Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Arbite posted:

So did Dark Eldar gain anything from this new edition? Well, anything apart from being able to take stuff that isn't Dark Eldar?

You gain the lovely changes to the already bad and unviable assault rules, if that counts :v: I hope you like failing to charge units 1" away.
I made a bet with a friend that there won't be any FAQs in time for our nerdclub on Monday night, I think it's safe to say that I'll be getting a free bourbon because GW won't be in a hurry to do something that doesn't involve :shepspends: especially since they booted the FAQ/Errata section off their own website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'm not sure I read that battle report right, but can you really make a superheavy your warlord? That is unbelievably stupid and another way to gently caress Tyranids and Orks who find it harder and harder to kill vehicles with each new rulebook and codex.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Escalation and Superheavies have been officially rolled into the standard FOC, so yep. I hope you brought your Baneblade!

I know that Lords of War are in, I thought that only a HQ model with the 'Character' rule could be a Warlord though. Is that really gone? Can I really no longer deny Slay the Warlord by fielding Tervigons as my HQ choices?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SRM posted:

"We can't stop here, this is bat flying manta ray country!"

Daily reminder that those flying manta rays are more capable of manning quadguns than Tyranid Warriors. I'm honestly surprised that GW haven't nerfed Tyranids in a FAQ yet but since it's been so long since a FAQ was last done, it looks like SitW and Dominion will still be old and busted for quite a long time.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

So, I might be giving 7th a try with my GK against Tyranids. Would I be a terrible person to bring a Land Raider against him? I was thinking of having a mix of Divination and Sanctic psykers so I can try to score 3++ saves on my better units. What other gimmicks can I pull to show my gaming group how horrible and unbalanced 7th edition is? The only sizable armies I have are Tyranids and GKs so I can't abuse daemonspam even if I wanted to.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Oh boy, have I got an example of Dakka stupidity for you

quote:

Well Nids seem to be one of the big winners with 7th Ed so here's my take at 1850:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Grey Knights are weird right now, aren't they still a 5th edition book and 6th edition added in what Psychic Disciplines they actually have access to? I am not familiar with the whole issue with them. I know someone brought it up that Grey Knights lost their ability to get Divination now or something to that effect because of the change from 6th to 7th.

I do know that because their vehicles count as ML1 , then that adds Warp Charge to your army so if you have a decent number of vehicles you get more Warp Charge.

Also, you can fire Witchfire and still fire in the Shooting phase.

Sanctic has a kind of lovely except against Daemons psychic power so that kind of blows but really you just want to roll on it to get loving vortex.

I can't see anything preventing GK access to Divination, but I may be wrong. Is it still only the GK Librarian that gets to roll on BRB charts, or can squads get a single roll on a chart of their choosing as well because they're P.Bros?

Fix posted:

Grey knights were designed for 6th, iirc. They had non-independent characters and brotherhood of psykers and all kinds of things that seemed strange at the time.
If only Tyranids were designed for 7th, they came out only 4 months before the new edition and if anything, they have a ton of stuff that makes less sense in 7th ed. It's not a case of Necrons having heavy vehicles with no rules for them or special snowflake wound allocation when using a certain character's weapon.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Um... I think Grey Knight Rhinos can cast Vortex and other Sanctic powers. I have to investigate this further. The rulebook gave all psykers access to Daemonology, Psychic Pilot counts as a ML1 psyker, previously the only Psychic power available to them was Fortitude. The reason they couldn't take any Disciplines before or any other powers and had to take Fortitude was that that was all that was available to them. Now they have access to Fortitude and Daemonology.

Well uh... That's something. So my 40 point Rhinos can now turn into mini Vindicators?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Until it's FAQ or working as intended, probably. I can't find anything in the main rulebook, in fact it says vehicles can use psychic powers and that Psychic Pilots count as Psykers, and Psychic Pilots for Greyknights count as ML1. Previously they had access only to the Psychic Power : Fortitude. Now the Psychic Powers they have access to are Fortitude, Daemonology : Sanctic.

