Andy was running the R'varna/O'vesastar) they're generally not powergame-y lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Foul Ole Ron posted:

He has his odd opinions I do not agree with yes, I think he is wrong on what scourges could do for instance. Overall I like how picks up on what the army does well, not just repeating the old min/maxer line of how the DE are garbage without allies (though I do agree they need allied support to be a strong competative army).

Talking about Djinn blades, I firmly beleave they were part of the Archon nerf to promote the new Coven supplement. Why the hell would you pay 30 points for a lovely daemon weapon clone.

His whole null deployment gimmick he was doing for a few battle reports was an interesting idea.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

ANAmal.net posted:

Hi I play dark angels, they don't have a single 30k model and their 40k codex is garbage welp cya *flies out of thread on overpriced piece of poo poo land speeder that has a church on the back*

Serves you right for playing secret-Traitors.

(Luther was the true loyalist.)

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Added to these in case you have a 30k player in your area, I'd rate Adeptus Mechanicus as High-Tier and Legions and Solar Auxilia as Middle-Tier.

For curiosity's sake, where would Astartes Legion fit in there?

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
Does anyone know if there's any third party (or GW ones, I'm not fussy) small tracked units suitable for making weapon servitors?

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Wow, that's almost exactly what I was looking for. Cheers.

ChrisAsmadi fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 14, 2015

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

It's been a bit, but there was something about the Blood Angels codex I wanted to talk about : No build-your-own Chapter Master. I'm not complaining here, we still get Dante and Gabriel Seth (And Malakim Phoros), it just came as a bit of a surprise. I know the Dark Angels and Space Wolves don't have that option either, but they don't have Successor Chapters. Well, Dark Angels say they have Successor Chapters, but they act like a legion anyway. On the other hand, Blood Angels have successor chapters popular enough that they have 3 unique Chapter Masters. Between this and the move of Chapter Masters to the Lord of War slot, do you think the Codex Space Marines might lose the generic Chapter Master?

While I don't think they'll lose it, I wonder if it'll be the first generic character Lord of War we see.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Ghost Hand posted:

Yes you can - but they are way more interesting in 30k to be honest.

Plus the 30k list gives them a way to actually deal with Flyers.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Uroboros posted:

Is there a good way to overcome this? Using a big blob of cheap units to tie them up? Or something like drop pods to get the jump on them?

Wouldn't a Culexus Assassin totally hose them - or at the very least, create a large zone they can't really afford to go into?

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Big Willy Style posted:

My bet is that they will be distinct units for the most part. Ghost hand talked about this earlier, but the last fw models that gw took to use in the main line were the valkyrie and trygon which annoyed the fw crew. I assume because it would have killed a heap of their sales, and mechanicus is 30k is super popular

Equally, though, I imagine any Skitarii infantry type units would work as Ad-secularis Covenant count-as.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

So apparently Khorne is getting his own codex supplement. Maybe each Chaos god will eventually get a treatment?

It's almost certainly happening just because they just released new Bloodthirsters and needed to release 40k rules for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

I'd imagine Skitarii, Myrmidons, Magos/Archmagos, and a handful of war machines. Probably servitors too.

I imagine they'll do plastic Servitors and Techpriests, if only because those have some cross army appeal.

• Locked thread