Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Sneaky melta rule preview as well. AP of -4 and roll 2D6 for damage at half range, pick the highest.

e: Super cool that combi-weapons are no longer one-shot.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

After painting the Warriors I posted a few pages back, I've been figuring out how to base the army. Decided to match the scheme of a friend I play against, but with a little Tyranid-style twist. The quick photo washed out some of the colour (the brown is certainly lighter than this looks) and I've still got some grass and details to add but I'm happy with how the goo turned out!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

That's pretty sick dude, how'd you do the goo?

I mixed Genestealer Purple with some water effects to form the pools underneath the slime, then I used a glue available here in the UK called UHU which I mixed with the same purple and then strung out across the base. The glue and paint don't get along well so it took a bit of playing about to get it to work. Once it was dry I washed it with Druchii Violet to give it some depth and gave it a bit of a highlight to make the strands stand out. Was actually pretty quick to do.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Yeah, think of summoning less like spawning random poo poo alongside your 2000 points and more like reserves you can choose on the fly.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 13, 2017

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Artum posted:

Well... hello there :gerty:

Probably just a conversion :v:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

xtothez posted:

Working Trygon tunnel rules... this truly is the End Times

This is glorious.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

No Escape is cool and good.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

chutche2 posted:

So what do you think the odds of a 5th edition imperial armor character that was never given a model has to being ported to 8th edition

Vaylund Cal is the only character the iron hands has :(

God drat, I hadn't thought about this. My Raptors army isn't going to be quite as fun if Lias disappears.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Sykic posted:

Considering it has been more than a while, I'm open to suggestions on how to make the rest of these Thousand Sons look better than this one.

Looks awesome. Definitely do the base before you pass judgement. A desert base could look cool both thematically and also to make the model stand out. If you still want to do more, consider adding another highlight to the blue. The highlighted areas look good but another lighter layer would certainly make them pop.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I imagine it'll fall under the same rules as other combats i.e. you can withdraw but you won't be able to shoot and charge. Then again maybe vehicles will have a caveat about withdrawing.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Consolidating into another combat confirmed!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

Power Fists are -1 to hit now

E: You can select psychic powers now or uh, roll on a table for them if you're a loving moron (for some reason, they expect people to do this)

To be fair you can do the same with wargear in AoS and I've done this in pick-up games a few times just to see how it alters my play style.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

The Bee posted:

Trygons get multiple d6 melee attacks.

:awesome:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Hopefully FW will chuck all the PDF versions of the rules on the website ready for release. The books can be handy but if you've got a tablet you can just save a bunch of PDFs or print them off or whatever.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Huge change with regards to the Fly rule mentioned on the linked image. Minimum move not being possible or it taking you off the board edge meaning the model is destroyed/abandons the battle.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Yeah these indexes appear to be a better version of the old 3rd edition rulebook, which had basic rules for all the available armies in the back since the rules changed massively from 2nd edition.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I think the worry is that dataslates won't actually be free, based on the responses on Twitter and such.

Speaking of dataslates: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

NPC army focus: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/25/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-orks/

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

There are a few knocking about but it's on a big list of "take with a pinch of salt". The one I want most to be true is the rule that Carnifexes don't degrade as they take wounds :unsmigghh:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Yeah, that's how it works in AoS as far as I can remember. Replenishing units up to their original size doesn't cost you anything. Creating new units uses points from your reserves allocation.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The reinforcement points section? It says anytime you create a unit or add models to an existing unit, so it's definitely going to be an issue in some games.

Where does it say about adding models to an existing unit?

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Warhammer 40000: Everyone in this thread is being a massive baby about something.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

They could well be, though I imagine their fairly limited range on weapons and slow movement speed might allow them to get outgunned or outmanoeuvred. Just need to pick your fights well and focus units down.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Base Trygons are 175, Trygon Primes are 214, Mawlocs are 165

They're pricey, yeah. But seem pretty beefy too?

Still cheaper than a Tyrant or Tervigon.

Couple of pages back but I priced up a base Trygon at 164 (103 for the model, 60 for the talons, 1 for the toxinspike). How'd you get 175?

(Apologies if you addressed this and I missed it)

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

ro5s posted:

You've missed the bio-electric pulse.

Which is the big problem with the new points system really, it's ok for marines or whoever with fairly basic/standard wargear options, but it's a massive pain for anything like a TMC with multiple loadouts and a bunch of uniquely named equipment. I've been transferring a few of my lists over to 8th points values and I constantly feel like I'm missing paying for stuff.

Ah poo poo, of course I did. Probably wouldn't have been an issue had I waited until more than just the price list and my lovely memory were available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Every time I go to build gaunts for my upcoming Tyranid list I'm reminded how utterly soul destroying the kits are to clean up. I would probably pay someone to do it at this rate.

• Locked thread