I'm argue about it elsewhere I'm sure there is something that stops this.

I hope so, because that's just stupid. Hilarious, but stupid :v:
Where does it say that GK Psychic Pilots can roll on the Sanctic chart? Can regular GKSS/GKTs etc roll on BRB tables, too?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

It's in the 7th BRB, all Psykers can choose Daemonology but Grey Knights can only choose Sanctic, Daemons only Malefic. No other charts though.

Isn't there the big chart in the BRB that tells us the power availability? From memory, the psychic cards had a card chart showing GKs could use everything except Malefic and Telekinesis I think. The 6th ed book stated that only GK librarians could roll on the BRB charts so I was wondering if there was something similar, but if it's all psykers* then that's awesome for me.

*Excluding Tyranids

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Squifferific posted:

I don't suppose anyone has any idea how Shadow in the Warp is supposed to work? Are we just going to have to wait for a FAQ? Near as I can tell, a -3 penalty to Leadership in the old Psychic rules is kind of (?) the same as requiring 5s instead of 4s on a test now.

This is based purely on nothing at all, and I have zero math to support this.

It still works, just not very well. Any psykers, Bro-hoods and psychic pilots are at -3 leadership in general, so it does nothing to stop psychic powers going off, it just makes 2/3 of the perils chart more likely to happen. Not in line with the established Tyranid fluff at all, but it wouldn't be the first time their own background material has been ignored in the rule-making process.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Bavius posted:

So I hear alot about this daemon summoning daemon poo poo, but what about land raiders filled with bloodthirsters? I want to see the coolest combos (not necessarily the cheesiest) that battle brother transports allow now.

Better still; Bloodcrushers :getin:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Cataphract posted:

So does the new smash attack rule mean you also forgo your bonus attacks for charging of for having additional CC weapons.

The 6th version said you halved your attack characteristic but the wording of 7th version says you can make a single smash attack and I spose it is somewhat ambiguous.

It sounds like Captain Sicarius' coup de grace attack; where you substitute your normal attacks for a single strike. It's a really, really stupid nerf and it makes life that much harder for Tyranids who now have an even harder time trying to crack open vehicles with the smash, flight-mode switching and vector strike nerfs, and in an edition where people can have 7 Land Raiders in 1850 points, it's not looking good.

I don't mind the idea of having multiple Combined Arms detachments to have an army that is mostly heavy support etc. It's a nice throwback to old Chaos Iron Warriors lists which is pretty cool. Lords of War in normal games is stupid though, and Imperial Knights should get the IA treatment.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Lungboy posted:

This is what I was expecting to see in the main book from the wording in the Combined Arms detachment. Having new ones in extra books makes sense, but is a little disappointing.

You can kinda pull it off, you just need to pay the HQ+2 troops tax for each detachment, so you can have your mostly-FA, Elite or HS army.

Or you could go with the new Tyranid go-to army list; 2 Hive Tyrants + 20 Termagaunts, repeat until out of points.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Holy son of the Emperor, that Grey Knights FAQ :swoon:

-The Aegis allows you to reroll ones for DtW
-Reinforced Aegis allows you to reroll any failed DtW rolls
-Librarians, GMs, BroCaps, Coteaz and Draigo can roll on Divination, Pyro, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Sanctic charts
-All other GKs always know the :sparkles: new and improved Hammerhand :sparkles: and Banishment
-Purifiers have the above powers, plus Cleansing Flame from the Sanctic chart
-GK vehicles can't use Vortex of Doom (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!), but have Banishment and Sanctuary

Downside: Teleporting your Land-Raiders is gone, and the Brotherhood Banner now does next to nothing (no auto-pass force weapon activation anymore)

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tyranid Errata/FAQ posted:

FAQ: none
Yep, 4 months later and we still have nuclear Pyrovores. Good job, GW. Good job :downsbravo:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SRM posted:

I don't mind seeing Heldrakes taken down a peg personally. They're probably still pretty dangerous, just not as much so. I don't like that the new FAQs invalidated Space Wolves and Blood Angels psychic powers though. They're all generated from the rulebook now. It makes sense for consistency's sake and it's just a stopgap, but it kinda bites in the interim.
e;fb

It's the same thing for everyone, GKs all had their powers substituted for the BRB ones too. I miss my old GK librarian, there was nothing quite like teleporting an immobilized Land Raider across the battlefield to get better LOS.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Germ posted:

As a Chaos player, I'm totally fine with the Heldrake nerf. A significant drop in power, but it's still a really useful model for the points.

