Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I have the book now if you have any specific questions.

Also I did this because I hate myself and everyone around me, but I especially hate money: :vomarine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
There are 4 pages on super heavy vehicles alone so that 6 pages thing is definitely bullshit. I guess maybe you wouldn't call that all new rules but still it's new to the BRB.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

ijyt posted:

Are there any changes to jetpack troops and cover?

Both look to be the same.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I could be reading this wrong but it looks like you can bring as many detachments as you want and each detachment can be a different faction. You choose one to be your primary. So you can for instance have a Space Marine detachment with 1 HQ, 2 Troops, and 3 Heavy support, and also an IG/AM one with the same FOC, and also a Tyranid one with the same FOC all in the same army(points allowing). They just have to obey the allies rules. So the allied detachment from 6th is only necessary if you only want to bring 1 troop selection instead of 2 for your secondary detachments.

Also it says that there will be more detachments in upcoming codexes and GW publications but the book only lists the regular and allied detachments we're already familiar with.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
There's actually a DKoK armored company list in one of the IA books so I don't think it would be out of place at all to run a DKoK army with a ton of tanks.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Barrage was changed so you can't fire inside your minimum range if you're firing indirectly. You can still fire within minimum range if you're firing directly though.

So those manticore missiles actually ARE insane now!

Destroyer weapons do D3 wounds/HP on a 2-5 to wound and D6+6 on a 6 to wound, no saves allowed on a 6. All saves allowed on a 2-5(are there any D weapons with worse than AP2?) and no wounds on a 1.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 23, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

FrickenMoron posted:

So basically the new edition is just a FAQ with some minor changes and the psychic phase thing? I dont think I'll ever get back into the game as long as the random assault distance thing exists.

It's basically a bunch of tweaks, the psychic phase, 8 new terrain datasheets, a really neat new changing objective system, new missions, and improved writing and organization of the rules. It's not a big rewrite of the rules like 6th was but besides Smash getting nerfed everything about it seems pretty good. Well everything besides having to buy a new rulebook after 2 years. If they released the standalone rulebook for like $25-30 I'm sure it'd be very well received.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 23, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DO IT TO IT posted:

Isn't this how it was before? Honestly can't remember.

That's how it was in 5th I think but they changed it to be the other way around in 6th.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cooked Auto posted:

Kinda yeah, even the costs shipping from the UK are kinda hefty when it comes to ebay.
And using Swedish Ebay doesn't garner much luck either since the few tanks that come up there get hiked up in price rather decently because they are somewhat rare.

Or I just need to be more daring with my bidding but then again it's hard at times to justify bidding high for a tank and risk at making it cost more than just buying one of a store or something.

If you're looking for plain old LRBTs I've got a bunch I'll sell you for $20 each plus shipping. It's what I bought them for. I'm in the US but I won't charge you more than the actual cost.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
What exactly got better about walkers aside from the vehicle damage table?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I haven't had time to examine the rulebook too hard but just at a glance I can find a couple places where they talk about forests and other things in generic terms.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
What was the point of the free pivot anyway? Turning in the movement phase doesn't count as moving so unless some weird out of turn thing happens or you change your mind about what you want to shoot between moving and shooting then it was pretty pointless.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Yeah random allocation and/or selection is stupid and takes forever, I wish they'd cut that poo poo out.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
They're never labeled afaik.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
FAQ will probably make that not possible but for now it's totally legit as far as I can tell.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Sulecrist posted:

Do you think the 7th Edition changes generally justify non combi-weapon kit for Marine Sergeants and the like?

What changed in that regard?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
FWIW the book says there will be new FOCs in codexes and such.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Fix posted:

I did have a commissar shoot down a Dakkajet with a bolt pistol though, so I really won the game in the end.

Paging discount_bees to the 40k thread! This needs to be illustrated.

