Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can Codex: GK inquisitors cast Sanctic without perilsing on doubles? Can non-codex GK inquisitors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Let's do some real talk for a minute...

So I've started buying my DKoK army, with a full platoon and 12 Russes in the mail, as well as designs for a Baneblade, a Hydra, some Chimeras, etc...

I've been made to feel really guilty for going into heavy mech for a traditionally footslogging army. The DKoK fluff really doesn't suit what I plan to build...

How horrible would it look, and how stupid would I feel (if DKoK gets an update) - if I painted my DKoK army as Armageddon Steel Legion?

There are noticeable differences, the lack of goggles, the length of the coat, the helmet... And I don't want to do a deep conversion on all of the models, but it seems like this could give me a cool and unique army. But would it look right? Would I just hate myself for not painting them as Krieg?

There are DKoK armoured companies.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Inquisitor rolling in a Chimera with Asterion Moloc and Sternguard :getin:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really need to get around to building and painting my Minotaurs with DKK Armoured Company support...

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ugh... I really need to get my poo poo together and finish building this loving Minotaurs army.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
DC nerds: it's happening

I'm finally buying lumber for this loving table.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

AbusePuppy posted:

Ewwwwwww. I... don't really know what they can do to cost that thing appropriately, given how strong a gun that is in normal 40K. It'd have to be well over 500pts, because the Inferno Gun can easily kill off 2-3 entire squads in a single blast.

Definitely looks better from that angle than from others, though.

The old Slaanesh Subjugator had a S6 AP3 hellstorm (no torrent) and I want to say two battle cannons for 500

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

AbusePuppy posted:

Well, for one as I recall those weren't official rules but just something that the internet cooked up, as I don't believe any of the Knights ever got an official rules release. For two, the Torrent effect makes a bit of a difference in how many models you're able to hit, as it gives you much more freedom of placement.

FW has cleaned up a lot of their worst offenders crowd recently, but I think that's more an accident than anything; they still pretty clearly don't have much of a grasp of how to balance units, which is unfortunate.

They were official rules, back when GW hosted Apocalypse datasheets

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did forgeworld ever re-FAQ IA2 armored batallion in light of codex:am?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
PFGs in Land Raiders is a thing again in 7th edition, right? Measuring from the hull and everything?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Icon Of Sin posted:

The tech priest with a PFG attaching to a command squad carrying the dakka banner seems like it could spit out an impressive number of shots (a hurricane bolter on either sponson and an assault cannon on the front) and be stupidly tough to break open. That's pushing 450-500 points for that unit though, so about 2 squads of Deathwing or so :v:

You run it with a bunch of Ravenwing supporting usually, I think

Wait, are Deathwing good now?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can you take hurricane bolter mortis dreadnoughts? that'd be fun for Dark Angels with the banner of devestation

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Indolent Bastard posted:

Hello fellow hams. I have decided to sell off my Space Marine guff and just be an Ork purist. The trouble being, I don't know SM as well as I know Orks and so can't easily identify everything I have.

If you would be so kind, let me know what the heck it is I have. I know lots of stuff I have is common as dirt but a few pieces seem somewhat rare and therefore hopefully worth something.

Seatbelts?

part of a drop pod

quote:

Special Pack Close Up

I will buy this.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Which begs a question, since the last Armored Battle Group update was prior to 7th and the new Astra Militarum update, do their Leman Russes keep the Lumbering Behemoth special rule?

Keep bugging FW to FAQ that book. I want my loving beast hunter rounds.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
so I might be playing again soon

I have two FW vanquisher turrets intending to run them as IA:1 armored company command tank and commissar tank respectively with beast hunter shells (s8 ap2 3" blast instant death or s8 ap2 armorbane) and co-axial heavy stubber (roll first, if you hit, joined weapon is twin-linked), with an AF squad with autocannon in an autocannon chimera.

Pricey (190-210 depending on whether you toss on hb sponsons) but worth it as allies to space marines? All said it's 540 points, I think.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

AbusePuppy posted:

Why not run the second tank as a regular Russ squad in your troops slot? Saves you a chunk of points on those Guardsmans that aren't really doing a lot for you.

Also I would try and get some sponsons onto the Command Tank, but that's because I love sponsons.

because only command and commissar vanquishers can take beast hunter shells.

the other option was an eradicator in troops to deal with poo poo like pathfinders or whatnot

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hamath Kraatos? Yea or nay? Just converted up one.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

yes I have a display case for my warhams

yes that's a praetor body

yes I need to drill out the barrel

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moola posted:

Is that official FW model?

loving lol the casting quality looks TERRIBLE.

no, it's a hosed up games day boarding marine head

e: jesus it looks terrible close up. gonna find a different head.

e2: Just wound up going with an Errant head. Maybe I'll snag a plume off ebay.

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 10, 2014

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

jadebullet posted:

So I just wanted to confirm since I don't have the codex with me right now, but a Space Marine Honor Guard is 5 members, correct?