What I can't believe is that Shadows in the Warp is left unchanged (and therefore, useless). Then again, I reckon Tyranids getting shafted should really stop surprising me.

Eh, it's better than it being full of blatantly un-necessary nerfs like the last one :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

I don't think you understand the people that play this game, or the target audience of those videos.

Didn't you get the memo? Plastic space mans are the height of fashion now. Neckbeards have to start wearing smart casual with fedoras so they don't look out-of-place with the supermodels and celebrities when they come into the store to buy their new Orks.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Anyone else see that GW reversed the whole Heldrake has 360 degree thing back to having Hull Mounted. Lotta tears over that one. Also I like that they gave Orks a FAQ even though their book is out in a few weeks. Sisters got nothing though .

Oh and Space Wolves apparently lost all of their Psychic Powers.

Not just Wolves, but everyone who had psychic powers that aren't in 'lolrandom chart' format.
Heldrakes getting nerfed takes the sting out of Crones being useless now. It'd suck if the Heldrake got to heel it's 360-degree torrent flamer when Crones only have a normal template. Suck it CSM, mine can still fire backwards! :dance:

I'm a little confused as to why anyone would bother using Sanctuary on GK vehicles, the 6+ invuln isn't really that good unless you roll forewarning with one of your other psykers and cast that on the vehicle too. 3++ Land Raiders and Stormravens, here I come :circlefap:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Greyknights kind of got a bit of a buff honestly with being able to take Biomancy, I don't think they previously could. All their units are Psykers so they'll always get a good amount of Warp Charge.

They couldn't before, and they can't now. It's Sanctic, Divination, Pyro and the two Tele charts. Telekinesis is nice, but I don't think I'll use anything other than Divination/Sanctic personally.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I like random objectives and the idea behind mission cards. I bet there's some nice middle ground you can house rule to play for beerhammer.

The idea someone mentioned earlier about choosing a handful of maybe 10-15 cards that fit with your playstyle could help it out, otherwise you're just as likely to get the 'take the enemy objective' against a Tau gunline as they are to get the 'successfully cast a psychic power' one.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tequila Ranger posted:

The old Grey Knight Hammerhand power explicitly could be stacked, can the new +2 Str Sanctic Hammerhand stack as well? Nemesis Halberds being S8 AP3 hitting at Init 6 sounds hilarious.

Not too sure, I do have fond memories of punching a Skullhamma to bits in a single assault phase in an apoc game by buffing my Paladins up to Str9+2d6 thanks to a Librarian, BHC and Brother Captain.

I'll be playing a 2500pt game in a few weeks against an Iron Hands player who loves throwing Imperial Knights on the table, and is likely to run a biker deathstar. What sort of stuff should I include in a GK list to deal with his stuff? A friend suggested that I should try for Invisibility to make his deathstar almost useless, which could be hilarious and rage-inducing for him, but I was tempted by the idea of 3++ Land Raiders.

If he does put those Knights on the field, I will use my Thunderhawk, so he can finally get a taste of what it's like to play against something he practically can't touch. The dude hasn't lost a single game since getting those Knights so it's about time to give him a taste of his own medicine, and with luck he'll use them less after he realises how much of a dick move it is to put stuff like that on the table every game. Fight fire with fire :smug:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Dropzone Commander uses something similar in the form of tactics/command cards. Your HQ basically has several 1 time use abilities you can activate during a turn. Better HQs have more abilities they can purchase or use more of them etc.

Game design is entirely outside the realm of GW's incapable staff, however.