So what do you guys think of Ordo Hereticus inquisitors now? They can take a Null Rod and Psyocculum for 25 points each. Psyocculum makes the bearer and his unit BS10 when shooting any unit containing a Psyker. Null Rod makes the bearer and his unit immune to all psychic powers(including friendly) and is AP3 with Instant Death vs any Psyker. Psyk-out grenades are standard wargear and make any Daemon or Psyker I1 during the first phase after they're assaulted by the inquisitor's unit.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Fix posted:

I was using this model:

For his duty he has been given the name Heresy Ford.

While he does look more like Harrison Ford I think he might be more of a Tom Hanks type:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr9a80BsRDE

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I love all of you and you should stop fighting.

:vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Fumble posted:

Only if I can vote for that guy that use to come up with 40k rule sets for Power Rangers and the Incredible Hulk.

Lmao what was his name? He posted a thread doing the same poo poo in GBS(1.0) and I think he eventually got banned because of it.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
perhaps some sort of comp system to discourage people from bringing overpowered units

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Dagon posted:

Hide magnets in the walls of your ruins and in your tanks, drive up the sides of walls :getin:

This is literally in the fluff for Taurox Primes. Seriously. They can magnetize the tracks and drive upside down if they need to.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

BobFromMarketing posted:

So we are doing a random pick kill team thing at my local shop and given the relatively low point value I figured it would be a good attempt to learn 40k. I already plaY WHFB. I randomed necrons for this and the rules are 200 points, 0-2 troops, 0-1 elites, and 0-1 fast. I am sort of at a loss for what will work well in this as necrons are pretty alien to me. Any suggestions?

C'tan Shard with Entropic Touch.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
That'd be really lovely. Spend hours freehanding a cool skull only to have some random dude tell you you've just put a big NAZI sticker on your forehead.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

OB_Juan posted:

Vomit Marines? :vomarine:

Best purchase I've ever made.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
oh my god I'm so loving tired of the bitching about IT'S CINEMATICS LOL and NARRATIVE FORGING!

cool we made up an explanation for GW's design process now :regd08:

do you even play or paint or do anything besides cry into your tyranid codex 24/7?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Panzeh posted:

Look at this guy whose hobby is buying GW products.

suck it poors :smug:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'm on my phone so plug that into Google or something.

99.3%

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

BULBASAUR posted:

I thought Daemons and Imperial factions can't ally now?

They just have to obey the allies rules. Can't deploy within 12" of each other and have to take a test if they start a turn within 6" of each other that makes it so they can't do anything if they roll a 1.

The chart got more restrictive but allies as a whole are a lot more flexible now.

I take it Astropaths are worth taking in IG command squads now? A warp charge and two Telepathy powers for 30 points.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 4, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

PantsOptional posted:

I don't care if they make new models although I would probably ally them in if they did, I just want to be able to find the transfer sheets again.

I've never done it but if you can find a good scan of the sheet you can print your own if you buy the right paper.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Fix posted:

Tonight Yarrick punched a Carnifex into a black hole.

God Emperor bless that wonderful man.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Are heavy chainswords even in any of the codexes?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
They have stats in the 6th and 7th ed rulebooks but GW never seems to remember they exist when they write codexes.

They even took eviscerators away from priests in the AM codex.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
dude works at an independent game store

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

SRM posted:

I think after so long people just want to win so bad they throw caution/care/thought to the wind.

It's that and Australians that'll still be getting it cheaper if they pay a little over US MSRP+shipping.

I've paid $30 for a single IG trooper but at least he was that super rare crouching Steel Legion dude.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Post 9-11 User posted:

(Even has an ejector slot, wry?)
:goonsay:

Why wouldn't it?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
There are a shitload of official GW bolter models with ejection ports and even shell casings so I guess it's settled. Of course you can always go with the standard explanation of there being many different patterns of everything the Imperium makes so there are both kinds.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Is the triangle a safety? Brother-captain Negligus is known for accidentally firing his weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cataphract posted:

I thought autoguns were analogous to modern day automatic weaponry and covered a wide range of guns.

Autoguns are usually caseless and a little more advanced than modern guns. Stubguns=20th/21st century guns.

• Locked thread