Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is loving rad and has "lictors" written all over it

My mind went to the same places and I got really excited for a second.
...but only for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

If a vehicle charges you, I wonder if that locks you into a combat with it or it's just a 1 round thing like before.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Master Twig posted:

One of my friends pointed out that you can now use your vehicles to absorb overwatch.

Want to charge a unit with flamers using your acolyte hybrids? Charge that goliath in first.

Yeah, good idea. Unless you're supposed to resolve overwatch against all chargers before moving anyone in, then I don't think you can get around it.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

When is this Q&A that's supposed to be done today?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Looks like the stream is up, but you have to be logged into Facebook. I'll just wait for other people online to summarize it.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Floppychop posted:

I swear to god if they change the name of Orks.

Nigmos comin' atcha

Can't wait to consolidate into another combat, that's good poo poo.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

That's what I thought, but I wondered if there were some elite IG or Tempestus model in it I didn't know about.

IG techpriests wear power armor. Dunno if I'd call a techpriest a regular human though.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Finally Power Swords will actually be worth taking! +1 Attack is not really what I imagined a Chainsword doing, but I won't complain about them finally getting some effect.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

They straight up said in Fridays q&a that Tyrant Guard just take the wounds for the tyrant.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Can Hormagaunts advance and charge in the same turn, or is it unique to Genestealers?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

play mirror matches

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

What are command dice and why the hell would you pay 20 bucks for them?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I cant believe you still stand still like an idiot if you fail charge range.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I wanna see some Primaris assault guys. Seems weird that we haven't seen any at all. A full unit of eviscerators or something would be rad.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I don't get the NPC race thing; would you be happy if they just wiped out a whole faction?

gently caress yea

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I wish they'd give us Vulkan. Guilliman and Russ are lame.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Do we know what 2 pairs of Monstrous Scything Talons even does? I was under the impression that the usual Carnifex build was a pair of Crushing Claws and a pair of Scything Talons, but I came in after the days of the Carnifex.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

xtothez posted:

Here are the earlier leaks that seem to tie up with these point costs:

So comparing 2 Scything Talons pairs against Crushing Claws + Scything Talons comes down to do I want Str6 and re-roll 1s to hit, or do I want Str12. With so much T7 and T8 showing up now, I wonder how useful Str6 would even be.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

The Bee posted:

Checking the webstore, Carnifexes (Carnifii?) are Elite instead of Heavy Support. Thankfully, there's an all-Elite detachment too, so same rules apply. Bad news is that means no thropes, but the good news is it means you can bring along a Trygon to babysit your gaunts or a Malceptor to fill the psyker role.

Eh, Venomthropes only benefit Infantry now anyway. Fill that Elites up with Carnifexes and then put a bunch of Exocrines or something in Heavy Support and go nuts.

Adrenal Glands on monsters (or anything really): worth it? They're +1" to Advances and Charges. I'll probably put them on my Hormagaunts, at least.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

General Olloth posted:

On second thought I will just cede all points and not argue about rules in this thread.

Here is a cool rear end C&C mammoth tank conversion I just stole from going to reddit.

Let's talk about how loving rad this is.

EDIT: I just got a strong urge to do Brotherhood of Nod imperial guard...

the technology of peace

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

drat, the Tyrannofex doesn't have a 2+ save anymore? Guess that means there are probably no 2+ saves in the entire Tyranid roster, then. Not sure if the Acid Spray or the Rupture Cannon would be better now.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

TKIY posted:

Do we have Tyranid Warrior stats yet?

I haven't seen them, other than the fact that they're 20 points per model before weapons.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Haven't had a chance to read; if I want to spawn Termagants with a Tervigon, do I need to set aside the points for them?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I made a random Tyranids list that I'm going to use in my first test game of 8th edition. My buddy will probably be using Necrons, maybe Tau if we play 2 games. I'm really just trying random stuff to see what it's like, but here they are.

Tyranids 1 (1000 pts)
Hive Tyrant w/ Monstrous Scything Talons, Heavy Venom Cannon, Adrenal Glands, Catalyst power
30x Hormagaunts w/ Adrenal Glands
Lictor
3x Zoanthropes w/ Neurothrope, Onslaught power
5x Raveners w/ Rending Claws
2x Carnifexes w/ 2x Monstrous Scything Talons, Bio-plasma, Adrenal Glands
Mawloc

I was going to burrow the Raveners just to try that mechanic out.

I made another list as well just to try out some other stuff, but I don't know if we'll get the chance to play a 2nd game.

Tyranids 2 (996 pts)
Broodlord w/ Catalyst power
15x Genestealers
15x Genestealers
3x Hive Guard w/ Impaler Cannons
Maleceptor w/ Adrenal Glands, The Horror power
Biovore
Mawloc

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

goose willis posted:

My Tyranid friend (who doesn't post here) has the following questions about Tyranids in 8th edition:

- Are the venom cannon and/or heavy venom cannon useless?
- What is the best warrior layout, shooting-focused or melee-focused or all-purpose or what?
- Is an army based off warriors (with a Tyranid prime) and carnifexes (with Old One Eye) viable?

He hates genestealers with a passion and refuses to use them or anything involving them. Strongly dislikes gaunts of any variety. Also, he doesn't like to use the really giant monsters, like anything bigger than a carnifex. He might bend on a hive tyrant, but he really, really likes warriors the most and wants a Tyranid prime HQ. Would consider using flying units. Loves ripper swarms.

I think dual Heavy Venom Cannons on the Harpy looks pretty decent now, but I haven't had a chance to actually test it yet.

Tyranid Warriors are pretty cool with dual Boneswords and Devourers. They can do a little bit of everything and are still pretty cheap. Plus, the Prime buffs both their shooting AND melee hit rolls.

That's all I really know for now though.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Have there been any rumors of new plastic basic Chaos Marines/Havocs lately? Khorne Berzerkers as well. I'm curious about doing a themed World Eaters army but I would never attempt it until those awful models get resculpted. I do like the new plastic Kharn a lot.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Here's a list of random crap I wanna try out that I'm running Saturday. The Hormagaunts are riding with the Trygon Prime.

Raveners: Do I run them across the board or burrow them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

The Saints are always the answer.

• Locked thread