So similar to Deadzone? I like the idea of having a small deck of cards that give you a pair of bonuses that you can choose to use wherever you need, it's a pretty cool game mechanic.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

In your case? Because of the passive-aggressive, snippy things you constantly say about competitive players. I know I'm not the only one who finds it incredibly tiresome.

Competitive players in a lot of environments tend to be elitist dicks so they deserve the snippy, passive-aggressive comments more often than not.
I find playing against min-maxing, WAAC army lists used by someone with a bachelors in rules-lawyering incredibly tiresome. There's two sides to the coin, AbusePuppy, or are you just trying to live up to your username by hurling insults?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I'm with you, there. But my gaming group is in love with the cards for some reason. I feel like a sourpuss because they seem unbalanced to me, but the rest of the group disagrees.

The argument one guy made to me was, "It gives Dave a chance," - Dave being our awful player. I don't mind balancing so Dave has a chance, but making the entire game rely on a card draw goes a little too far.

Yeah, it's a stupid system.

"Kill a flyer/FMC" uh ok, I'm playing against footdar. Wish me luck?
"Successfully cast a psychic power" well that sucks if you're playing Necrons. Not going to happen.
"Take and hold objective 3" The one behind about 50 Firewarriors? Ahahahahaha! Not in this lifetime, buddy.

Being able to simply have a free mulligan of all the cards you draw at the start of the game would be a huge help, or even allow more than one discard per turn, so you don't get stuck with "Kill a flyer" against a dude fielding 6 Imperial Knights or something.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Warhammer: Blue Shell Edition.

This reminds me of a really cool Tau Railgun speederbike conversion I saw a while back

Tuxedo Jack posted:

The cards remove any strategy you would normally take from turn to turn in a mission, and the game becomes "Simon Says" based on the cards, rewards irreverent unit behavior over a cohesive strategy.

To me, the cards make 40k feel like an FPS game. It seems like the cards are there to act like orders from an armchair general over a radio like in games like CoD, shouting out stuff like "Ramirez, shoot down that chopper!", "Ramirez, kill the enemy leader" and "Ramirez, take objective Bravo" and we all know who CoD's target audience is :v:

Lord Of Texas posted:

I don't mean to be a dick, but when your examples include sinkholes (!!!) and the entire unit spraining their ankles simultaneously, I think it's fair to assess that you are rationalizing, not supporting your point.

In the grim darkness of the far future, genetically-modified superhumans and millenia-old robots need to be conscious of muscle tearing.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

If we get mod approval, would anyone be interested in a thread for a 40k House Rules Edition?
:frogon:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

If you had like 1 a turn or 2 a turn it'd be fine, trying them out with Necrons I've lost every game, I can't keep up to slow. Played a game where I lost by 12, just nothing you can do.

Necrons have no excuse to not be nabbing every objective in sight, given they're pretty much the most mobile army thanks to nearly every unit being able to take a French breakfast.
Turn 5 cross-table disembarks make them stupidly good at taking objectives and if you're running Battle-Forged, enemy Devastator squads can't do poo poo to stop you from securing objective 2 in their deployment zone.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Though I don't think too many armies can really go nuts with psykers; tyranids and eldar seem the ones to watch out for.

Tyranids aren't that worrisome in the psychic phase because all of their psykers are 170+ points or Zoanthropes which are in the most hotly-contested FOC slot, granted that's not much of an issue anymore now that we can have as many FOCs as we like. Still, having more than one Zoanthrope per brood is a bad idea because they're a Brotherhood so you don't get extra dice. Eldar might, depending on how Warlocks grant warp charges (Not sure if it's per Warlock or per unit of warlocks). Grey Knights and (obviously) Daemons are the kings of the psychic phase though. Between combat squadding Purifiers and their 35 point Rhino I get 3 warp charges? :getin:

AbusePuppy posted:

Just to point out, you do not place the Escape Hatch until a model embarks onto the building, so no shenanigans in that respect.

He did say that Genestealers will be infiltrating inside the the building, so it will be embarked before the first turn to drop the escape hatch.