2 + champion, can buy 7 more

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

jadebullet posted:

Yeah, I don't know why I thought it was 5. I think I may have gotten it mixed up with the kit coming with 5 figures.

Anyway, how do people normally run their Honor Guard anyway? You can have up to 10, but I think that is way too big of a points sink and was thinking about running 5 with a banner, and kitting them and my Chapter Master out for close combat.(Thunder Hammer for the Chapter Master, and Relic Blades or Power Axes for the Honor Guard.) This is partially for fluff reasons, and partially because it seems like it would be a pretty fun squad to run. Is that reasonable? For context, I play casually and just want to make sure that setting up a squad like this isn't completely useless but I don't care as much if it isn't the absolutely most optimal.

200 points gets you 8 of them vs. 5 assault terminators. That you can run them in numbers "cheaply" makes failing the 2+ save not such a big deal. They can sweeping advance. They have enough attacks (3 each, +1 if you banner, -1 if you relic blade) that multi-charging and taking disordered charge isn't terrible.

Throw them in a drop pod, or a Stormraven, or a Caestus.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
ughhh that terrain

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crowleraptor posted:

I'd love to see Chaos Sicaran rules now...

IA 13 looking to be a must buy for CSM players. And I can pull my renegades that 7th chucked in the bin out and start working on them again.

Reaper Accelerator Autocannon
S7 AP4 Heavy a billion

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crowleraptor posted:

Does that differ in any way from the standard pattern auto-cannon on a Sicaran? (Heavy 6, twin linked, rending, target locked or something - blah ignores jink)
Because it sounds worse :p

a billion > 6

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only needs to be hot, not boiling

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Direwolf posted:

I loooooove this model and I really like how he turned out, and I just wish there was any use for him at all in my Deathwing.

I'd play with him rather than Belial in a heartbeat, but I don't have enough points to run 2 HQ and have it make sense.

It's really sad how little use chaplains have generally given that they're the best space marine models.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

LingcodKilla posted:

What bothers me most is you have take the dumb crozius. No sir I do not want to take an AP4 weapon especially when I have a 3+/4++ save. An axe or fist would be so much better.

ivanus enkomi :getin:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Minotaurs or kill yourself

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Potential BFF posted:

What are the FW rules for Minotaurs like? I like their models and fluff.

Chapter tactics are geared towards "assault the enemy on their half of the board"

Characters are:
Moloc is chapter master with preferred enemy (space marines) but all space marines are desperate allies, S6 AP2 I5 attacks, 2+/3++ eternal warrior, fearless, his unit ignores initiative penalties from terrain
Enkomi is chaplain with option for AP3 crozius and +1 attack for 10 points, and also has rage (his unit gets +2 attacks on the charge instead of +1)
Aiakos has contemptor save +1 (is HQ or elites? page is headed "HQ" but box on bottom says "elites")
Kraatos is a 60 point upgrade to devastator sgt., has heavy bolter with 48" s6 ap3 heavy 1 sniper option, and preferred enemy (everything without AV other than artillery I guess?)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matgash posted:

A few pages back I know but I have to say I loved these guys when you first shared them, so much so that I stole your idea and did my own. Finished the first 5 today.

I even used your painting guide to do the flames! :)

The one with the plume is Enkomi's head?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Potential BFF posted:

Doesn't look like it, but can you fit a standard terminator head on the terminator Praetor?

not really

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just built a Sicaran Battletank, and I just gave up on putting the bottom on entirely because it doesn't fit at all.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean it really doesn't matter because you can't see it at all but still!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Neighborhood kids (ages 4-8) came over to decorate pumpkins today, and they made it to my warhammer room

They are now the proud owners of:
two test-painted tactical marines (imperial fists and a minotaurs I didn't like)
two necron warriors
two dark vengeance sergeants (who the gently caress runs plamsa pistols?)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
They liked space marines with capes and swords and the one Dark Angels vet I made with two guns

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Direwolf posted:

Well, a bike gives you relentless twin linked bolters, +1T (and therefore more instant death survival), turbo boost faster than cavalry run; the steed gives you +1A and Outflank, which means that you will come in later and possibly on the wrong side of the board.

Bike is nearly better in every way and gives you guns and survivability and you'll probably charge turn 2 instead of turn 3/4 from being in reserves. However, I really like the idea of the steed? So I would put him on a steed and call it a bike, ha.

Acute senses also, so you reroll the outflank edge.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
what the gently caress

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
is that a land raider and two valkyries kitbashed?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

BULBASAUR posted:

So much AV9 out there, good thing Tyrnaids are getting a S3 armorbane weapon to counter it :allears:

Compare this to the KRAKEN missile fired by the Thunderbolt- S8 AP1 armorbane + tank hunters

S3 armorbane can pen AV14 just sayin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
anything veteran space marine, because it's an excuse to be ridiculous with robes and scrolls and poo poo

• Locked thread