PeterWeller posted:

I get you, but I do think there should be a fluffy reason why stuff happens. As I have said, the mechanics codify and model the fluff. But that said, fluff shouldn't be an excuse for poor rules, and fluff should be compromised when it gets in the way of good and fun rules. A good example of the latter is how poor marines are in the rules compared to how they are portrayed in the fluff because if they were up to fluff snuff, they would simply roll over everything else.
It'll probably fall flat on it's face under the new rules, but every now and then we'd play a 2000pt xeno army against the old WD Movie Marines, which was pretty cool. If Marines were true to the fluff game-wise, they'd be a lot more like the Movie Marines, but that encourages you to have a 2000pt list consisting of a razorback and maybe 1 and a half tactical squads. GW can't have that, you'd still have money left in your wallet after buying a full army, a crime punishable by the holy Inquisition!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

jng2058 posted:

What we're playing on the battlefield every time we play 40k with Marines in it is when something's gone wrong, because Marines don't want to be in a fight that's 1850 vs 1850. They want to have 1850 in Marines vs 500 in very surprised Orks. If you're fighting 1850 vs 1850 it means the situation is so desperate that an even odds fight is the best they can manage, or they're fighting someone as good. Like Chaos Marines with ten thousand years of experience, say. Or some Eldar muthafucka who looks into the future and gets there first. Or there are so many fuckin' Bugs that it took tactical brilliance to maneuver yourself an even odds chance to blow up that Hive Node. All you need to do is get past that Hive Tyrant and all his buggy friends...

In short, every battle we players fight out is generally the critical point of a much larger action. It's where one side or the other will make a crucial breakthrough. Where some irreplaceable weak point in the Defense Laser network is just off the board. It's about access to the Necrons' main control node, or the entrance to the crashed Rok that if you can just get past these guys in your way you can rig the thing to explode and cripple the enemy force.

I really want to try writing up a field evacuate mission now; flyerspam deployment, Marines deploy 6" either side from the centre of the table, attackers have a 12" deployment. The marines have to get X amount/points' worth of units within 6" of the opposite short table edge to the attacker's deployment to win, to simulate a fighting retreat which they should be able to manage with no complaints thanks to the Rapid Fire buff and Snap Fire from 6th and 7th :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

LordAba posted:

Maybe back a couple editions when more transports were being taken and hive guard didn't have a nerf and ymgarl genestealers/doom were still a thing the elite slot was being filled. Now-a-days, not so much.

Zoanthropes only get one dice, but are still good in broods. Three powers (I guess; warp blast+random+primaris) and they provide some nice AP2 shooting for anti-vehicle.

Venomthropes are fantastic, and Hive Guard are still one of our only forms of high strength shooting without being a Tyrannofex and 200+ points, or an easily failed/denied psychic power that still has to roll to hit. Ignoring Jink saves is also pretty valuable, even despite their BS nerf and price rise.

Zoanthropes are ML2 Brotherhoods, so they generate 2 dice.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The Gate posted:

Saw some Movie Marine stats, and you guys were actually lowballing them motherfuckers. They were totally nuts stats, and 100 points each base, IIRC. Sarge, Special and Heavy were more.

WS6 BS6(?) S6 T6 I6(?) A3 W3 Ld10, armor was 3+ with a reroll IIRC. May have also counted as Invul for shots that were AP3 or better, I can't recall. Grenades were something like S8 AP3 large blasts, the Missile Launcher was a 2-shot lascannon while the lascannon was a S10 AP1 infinite line like AbusePuppy said. They were rending in CC, from combat knives, and the Sarge had a chainsword that counted as a power weapon (ignored all saves at the time, so AP2 equivalent now?). Bolters were S6 AP4, Assault 3, Rending I think. The flamer was some sort of horrendus torrent weapon I think, like AP 3-4. I don't recall them having any other particular special abilities but it's entirely possible they did.

The body doubles sort of broke it because buying 10-15 point extra wounds on a T6, 3+ reroll body was dumb. Otherwise it actually wouldn't be too crazy to just shove into 6-7th edition I imagine. Was really only meant to be a silly scenario thing anyway, but I thought it was pretty hilarious.

Yeah and the Bolters were pretty much Assault Cannons as well, from memory.
Movie Marines are great fun for a gently caress-around game when you want to see what it's like to fight off a sizeable WAAAAAAGH! or half a Craftworld :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It doesn't matter, of course. It's just space Barbies. But it is spirit breaking. I was going to just take a break from the group to paint my new IG army, but then I realized they're using my PE tiles, and I kind of wrote the campaign (until the group rewrote most of it), so I feel obligated to play. I don't want to be a poor sport.

They're not as bad as I probably make them sound. There are a few characters, for sure, but they're not really the awful grognards you'd typically imagine...

They just loving love those cards without rationale or understanding.

When they get a card telling them to kill poo poo that isn't on the board, a card telling them to cast a psychic power when they have no psykers and a card telling them to claim the objective you have scoring Terminators on in your own deployment, just say "You're right, these cards are awesome!" While you collect 5VP on turn 1 before they move a model or roll a die.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Those buildings :stare:
I could really go for a bunch of awesome terrain like that at my club.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Fix posted:

Yeah, we literally pack up eight to twelve guys and go to the bar after game night every Tuesday and it's rad. Game clubs are great.

You could always have your club based at a Bowling Club or similar venue so you reap all the benefits of an open bar while you play :sun:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

The issue isn't whether or not it's allowed to generate Demonology powers, the issue is that it's not allowed to 'generate' any powers at all. It isn't. It knows Terrify.

The confusing part is where the Eldar FAQ states that Psychic Pilots can generate powers from Daemonology, since the Hemlock (along with every single model with Psychic Pilot) has fixed powers. There is literally no reason why it should state that in the Eldar-specific FAQ. If GW are trying to futureproof themselves then they are doing it wrong, that sort of clarification should be in a rulebook FAQ.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Cataphract posted:

I just noticed the logo on the GW page has changed... boy, I am excited

Yeah... I don't have high hopes for it, which is a real shame since Orks haven't had a codex in so long it'd be a huge kick in the groin if it worked out to be bad.
The new 'narrative forging' Instinctive Behaviour really sets the precedent for Orks to get Animosity like their WFB counterparts.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

do you even play or paint or do anything besides cry into your tyranid codex 24/7?
I do actually, I play my Grey Knights instead :smug:

Cataphract posted:

What'd a 1500 point sisters look like nowadays? I'm (foolishly) considering putting one together. I've inherited a few models from a mate and I've always liked the look of the army so I figure I can just trawl eBay, gumtree etc. and slowly add to the collection over time.
I'd love to see some photos when you're done, I haven't seen a Sisters army in years thanks to their high-model count and metal models. I did consider doing a small force a while back with gold armour and red robes after messing around with the army painter in Soulstorm.

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jun 3, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

raverrn posted:

Well poo poo. It's good to be Grey I suppose.

The point about psyker henchmen stands though.

That's literally how we get our 'Psycannon' options on vehicles, because none of them have it as an upgrade. Funnily enough, the FW Psyback in IA2 2nd ed is 10 points more than the one we can Mcguyver out of our 5th ed codex :v:

e: Oh god, our local BA player is getting riled up about GKs having access to "no-name librarians that have the same mastery level as Mephiston". I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd assume that a dedicated Librarian in a chapter where everyone is a psyker would be better than one of the 10, maybe 15 psykers in a chapter with no psychic talent outside of that handful of specially trained and recruited Marines.

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Monoliths posted:

Am I reading the GK FAQ wrong or are henchman psykers basically like buying warp charges for 10 point a pop? Oh no I have to buy Coteaz first to get them. Not even a tax for that beautiful bastard.

That beautiful bastard even gives you two warp charges on his own.
It looks like Henchmen psykers are a Brotherhood so you only get one warp charge per henchman unit with a psyker still alive in it, but when you can take henchmen in units as small as 3, you're getting each warp charge for less than 30 points.

• Locked thread